• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bivan01

Claude Lemieux coming to town

Rate this topic

Just looking to see what everyone thinks what will happen to Claude when he comes to the Joe on Feb 25th. Will Darren McCarty be healthy by then? If so will he get into it with Claude? Do you think that anybody else will try to get to Claude? I hope that he gets more than his fair share of beatings. I look forward to hear what everyone else thinks.

Guest Shoreline

Dunno, maybe Drapes or Malts might have some feelings, but I doubt anyone else who was actually playing back then would care much. But I hope he gets clobbered.

The greater question is will he even be playing? While he's on the roster come Feb 25th who can say if he'll be playing. As well as D-Mac. Even if he is healthy by then. I doubt Babcock will have him play just because Lemieux is playing.

Well, I'm sure he'll get plenty of boos if he makes it to the ice. Here's hoping Kronner or Stuart steps up on him.

Idk i could see Claude doing something stupid ya know hes old he probably forgot whay happened to him last time i say we bring Downey up or have D Mac play they would replace kopecky and evryone on LGW hates him so i would rather have peace of mind

But i dont think he will playing, Senor Turtle that is, Todds gonna want more skill in the lineup especially if the Wings and Sharks are in a tight battle for first in the WC

I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen.

It has been over 10 years ago that the major incident happened, also over 10 years since the regular season hoopla fights.

While I highly doubt guys of the old Wings brass have completely forgotten about this stuff, they've moved on from it and aren't just going to settle old scores that have all but died. There are more important things at hand like improving your position in the standings.

I think we as fans put more emphasis on this stuff more than the players do.

Guest micah
I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen.

It has been over 10 years ago that the major incident happened, also over 10 years since the regular season hoopla fights.

While I highly doubt guys of the old Wings brass have completely forgotten about this stuff, they've moved on from it and aren't just going to settle old scores that have all but died. There are more important things at hand like improving your position in the standings.

I think we as fans put more emphasis on this stuff more than the players do.

Yup.

Claude Lemieux and the Red Wings have met several times since the Draper hit and the follow-up scraps with McCarty, all without incident. I have no reason to belive that there will be any fireworks on Feb 25.

Red Wings Snapshots

"It was a great rivalry," Lemieux said. "The Draper thing was blown out of proportion and something that shadowed a really good rivalry between two great teams. But that's what rivalries are about. It's part of it and I have good memories of those days."

As Malik says well, it was blown out of proportion like Draper's orbital bone and jaw..

Glad to see he's still the cocky tool he once was, too bad his talent couldn't keep up with his mouth.

Guest micah
Glad to see he's still the cocky tool he once was, too bad his talent couldn't keep up with his mouth.

Ummm, his tallent wasn't exactly lacking. He was a pretty darn good player and one of the best clutch performers the league has ever seen.

Ummm, his tallent wasn't exactly lacking. He was a pretty darn good player and one of the best clutch performers the league has ever seen.

UMMMM...could you please explain to me where my post says anything about him not being talented? I was saying that he's still got the same idiotic mouth but he's not as good.

Or are you trying to tell me he's still as talented as he was at age 43?

Edited by Louisville

Guest micah

I'm sorry, for some reason I read "couldn't" as being past-tense, as in "back then, his tallent couldn't keep up with his mouth". "Didn't" would have been a better choice of words and made your intent more clear.

I don't know if he's as talented as he was when he was 43, I've watched about 4 minutes of the Sharks since he's been back. It hasn't been demontrated to me that his tallent has increased or decreased yet. I'd guess that it would have decreased, but I haven't seen enough to state that it has.

Also, please demonstrate that he is as mouthy as he was. Certainly you're not using one brief quote to form that oppinion.

I'm sorry, for some reason I read "couldn't" as being past-tense, as in "back then, his tallent couldn't keep up with his mouth". "Didn't" would have been a better choice of words and made your intent more clear.

I don't know if he's as talented as he was when he was 43, I've watched about 4 minutes of the Sharks since he's been back. It hasn't been demontrated to me that his tallent has increased or decreased yet. I'd guess that it would have decreased, but I haven't seen enough to state that it has.

Also, please demonstrate that he is as mouthy as he was. Certainly you're not using one brief quote to form that oppinion.

:rolleyes:

I guess I understand you thought I was talking in the past tense and I should of wrote it differently. But that's just stupid to assume, Lemieux was one of the most clutch players in his day.

Its too bad I don't have "Blood Feud" with me at work. Great demonstration of quotes and he showed no remorse for what he did to Draper then as he doesn't now.

And yes your guess would be right, you do know that the end of his career involved being bounced around a few teams and his eventual demise in the AHL right?

Just looking to see what everyone thinks what will happen to Claude when he comes to the Joe on Feb 25th. Will Darren McCarty be healthy by then? If so will he get into it with Claude? Do you think that anybody else will try to get to Claude? I hope that he gets more than his fair share of beatings. I look forward to hear what everyone else thinks.

something tells me that he wont be up in san jose that long but i've been wrong before it sure would be nice to see him and mac go at it again

too bad we didn't have avery for another fight night at the joe. being a wings fan i would love to see claude get his chimes rung. and also being a sharks fan...i would like to see him off the sharks. i hate that piece of s***! he should be playing in china where this whole garbage started for him. out of all the nhl teams to play for...he had to choose my second favorite team :starwars:

I WILL BE AT THAT GAME. Trekking down from the Yoop.

Hopefully he gets his bell rung, I mean, the mans, what, 43? And has been out of professional hockey for 5 years?

I have pretty good seats, so hopefully he'll be able to hear me yelling at him that he has a V where his P should be. ******.

Guest micah
And yes your guess would be right, you do know that the end of his career involved being bounced around a few teams and his eventual demise in the AHL right?

Don't you think it's a bit early to be talking about the "end of his carreer"?

Apparently Darren McCarty's carreer ended in disgrace, he was a bankrupt gambling addict with substance abuse problems who made a fool out of himself playing for Calgary and nobody ever heard from him again....;)

Don't you think it's a bit early to be talking about the "end of his carreer"?

Apparently Darren McCarty's carreer ended in disgrace, he was a bankrupt gambling addict with substance abuse problems who made a fool out of himself playing for Calgary and nobody ever heard from him again....;)

Oh man, you just don't get the point, obviously, so I'm done with you.