• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zuco

Unofficial Sergei Fedorov Night!

Rate this topic

While I have never been a fan of booing... (the only people worth booing are refs), I can see why people boo Federov. He was always about himself, never thought he got enough playing time, etc. Not to mention... I hate his dad (the big mouth living vicariously through his son).

Wait

So are Caps fans gonna be sporting the signs too? If so that's awesome.

I will be watching from the 49th and looking for the signs. :thumbup:

Indeed! Caps fans are already on board with the signs and excited about this, too.

The graphic for the sign is actually from a design for a t-shirt for Fedorov. When I later asked him if his shirt fit alright, if he liked it, he told me that, yes, he thought it was great but all the other players were giving him grief for it. I asked him what he meant, and he said, "well, they all call me 'walking legend' now." They may say that to him, but the other guys on the team will tell you privately that they are awed that Sergei Fedorov is in their locker room.

Makes me smile that of all the t-shirts in this series, his is the most popular.

I for one love watching the Caps, most exciting team out East IMO, barnone. Love OV and Green is ridiculous on the back end. But Sergei, i dunno, I loved him in the 90s before he started thinking he was bigger than the team/Stevie, and really the guy had out worn his welcome in my eyes before he left. I don't blame him as much for leaving as much as I was glad the Wings finally called his bluff on the contracts malarky.

Indeed! Caps fans are already on board with the signs and excited about this, too.

The graphic for the sign is actually from a design for a t-shirt for Fedorov. When I later asked him if his shirt fit alright, if he liked it, he told me that, yes, he thought it was great but all the other players were giving him grief for it. I asked him what he meant, and he said, "well, they all call me 'walking legend' now." They may say that to him, but the other guys on the team will tell you privately that they are awed that Sergei Fedorov is in their locker room.

Makes me smile that of all the t-shirts in this series, his is the most popular.

Thats awesome.

Sounds like you get talk to a lot of the team. If so, you are EXTREMELY lucky.

I bet the Federov leaving Detroit was planned. Since we got the best GM he all ready knew that a kid like ovechkin will be coming to the league. Federov sacrificied for the team to get to washington and convince ovechkin to one day play with the wings :siren:

Guest Shoreline
I for one love watching the Caps, most exciting team out East IMO, barnone. Love OV and Green is ridiculous on the back end. But Sergei, i dunno, I loved him in the 90s before he started thinking he was bigger than the team/Stevie, and really the guy had out worn his welcome in my eyes before he left. I don't blame him as much for leaving as much as I was glad the Wings finally called his bluff on the contracts malarky.

It was him that actually screwed the Wings out of getting other players by the contact game he played. So he f***ed the Wings doubly. And so hopefully all the Wings fans that are there boo their lungs out as I would when he touches the puck.

I am sorry I Liked Feds while he was here But to treat a organization the way he did after they put him on a team to win CUPS here was pathetic and very unprofessional. Carma has a way of working out and he hasnt been near the player he was when he was here.

Im not gonna treat him well when he upset us all for nothing more than what? not liking it here? we offered the same as Ana and he went cause DE DID NOT LIKE DETROIT OR ITS FANS that's a smack in the face to us fans

so go ahead....go to Washington...hold up your little Feds signs.......He will be laughing at you

Don't say I didn't warn you Zubo! It's been 6 years and some people are still pretty pissed that he left.

I'm hoping for a win for the Wings this Saturday but this is one game I have been anticipating all season. Hope to see lots of signs!!

Feds was a big favorite of mine, and I still don't dislike him. But I did disagree with him leaving the Wings the way he did, for more money. Look what it got him, though. So I think he's been punished sufficiently. :hehe:

As for boo'ing him, who cares? He doesn't, I bet. The Wings have moved on in such a positive direction since Feds departed, I can't say that we should hold it against him, still. He may have done us a favor.

I've always referred to Feds as the most talented under-achiever in the NHL. I sincerely believe that the only reason we saw the flashes of brilliance that marked his play when he chose to play his best was due to Scotty Bowman knowing precisely which buttons to push.

I'm actually trying to scalp tickets to this game seeing as that they were sold-out by the time my plans to DC were finalized. I probably should PM Viperar, but does anyone in that area know where I can go to buy tickets from "local salespeople" or are they pretty much everywhere around Verizon Center?

I live in No. Virginia and go to games and when you get to the Verizon Center the "local salespeople" are usually milling about out in front of the joint. If you are taking the metro in (which drops you off practically under the arena) you may find a couple of them near the metro exit, but most of them are out front of the building. BTW, Stubhub shows 207 tickets still available starting at $65 a piece (of course those are oxygen take optional)

hope this helps

Section 207 is the club level and those are primo seats at the Booth, unless you don't like sitting on an end. $65 is a pretty good price; surprising for StubHub.

HockeytownRN--yeah, I knew I would hear it a little as I knew the history. But overall, we've gotten good support from most of the Wings fans and it should make for a good afternoon of hockey. I don't begrudge any Wings fans who are still peeved. I've got my little list of players I have issues with as well.

Feds was a big favorite of mine, and I still don't dislike him. But I did disagree with him leaving the Wings the way he did, for more money. Look what it got him, though. So I think he's been punished sufficiently. :hehe:

As for boo'ing him, who cares? He doesn't, I bet. The Wings have moved on in such a positive direction since Feds departed, I can't say that we should hold it against him, still. He may have done us a favor.

I've always referred to Feds as the most talented under-achiever in the NHL. I sincerely believe that the only reason we saw the flashes of brilliance that marked his play when he chose to play his best was due to Scotty Bowman knowing precisely which buttons to push.

Well said.