• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Esquire

Crosby Back In Lineup...TONIGHT!?!

Rate this topic

I still like Crosby. I don't like the situation; and I don't like what he said, but I still like him.

There should have been a warning that this thread might have been about something people are tired of discussing so they would know they weren't required to read it.

There should have been a warning that this thread might have been about something people are tired of discussing so they would know they weren't required to read it.

Like the word: "Crosby"?

Edited by egroen

Dude, we knew this before the ASG. So what? Get over it.

We knew he was coming back the game after?

Crosby showed up for the media this weekend claiming he was injured, and IMPLYING that Dats and Lids were NOT injured. He definitely got an excemption from this rule, and further went on to make statements that he should have kept his mouth shut about, BECAUSE he is a captain and in my opinion should at least ACT like he has respect for other captains. I don't care if he was any other hockey player, could care less that it is Sidney Crosby, I think that b/c he is a captain he should have kept his mouth shut. Claiming he was injured and now playing tonight without a second thought is a bunch of crap. He should have been sitting out as PER THE RULE just like Dats and Lids did as he did not play in the ASG. I have no respect for him.

This

I still like Crosby. I don't like the situation; and I don't like what he said, but I still like him.

I'll be sure to send disclaimers out to all LGW members next time. Didn't ask you to read it. Didn't ask you to post about it either.

I'll be sure to send disclaimers out to all LGW members next time. Didn't ask you to read it. Didn't ask you to post about it either.

My bad. I was referring to the people who dropped in to say that they didn't want to read/discuss it any more. If they don't want to, that's fine. I can discuss it all day (and have for several).

I was being sarcastic as they should have been able to tell by the title of the thread what it was about. I couldn't expect you to know that I was on the side of those who think this is a big pot of raw sewage. There are just too many of us here to keep us all straight, but I went on as though everyone was supposed to know what I thought. I didn't think about how it would look to you.

I'm sorry about that.

Yeah, as I said, I like Sid (except for the stupid things he has said, which I put down to youthful inexperience), and I only mentioned that I like him because I don't want people saying that I think this is crap because I'm a Crosby-hater, as has been implied elsewhere.

Edited by 55fan

My bad. I was referring to the people who dropped in to say that they didn't want to read/discuss it any more. If they don't want to, that's fine. I can discuss it all day (and have for several).

I was being sarcastic as they should have been able to tell by the title of the thread what it was about. I couldn't expect you to know that I was on the side of those who think this is a big pot of raw sewage. There are just too many of us here to keep us all straight, but I went on as though everyone was supposed to know what I thought. I didn't think about how it would look to you.

I'm sorry about that.

Yeah, as I said, I like Sid (except for the stupid things he has said, which I put down to youthful inexperience), and I only mentioned that I like him because I don't want people saying that I think this is crap because I'm a Crosby-hater, as has been implied elsewhere.

I hear ya. I didn't mean to come off bitchy either. Just been a long day at work and then I come home to shovel 20 cm of fresh snow out of my driveway.

I've also spent the entire day defending the Zetterburg deal to my Wing hating friends who also foolishly say stupid s*** like "Zetterburg's injury is karma for the Wings not participating in the ASG" and "Holland is an idiot for giving him 12 years"

<_<

Guest Shoreline
We knew he was coming back the game after?

This

Wrong.

Everyone knew if he went there for the "festivities" rather than the game, he would be eligible able to play the next game after if he could, and because Lids or Dats did not, they received no option in losing out the next game with pay. Again, nothing is surprising here. Big whoop. Went over this numerous times in the other topics. If you post s*** people already knew, especially about a player that's already obsessed over more than any other, it's bound to receive criticism. And rightfully.

Crosby = horrible ambassador for the NHL.

Until this league decides to recognize their best players and hire a real marketing team it will always be an afterthought.

We're getting to ticky-tack about "the rule." Originally the rule was stated as: If a player misses the ASG they must miss the game prior or the game after the ASG. Until Cindy called Bettman and asked what he could do to get out of it, there was no exception that said you could show up for pictures and autographs and you were all set.

That's all there is to it.

Cindy is untouchable...

Bottom line, who cares, the Wings are winners.

Wrong.

Everyone knew if he went there for the "festivities" rather than the game, he would be eligible able to play the next game after if he could, and because Lids or Dats did not, they received no option in losing out the next game with pay. Again, nothing is surprising here. Big whoop. Went over this numerous times in the other topics. If you post s*** people already knew, especially about a player that's already obsessed over more than any other, it's bound to receive criticism. And rightfully.

so are you calling Lidstrom a liar then? He said he received no phone call from the league about the new Friday night rule. Watch the video with colin campbell on TSN, he clearly states you must PLAY in the game and makes no mention of showing up and signing autographs.

and for crosby to say he's "really" injured and Dats and Lids are "resting" is completely classless no matter what. And I'd say that no matter who would've said that.

so are you calling Lidstrom a liar then? He said he received no phone call from the league about the new Friday night rule. Watch the video with colin campbell on TSN, he clearly states you must PLAY in the game and makes no mention of showing up and signing autographs.

