• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Why Shots on Goal Don't Always Tell the Story

Rate this topic

Edmonton actually outshot Buffalo last night in their 10-2 defeat.

Anecdotal evidence. Still a pretty good correlation between high-shooting teams and teams high in the standings. No accident that the three highest-shooting teams are Detroit, San Jose, and Washington.

Shots on goal are never correct.

Was at the game in Anaheim on January 14th. My wife and I were watching when a shot would occur and then we would check the clock. They missed many shots on net or counted shots that did were not. It was really pathetic to see something like at occur in the NHL. I mean these guys get paid to count shots! lol

In fairness it is a fast game and easy to miss the shots when the happen but these buys were just horrible. I have a habbit of checking the shots on goal to see how close it is and track how accurate the counting and it was one of the worst I have seen that night.

At one point in the game the shots on goal were 10 - 3 for Detroit. Then a couple of mins later they were 15 - 14 for Anaheim. We were counting the whole time and it should have been more like 18 - 9 for Detroit or somewhere in that range.