• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

The Wings secret to success!

Rate this topic

the wings fill their roster with players that fill a specific role. they figured out a formula of different players that make a sucessful team and stick to it. the wings are pretty much the same now as they were in 95, just with different names on the jerseys.

A great deal of it has to do with branding and forming a team identity. The Redwings and the Flyers are probably the two teams that are best at doing that. From the top, they know exactly what kind of team they want to be on the ice and find the types of players to fill those roles.

Since the early 90s, the Wings have set out to be a finesse team just as the Flyers have always set out to be a big physical team. There are various organizations throughout the world of sports and they have all traditionally found themselves on the winning side.

It helps when you have an owner who respects his employees, and will make damned sure that those employees are happy. It's why players beg to come here and play, and once they get here, they don't want to leave. And will also take a hometown discount to stay. It's why you see players like Nick, Homer, Pasha, Steve Yzerman, and Henrik stay here their whole careers and never regret the decision. It's why someone like Aaron Downey will change his mind about retiring and go play in Grand Rapids, helping out the younger players coming up, and when he does get the chance to come up and play with the parent club, he's grateful that he didn't leave the game.

I hear he throws a great Stanely Cup victory party. I'd like to party with Mike.

I've been to one. Back in '02. He does throw a great party and yes, you should want to party with Mike. And Luc Robitaille and his wife. PARTY ANIMALS YO!!!!!!!!