• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Wings Call Up Leino & Downey

Rate this topic

No kidding, eh!? I realize that, that isn't my point... Read my previous posts about Downey. My argument all along is that he has been more deserving and necessary of an NHL roster spot that Maltby or Kopecky anyday. I realize due to cap limitations it took an injury.

Don't talk to me like I'm a novice.

Nope, just trying to correct your mistakes.

Guest E_S_A_D
Go ahead dig away, find a thread or a post where I said he would never get called up, and where my explanation for it wasn't cap based.

Have fun digging, I was the biggest anti-Downey on this board for a while, that has changed. My opinion of his value had nothing to do with why he wasn't being called up. IT WAS CAP BASED.

So please do find where I said Downey would never make the roster, because I was anti Downey!

You ask and you shall receive sir.

Here's what you said JUST 10 DAYS AGO, on these very forums regarding the need for a Downey call up.

Thread killer, unfortunately this should have been but wasn't the end of the thread.

E.S.A.D

Honest question and if you don't like it you can tell me to go to hell I don't care, but seriously...

Are you ever on here posting and starting new threads after a win???

This is almost as predictable a thread as when some one brings up best defensive forward on the team and Eva saying Z because of all of the PK time makes him more valuable.

I can almost set my watch by both of these phenomenon.

The wings need a Drake, not a Downey or Boogaard[/b]. Would I like to see Boogaard punch some one in the face sure, but do I think it will help the team win no!

But lets also not forget that the wings couldn't call up you or I for free right now. So all of this clambering for a new fourth line is moot.

Meech in or out is about all of the change you are going to see.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...55194&st=60

There you go, I can officially read your posts with a grain of salt... You know little.

Guest E_S_A_D
I'm with you guys!!! :beerbuddy: :w00t2: :punch:

Same here! I knew there were some great posters hiding out! :siren:

You ask and you shall receive sir.

Here's what you said JUST 10 DAYS AGO, on these very forums regarding the need for a Downey call up.

There you go, I can officially read your posts with a grain of salt... You know little.

Your reading comprehension could use some help.

The first part you bolded and enlarged is true, in my opinion, the Wings need a Drake not Downey, having said that again, how does that equate to me saying Downey would never get called up.

The second part you forgot to read the sentence before which states:

But lets also not forget that the wings couldn't call up you or I for free right now. So all of this clambering for a new fourth line is moot.

However things have changed, what has changed is cap space, created by LTIR of Stuart. WHAT IS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND!?????!?!?!?!?

Therefore more than Meech in or out can now happen, due to MORE CAP SPACE!!

You ask Heaton not to post towards you like a novice, yet you post like one.

If you understand the cap space issue why even post about Holland being a sleep by not calling him up.

YOU think he has more value than Kopecky and Maltby (I agree somewhat, not as wholeheartedly as you) but Holland and Co do not. SO therefore, until cap space became free (Stuart LTIR) the only change you would see is Meech in or Meech Out.

My statement still stands, but because change has been made the point is no longer moot.

Guest E_S_A_D
im excited to see leino come up! i haven't seen him play yet...downey, im excited to have back...we need the fighter.

I've made the trek over to Grand Rapids several times this year. Leino hasn't impressed me, but he's a smooth skater with good moves. I think he lacked motivation in AAA and realized a callup would take more than pretty skating. He's improved greatly in recent weeks.

Guest E_S_A_D
Heh... if only Holland had listened to E_S_A_D and played Downey all season long, the Wings would not be toiling with such an awful record. :crazy:

Brilliant.

Leino will be fun to see how he does. Mainly speaking though, Downey- this is the missing ingredient. It really is...

Kenny Holland... finally wakes up. Maybe it took the Zetterberg stress relief of signing to get him out of his glass box.

And the one hit wonder returns . . . :w00t2:

Yeah what an idiot that Holland is . . . I can't believe that guy he just doesn't get how to run a franchise . . . I can't believe the Wings haven't fired the bum and given you the job :wacko: - you have a much more impressive resume and list of accomplishments - I mean you have gone to the Joe and watched tons of games what has that Holland guy done? :rolleyes:

Guest E_S_A_D
Your reading comprehension could use some help.

The first part you bolded and enlarged is true, in my opinion, the Wings need a Drake not Downey, having said that again, how does that equate to me saying Downey would never get called up.

The second part you forgot to read the sentence before which states:

However things have changed, what has changed is cap space, created by LTIR of Stuart. WHAT IS SO HARD TO COMPREHEND!?????!?!?!?!?

Therefore more than Meech in or out can now happen, due to MORE CAP SPACE!!

You ask Heaton not to post towards you like a novice, yet you post like one.

If you understand the cap space issue why even post about Holland being a sleep by not calling him up.

YOU think he has more value than Kopecky and Maltby (I agree somewhat, not as wholeheartedly as you) but Holland and Co do not. SO therefore, until cap space became free (Stuart LTIR) the only change you would see is Meech in or Meech Out.

