• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zuco

Unofficial Sergei Fedorov Night!

Rate this topic

This will be the first meeting of the Caps and Red Wings since before last season's trade deadline, when the Caps traded a unknown prospect for Sergei Fedorov. He's one of the most talented players ever, the highest scoring Russian-born NHLer, and a great guy. With the strong contingent of Detroit fans that will surely be coming to the game, as they always do, we should all come together to honor Sergei for his achievements.

I hereby propose Unofficial Sergei Fedorov Night to celebrate his complete domination of all records held previously by other Russian players.

Please see the link above and print a copy to bring to the game. Heck, if you can spare ten copies, we can share with all fans our appreciation for Fedorov and what his presence means for the league as a whole. Bring ten signs and hand them out to friends and strangers, fans of both teams, and spread the love! I'm hoping we can fill the lower bowl with these signs for warmups, so come on down if you're there early enough.

Glad the game is in Washington so Feds wont get booed... I hate that <_<

I always got tickets to the games he played at the Joe, and the people booing him around where I sat were always 20-year-old kids. I had a blast asking if they knew why they were booing him. They have every right to, but most boo just b/c everyone else does. It bugs me too though.

Been looking forward to this game the whole season.

For sure. I was very happy when the NHL changed the schedule format so we can see OV more. It should be a good game, they are having a big year. (it seems)

[Edit] So he's a Corner Crook, but not a Cheese Chisler?

I would take a sign, but I will not be going to Washington. :(

Edited by RedWingedKitten

For sure. I was very happy when the NHL changed the schedule format so we can see OV more. It should be a good game, they are having a big year. (it seems)

[Edit] So he's a Corner Crook, but not a Cheese Chisler?

I would take a sign, but I will not be going to Washington. :(

The Caps will be up for sure. Sergei will be flying. Hopefully Datsyuk and Lidstrom will still have a hair across their ass about the ASG fiasco.

He's all of em... he instictively knows what your favorite is and goes for it. ;)

Fedorov has seen the sign and was truly touched and humbled by it. If he blushed at seeing a few, imagine how he would react to a sea of them.

Thank you all for your feedback and support. It is really appreciated by your fellow hockey fans.

Oh, and Broken, your sig ROCKS!

Edited by zuco

Fedorov has seen the sign and was truly touched and humbled by it. If he blushed at seeing a few, imagine how he would react to a sea of them.

Thank you all for your feedback and support. It is really appreciated by your fellow hockey fans.

Oh, and Broken, your sig ROCKS!

Wait

So are Caps fans gonna be sporting the signs too? If so that's awesome.

I will be watching from the 49th and looking for the signs. :thumbup:

I'm actually trying to scalp tickets to this game seeing as that they were sold-out by the time my plans to DC were finalized. I probably should PM Viperar, but does anyone in that area know where I can go to buy tickets from "local salespeople" or are they pretty much everywhere around Verizon Center?

I always got tickets to the games he played at the Joe, and the people booing him around where I sat were always 20-year-old kids. I had a blast asking if they knew why they were booing him. They have every right to, but most boo just b/c everyone else does. It bugs me too though.

I always have a blast watching the boo after is pretty much off the ice... the fans that boo him are pretty clueless when he is actually on the ice (or mentally slow) and don't start until he is about to go off... ha yeah its fun!

Guest mindfly

Too bad, in a way, that we only face the "fun" eastern teams once a year, while we play atlanta, buffalo back-to-back... i wish they could play washington, montreal, boston back-to-back or even 3 times a year... change the schedule bit please! well I take it it's a lottery on which eastern teams you play two times.. anyway, I still wanna see wings play the fun&good eastern teams

Edited by mindfly

During a heated scrum in front of the Detroit net, Fedorov pounds Lebda into the ice, Alexander Semin-style.

You heard it here first.

Am I wrong to secretly covet seeing this?

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh