• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Coyote0106

1/23 & 1/24 GDT: QC Flames @ Griffs

Rate this topic

QC1.jpg vs. GRG1.jpg

Quad City Flames (16-19-5-3) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (26-9-6-3)

griffins13.jpg

The Griffins finally won a game in overtime, now they look ahead to Quad City. Quad City is coming off of a shutout loss to Milwaukee, while the Griffins have received points in their last 3 games (5 out of 6 points). Captain Darren Haydar has turned his play around, and has been playing his best hockey of late. The defense has had several mental flatulence's in the past few games, and Quad City will try and capitalize.

Season Match-up:
11-18-2008: Grand Rapids 3 @ Quad City 1 Boxscore
01-23-2009: Quad City @ Grand Rapids
01-24-2009: Quad City @ Grand Rapids
02-04-2009: Grand Rapids @ Quad City

Possible line-up:

Leino - Abdelkader - Ritola
Haydar - Emmerton - Tardif
Lemeiux - Helm/Mursak/Pare*- McGrath
Gagnon - Oulahen - Downey

Kolosov - Pyett
Stafford - Jozsa
Kindl - Galvin

Larsson
Howard

Scratches:
Helm*
Ericsson
Mursak*
Pare*
*(One of the 3 forwards should hopefully be OK to play)

Team Leaders:
  • Goals
    • Griffins: Haydar (16)
    • Flames: Greentree (20)
  • Assists
    • Griffins: Leino (26)
    • Flames: Lundmark(31)
    • Flames: Lundmark(42)
  • Penalty Minutes
    • Griffins: Downey (69)
    • Flames: Vandermeer (132)

Notes
  • Haydar is on a 3 game point streak (2G, 2A).
  • The goalie duel is back with Howard having good outings the last few times.
  • Pete Vandermeer is making his return to the Van Andel arena, after playing in Grand Rapids in the 04-05 campaign.
  • The Griffins will wear a "throwback" jersey on Saturday 1/24, with an auction following the game.
Edited by Coyote0106

Griffins win 2-1 in a shootout.

Goals:

QC: Greentree (Lundmark)

GR: Leino (Haydar, Tardif)

Shootout: Leino, Ritola and McGrath all scored. None of the QC shots were good.

Three Stars:

1. GR - Larsson

2. QC - Keetley

3. GR - Leino

That was another half-assed game. i don't know what is up with these guys, but this is just stupid. They are showing up in spurts. Something has got to change quickly.

Kindl had a rough night, he had pucks jump over his stick, he made some bad passes.

Larsson once again made some BIG saves, he's been playing lights out. He's been VERY impressive this year.

Downey had a bad night. He got hit hard several times, and only hit people a few times. They were playing like they could get inside his head, and I'm surprised he remained calm. There was one shift where he lost it, but luckily no penalty. He needs to step it up tonight.

Tonight's the throwback night, and we should see Howard in net. Hopefully we get 2 more points.

Guest mindfly

You know.. I had the best dream tonight... Larsson got called up and played a game with Red Wings... too bad it was just a dream

I'm back, big thanks to Coyote for the GDT's. :thumbup:

So glad to see Mursak getting a few consecutive games. And to start tonight's game...

1 - QC Chucko, 0:43 - Roughing , 2 min

1 - GR Mursak, 0:43 - Roughing , 2 min

Don't take any rubbish Jan! :thumbup:

Yep, shootout win: 1-0.

Leino - NG, Haydar - NG, McGrath - NG, Emmerton - G.

All 5 of the QC shooters - NG.

Lots of shots throughout the game. Both goalies were excellent (especially Jimmy). Very chippy with the same teams playing two nights in a row; lots of hitting and "accidental" bumping occurred after each whistle. Oulahen, Josza and Kindl - all unlikely candidates - seemed to be looking for a fight all evening. No takers.

I thought Chucko was going to just get jumped by Kindl at one point. To end the second period, Chucko's stick was on the ice. Kindl kicks all the way to the other side of the rink, I was just hoping to see him go. He got jumped by him earlier, and you could tell he wanted to have a REAL fight. Chucko just kept retreating with his tail between his legs when they came together. That said, Chucko did a good job for his team being the "agitator". But as a whole, QC did a great job with their game plan. They wanted to be physical, and they were ALL game. The Griffs didn't try, and we were LUCKY to get the 2 points. Howard played brilliant, hell, there were times I thought he was the only D-man on our team.

Kindl is really regressing in my eyes. He is turning the puck over alot more than usual (this year). He needs to just calm down and get back to making the safe play. I was really high on him, but he can't keep causing these turnovers. It sounds like Ericsson might be out for a good bit, so he really needs to step it up. Be the anchor he was for the first part of the season.

We got 4 out of 4 points, when we showed up for MAYBE 15 minutes TOTAL. The team needs to realize they got lucky, and go from there.

Edit: Glad to see you back Aussie. It just wasn't the same without the usual GDT's.

Edited by Coyote0106

wow must have been tense out there, no goals the whole game. we have really racked up the shut outs this year, what is the total??? glad to see howard play a solid game, did he start back to back?? gotta love beating the QC flames.

wow must have been tense out there, no goals the whole game. we have really racked up the shut outs this year, what is the total??? glad to see howard play a solid game, did he start back to back?? gotta love beating the QC flames.

Larsson started 1/23, Howard last night.

Larsson was 34/35 (and 3/3 in the SO), Howard was 43/43 (and 5/5 in the SO!)

That puts the Griffs net minders at 85/86 for the weekend. Imagine what our record would be this year if your goalies played as bad as our defense.

Edited by Coyote0106

Larsson started 1/23, Howard last night.

Larsson was 34/35 (and 3/3 in the SO), Howard was 43/43 (and 5/5 in the SO!)

That puts the Griffs net minders at 85/86 for the weekend. Imagine what our record would be this year if your goalies played as bad as our defense.

43 shots a game is pretty bad.