My statement still stands, but because change has been made the point is no longer moot.

009313_graceful_chameleon.jpg

Thats ******* awesome. The Wings NEED to see what Leino has to offer in a real NHL game or two if they want to know where he fits into the scheme of things next year.

And I never thought I'd be so excited to see Downey potentially get a game or two here. I can't remember a more listless year from the Wings in terms of fighting, hitting, and overall physicality.

Quoted for truth!

I'm pumped to see Leino play tonight! I hope he scores at least one goal :)

Guest E_S_A_D
Quoted for truth!

I'm pumped to see Leino play tonight! I hope he scores at least one goal :)

Leino isn't playing tonight. Downey's in, Leino Saturday.

Guest E_S_A_D
And the one hit wonder returns . . . :w00t2:

Yeah what an idiot that Holland is . . . I can't believe that guy he just doesn't get how to run a franchise . . . I can't believe the Wings haven't fired the bum and given you the job :wacko: - you have a much more impressive resume and list of accomplishments - I mean you have gone to the Joe and watched tons of games what has that Holland guy done? :rolleyes:

You are correct.

I know, I know, this is the worst day of the year for you... I am proven right that Downey needed to be called up and your pointless arguments against them have just been proven wrong in one call up. Congrats Opie.

How are you proved right? . . . They bring a guy up for a few games because there is a LTI to a regular player and when he is healed and the LTIR time is up he's back down. You find anything to act as if you are right - like last time you started a thread saying the Sharks organization and ESPN credited their winning to Shelley - - - only it turns out some guy who has no affiliation with anyone was just blogging his opinion in his spare time :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: BUT YOU USED THAT TO SAY YOU WERE PROVED RIGHT THEN AS WELL. What a joke, I like Downey, he works hard, has a good attitude, and is willing to drop the gloves which is always great but you are by no means proved right - he is up because of injury not because they thought we had to have an enforcer, he is just a nice luxury for a while.

The only reason that Downey needed to be called up is there was an injury to one of our players not because we had to have him in the line-up so we sent someone else packing - he is a fill-in but yeah pat yourself on the back you were proved right that when a player goes down with a long term injury we have to call someone up. . . Sheer brilliance. :rolleyes:

The whole point of these boards is to voice your opinion on the Red Wings and I'm sure 75% of the people here feel at times that they could run the Wings organization better than Ken Holland. Up until last year when the "Fire Holland" threads were a daily occurance that number was probably at over 90%. Lets not get on each other for opinions and remember we were all celebrating in June.

Edited by UP2HERE

Guest E_S_A_D
How are you proved right? . . . They bring a guy up for a few games because there is a LTI to a regular player and when he is healed and the LTIR time is up he's back down. You find anything to act as if you are right - like last time you started a thread saying the Sharks organization and ESPN credited their winning to Shelley - - - only it turns out some guy who has no affiliation with anyone was just blogging his opinion in his spare time :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: BUT YOU USED THAT TO SAY YOU WERE PROVED RIGHT THEN AS WELL. What a joke, I like Downey, he works hard, has a good attitude, and is willing to drop the gloves which is always great but you are by no means proved right - he is up because of injury not because they thought we had to have an enforcer, he is just a nice luxury for a while.

The only reason that Downey needed to be called up is there was an injury to one of our players not because we had to have him in the line-up so we sent someone else packing - he is a fill-in but yeah pat yourself on the back you were proved right that when a player goes down with a long term injury we have to call someone up. . . Sheer brilliance. :rolleyes:

Feel better? :thumbup:

No kidding, eh!? I realize that, that isn't my point... Read my previous posts about Downey. My argument all along is that he has been more deserving and necessary of an NHL roster spot that Maltby or Kopecky anyday. I realize due to cap limitations it took an injury.

Don't talk to me like I'm a novice.

Why not you talk to everyone else like they are (even Kenny Holland) unless they agree with everything you say.

The whole point of these boards is to voice your opinion on the Red Wings and I'm sure 75% of the people here feel at times that they could run the Wings organization better than Ken Holland. Up until last year when the "Fire Holland" threads were a daily occurance that number was probably at over 90%. Lets not get on each other for opinions and remember we were all celebrating in June.

Here Here!

esteef

Guest E_S_A_D

:thumbup:

You're speaking way too rationally... Freedom to voice our opinion, here!? My goodness, how shameful!

Thank you for the respectable and intelligent post.

:thumbup:

You're speaking way too rationally... Freedom to voice our opinion, here!? My goodness, how shameful!

Thank you for the respectable and intelligent post.

Again only posters that agree with you are respectable and intelligent. You tell other people not to treat you like a novice then never response to any substantive post that disagrees with you, never own up to that fallacy of a thread you started about Shelley, don't dispute what people who disagree with you say but rather only say that they are not respectable or intelligent posters, are chameleons and you know more because you have been to the Joe more often and have been watching hockey since the 80's.