• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Xitium

So, you want to work for the Red Wings you say...

Rate this topic

I apologize beforehand if this was posted elsewhere, but I tried searching and couldn't find it, so here we go. Also, if this belongs elsewhere, please move the thread.

People always say they want to work for the Wings, and now those people have their shot. The down side it might be a damn hard job.

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=22841

Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales

Account Executive - Detroit Red Wings (Detroit, MI)

The ideal candidate will:

• Prospect and sell all related ticket packages for Detroit Red Wings and “College Hockey at The Joe” including but not limited to season tickets, group tickets and partial plans

• Make a minimum of 75 outgoing cold calls per day in an effort to generate new business

• Set a minimum of 10 face to face appointments per week, both inside and outside sales, in an effort to generate new business

• Develop and submit a weekly report on sales activity

• Achieve and exceed predetermined sales goals and objectives

• Build relationships to provide for repeat business and excellent customer service

• Network and implement sales promotion programs during Detroit Red Wings and College Hockey at The Joe events, as well as various outside events and activities

• Additional game duties as assigned

QUALIFICATIONS

• Must be self directed and goal oriented

• A true passion and desire to work in the sports industry

• Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed

• Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

• Strong time management and organizational skills – Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: Have you had experience with a sports team?

2. Yes/No: Have you had at least 1 - 2 years experience with sales?

3. Yes/No: Have you had experience with cold calling with a sales poisition in the past?

Apply for this position

Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Really, with today's marketing and sales oriented jobs, that's about par for the course.

Not going to be for everyone, especially the cold calls and the setting up of at least 10 face to face meetings, but jobs like that tend to pay well for those who have what it takes to make it work.

I'm sure that it's competitive to get that job, but the description seems about average. No real strenuous requirements. I've never been in sales, but I'm sure anyone with any experience could probably do it. The cold calls are just dull and time consuming. The face to face meetings a week might be hard toa rrange though for anyone who's not really experienced.

I am completing my application as we speak. I am three months from finishing law school but I would do almost anything to work for this team.

You're kidding, right?

You do know that's an ENTRY LEVEL sales job?

Let's get this straight - you're about to receive your JD, and the job you claim to want (that probably pays $30-40 USD/yr) doesn't even require a BA/BS?

Raise your sights a little.

You're kidding, right?

Let's get this straight - you're about to receive your JD, and the job you claim to want (that probably pays $30-40 USD/yr) doesn't even require a BA/BS?

I would just hope it would lead to something bigger down the road. Gotta start somewhere.

I would just hope it would lead to something bigger down the road. Gotta start somewhere.

Exactly, it's all about getting your foot in the door. Just because someone applies for an entry level position doesn't mean they're not setting their sights high enough.

I work a sales job right now and would definitely do it if I didnt live in Canada. The face-to-face meetings would definitely be tough to arrange but working for the Red Wings is a dream for sure.

You're kidding, right?

Although it's not officially listed, a BA/BS will be highly sought after. I'm currently going through school (will graduate with a BS) to obtain a position similar to that.