• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Avalanche Warning

Attending my first NHL game

Rate this topic

Hey guys I will be attending my first ever NHL game when the Avs visit the Joe on February 15th, I hope it will be an awesome experience, although I have a few questions.

What are some fun things to do before and after the game? (I am not 21 <_<)

How are the sight-lines at the Joe? I will be sitting in section 225A.

I'll be decked out in Avs gear, ball cap and Stastny jersey? How much verbal abuse am I in for?!

Any other tips would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to seeing the Avs go 3-0 against you guys this year.. :P

I'm jealous! I am a Wings fan and my boy is an Avs fan. We live in Denver. He was intending on flying us out to Detroit to see the game for my birthday (Feb 15), especially since it was his fault we spent $400 on tix and missed the Wings/Avs in Denver in Dec.

But, flight plans/good tickets fell through. So I am insanely jealous!

I'll be decked out in Avs gear, ball cap and Stastny jersey? How much verbal abuse am I in for?!

At the arena or on this site???

Any other tips would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to seeing the Avs go 3-0 against you guys this year.. :P

After going 0-4 in the post season against us, I guess it's only fair... :yahoo:

Enjoy the game...

Hey guys I will be attending my first ever NHL game when the Avs visit the Joe on February 15th, I hope it will be an awesome experience, although I have a few questions.

Before the game...

Greektown has some good restaurants and the like even though the area is pretty small/compact. Don't need to be 21 to go to the restaurants. Google Greektown and you'll probably find some info.

Site lines are good I think. The arena is a basic bowl shape of just 1 or 2 levels so it's hard to have a bad seat I think. I went to a few games where the Dallas Stars used to play in Reunion arena and it was just two basic levels as well with one concourse level. Great seats.

As long as you don't act like a lunatic, I think you'll be fine. I went up to see the Wings-Avs in the playoffs last year in the 2nd round and obviously saw a few Avs apparel here/there and other than some friendly ribbing, no fans on either side were acting out of line or anything.

well im going to the same game actually, greektown is good for food as is cheli's chili, you can take the people mover which i find is very useful for getting around the downtown

there is not a bad seat in the joe

as far as verbal abuse goes, you should be ok, just make sure you show respect in our barn

hope you have fun!

Before the game...

Greektown has some good restaurants and the like even though the area is pretty small/compact. Don't need to be 21 to go to the restaurants. Google Greektown and you'll probably find some info.

Site lines are good I think. The arena is a basic bowl shape of just 1 or 2 levels so it's hard to have a bad seat I think. I went to a few games where the Dallas Stars used to play in Reunion arena and it was just two basic levels as well with one concourse level. Great seats.

As long as you don't act like a lunatic, I think you'll be fine. I went up to see the Wings-Avs in the playoffs last year in the 2nd round and obviously saw a few Avs apparel here/there and other than some friendly ribbing, no fans on either side were acting out of line or anything.

Thanks alot.

The People Mover is a very economical way to get around the city. My husband and I use it every game we go to.

Cheli's is a good place to eat, so is the Hockeytown Cafe. I'd recommend taking the Avs paraphenalia off before you go in there though. If you're adventurous, there is a nice little place in Hamtramck that has great food. PM me if you want to know how to get there. It's mainly Greek/American cuisine, but I can vouch for their chicken Alfredo as well.

As far as wearing the enemy colors in the Joe, I sat beside a guy with a Chicago Blackhawks jersey last year and we got along fine. The last game we went to we had three Dallas fans in front of us, but we ignored them.

The seats at the Joe are all pretty accessible. Our favorite place to sit is Section 106.

Have fun!