You're taking his words a little too literally, methinks. Anyways, this appears to be as close to a full disclosure as you'll get on this tiresome story.

Guest Shoreline

and for crosby to say he's "really" injured and Dats and Lids are "resting" is completely classless no matter what. And I'd say that no matter who would've said that.

Yes yes, the Crosby outrage about injuries and resting was all before the ASG.

Don't need to call Lidstrom a liar but it was enforced last year too (he was there) so it isn't anyone else's fault if he's not aware of it. It certainly has nothing to do with Crosby getting special treatment. He followed the rules, Lids did not. Isn't exactly a complicated scenario here, contrary to the conspiracy theorists claiming the league is giving Crosby special treatment.

Crosby is back in the lineup tonight. Okay? Not sure why this deserves special news. He's in the lineup tonight, good for him. I'm going to fix myself a glass of wine and move onto the next story before I get falsely accused of being either a Crosby-defender or Crosby-hater.

You're taking his words a little too literally, methinks. Anyways, this appears to be as close to a full disclosure as you'll get on this tiresome story.

The rule had been in place for 11 months, and Holland gets notice of the "loophole" two whole days before his players are required to be there? Sorry, it does not change my opinion on this matter one bit.... this article bumps the time-line by a whole 36 hours.

Shoreline,

When was it enforced last year and for whom?

Edited by egroen

Why are people so pissed off about the suspension of Lidstrom and Dasyuk, people we're okay to see them rest for the week but now are all pissed because they got suspended for one game. Relax guys everyone in this situation is happy, Lidstrom and Dasyuk just got an extra days to rest. You think Holland and anyone else is not happy. They just talking the things they talking because they have to show that they care to the media but in reality there happy about it.

Well, that link from HoH does shed new light on things.

I'll retract my statements regarding the phone call being on Friday. It was obviously on Wednesday (the day they got back from Phoenix, right?)

So Ken could have told the guys when they got back to miss their treatments and go, and they'd have been able to play on Tues. vs CBJ.

I really think he should have given them the option, but I can see as a GM where he would think their medical treatments were more important. That's kind of a black eye for Kenny, who I've been celebrating all day.

The part that stinks is that they weren't told and they got dragged throught the media mud, and even talked down about by some of their fans for missing when they still had no idea they were supposed to go.

And, quite frankly, I still think it's stupid to expect them to show up if they're injured.

I agree with Holland that Wednesday was too short of notice, but I do admit I was wrong about the timeline.

Oh, and Shoreline- the rule was not in place last year. It was decided at the GM meeting after last year's ASG. Somebody (Kelly?) erroniously said that Broduer was suspended, but he played the next game. So that's where that came from.

Guest Shoreline

Wups. Looks like 55fan cleared up the mistake I made.

Why are people so pissed off about the suspension of Lidstrom and Dasyuk, people we're okay to see them rest for the week but now are all pissed because they got suspended for one game. Relax guys everyone in this situation is happy, Lidstrom and Dasyuk just got an extra days to rest. You think Holland and anyone else is not happy. They just talking the things they talking because they have to show that they care to the media but in reality there happy about it.

I agree. I'd be more upset if there was something unfair about this, but there wasn't. If Sidney didn't come as mentioned, he'd have missed the game too. How is there special treatment? Yes, he's a ****** and a Bettman pretty boy, but the up-in-arms attitude displayed by this like it's league favoritism against Lidstrom and Datsyuk, and favoritism to Crosby, is ridiculous. And indeed, neither Wing looked upset or complained during the interviews. Let it be.

Edited by Shoreline

Wrong.

Ok. Last time.

My comments weren't about the suspensions. My thread was intended to point out that Crosby stated in the ASG interview that his injury was "real" and that others simply wanted "rest". How bad of a state was his injury that he is able to bounce back in 3 days time? Why go out and intentionally make your injury try to seem more important or critical than the Wings players?

I know that he was eligible to play since he was already injured before the ASG and he also showed up for the entire weekends festivities, regardless of the circumstances.

Nowhere have I read that everyone knew he was 100% intended to play in the first game back. If there's an article published before the ASG weekend that says he was expected to play in the first game back, please provide a link and my question will be answered and I'll have what I'm looking for. That's all.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=264892&amp...s=topStory_main

I guess when he said he was sitting out because his injury was "real" and others just needed "rest" it must have been a pretty serious injury eh? Guess a miracle happened in the 3 days since the ASG!

Apologies if this is old and has been covered already.

YEAH! ANOTHER CROSBY BASHING THREAD! I swear you can set your watch to this s***. Just like clockwork.