• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reds4Life

Bettman suspends Lidstrom, Datsyuk 1-game each

Rate this topic

That's been the NHL "rule" for quite awhile. If you completely skip All-Star weekend, you either sit out the game before the weekend, or the game after the weekend.

And what about players who got injured during the game but will be healed within the week?

It's just one game and it's against the Blue Jackets.

Yeah, and it is the one of two games this year I am able to attend! :thumbdown: for suspension, I will be quite angry if this happens.

Conduct detrimental to the league. Done.

Im not a lawyer but to me that holds about as much water as a sieve. I bet the NHL backs off after the NHLPA lawyers have something to say.

And what about players who got injured during the game but will be healed within the week?

You go to Montreal, you do the autograph signings, you do the sponsor events and you can play on Tuesday or whenever the first game back is.

So a player can so "No, I have a planned family trip" and miss it with no problems, but an injury is a problem??????

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't some one last year skip out for family reasons and that is how Ralf got in??

Well it is their job to be at a event that they where chosen for (not by the fans) that is very important to their boss... so no big deal just off ice stuff they have to do.

Oh and it should be pointed out that I guess they won't be forced to participate in on-ice activities but are being asked to be there for the fans. If that's the case I'm fine with it.

edit: MacK already pointed it out.

Oh and it should be pointed out that I guess they won't be forced to participate in on-ice activities but are being asked to be there for the fans. If that's the case I'm fine with it.

edit: MacK already pointed it out.

I agree with your point, but Bettman makes me hate him exponentially by the day. As Doug just mentioned on 97.1 too, who knows where Pavel and Nick even are right now with a week off. They may have gone to the motherland to see family and now they have to try and change plans to get back to Montreal.