• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Wings Call Up Leino & Downey

Rate this topic

Glad to finally see what Leino can do with a chance in the big game. Woulda liked to see Ericsson as well, but he's injured. Don't expect much to come out of Downey tonight, Ott's a frigging coward and won't drop the mitts with an enforcer. Hopefully Downey makes me eat some crow and does something useful, like pot a goal or something.

they should have done this on Day 1 of the season

They should have played without Stuart in favor of Downey and a rookie all season? :scared:

No this is a good move to keep things rolling with Stuart out, I would not want this roster for the rest of the season, I would much prefer Stuart back come playoff time.

Its easy, Holland. You tell Kopecky that hes useless, and make him sit. Then you can put in BOTH Downey and Leino. Problem solved.
110% Agreed! I was thinking the exact same thing. But anyways nice to see them both get to play at least one game. it is also interesting to see how Leino handles the pressure. Because he must be feeling tons of pressure, knowing he won't get too many chances to show what his got. Kind a "make it or rot in reserves situation".

I've made the trek over to Grand Rapids several times this year. Leino hasn't impressed me, but he's a smooth skater with good moves. I think he lacked motivation in AAA and realized a callup would take more than pretty skating. He's improved greatly in recent weeks.

I agree with ESAD, I've been to GR a couple of times to watch the Griffins and Leino definitely has not dominated any games that I have seen. Could be because all the games I went to were on Fridays and I was loaded up on $1 beer. Wish him all the best though in the next couple of starts he gets at the real level.

Also, I'm up at school but anyone who is going to the game make sure to give Downey a big ovation, he deserves it after sticking with the team after he knew that GR would be a role (I know I know he cleared waivers). There is no difference between his sacrifice and Z with his new contract, if anything Downey has sacrificed much more and is fully dedicated to the Wings.

Guest E_S_A_D
I agree with ESAD, I've been to GR a couple of times to watch the Griffins and Leino definitely has not dominated any games that I have seen. Could be because all the games I went to were on Fridays and I was loaded up on $1 beer. Wish him all the best though in the next couple of starts he gets at the real level.

Also, I'm up at school but anyone who is going to the game make sure to give Downey a big ovation, he deserves it after sticking with the team after he knew that GR would be a role (I know I know he cleared waivers). There is no difference between his sacrifice and Z with his new contract, if anything Downey has sacrificed much more and is fully dedicated to the Wings.

Yes, buying lower level tickets as we speak for next Saturday at the Joe. Hopefully Downey's still up then. I talked to Downey down in AAA before a game recently and he was nothing but his usual positive self. Ready to 'enforce' and stick up for the stars when he was called upon. He may only play 2 minutes tonight tops, but watch him on the ice... he'll be out hustling both teams.

Guest E_S_A_D
Pretty sad comeback! thats what happens when your dead wrong.

It would be "that's" and "you're" in this situation, thought I'd help you out as you criticized me.

I love this place... Seriously- it's easy to 'standout'.

I've come to this realization of the three types of posters on this board:

A) Knowledgeable, quality, yet infrequent poster that doesn't really get involved in these discussions. They know what hockey represents; therefore, know the foundation of what makes the NHL click.

B) The Euro based fans, post 1997 Stanley Cup Champion Bandwagon fan, and/ or the fan that appreciates the skill and finesse . A quality hockey game is 6-5, final score, and if you're lucky it ended in a 'shootout'.

C) The Canadian based fan; respects pre-1990s NHL hockey and realizes it still has a fundamental part of our game. This fan can also be grouped with fan A.

No fan from the above 3 is better than the other. That's the beauty of sports, we're all Red Wings fans. I am sad when they lose a game (briefly albeit); yet jubilant when they win a hard fought game.

What I do not understand, nor respect is the personal attacks based on opinion. OF COURSE I favor the posters that share my opinion; it's much like leadership compared to management. Surround yourselves with a like army and you will succeed in your message. However, do I think people that disagree with me are wrong? Fundamentally yes, but that's the beauty of the word OPINION.

Edited by E_S_A_D

Guest E_S_A_D

We must also keep in mind that forums, since lacking the element of physiognomy, often tend to lose their sense of fortitude. In other words, we're not face to face; therefore, it is easy to treat one and other rudely without respect.

I challenge you to find a post where I swear at a poster, call them an offensive name, or go above and beyond something you would not want to hear in person.

It would be "that's" and "you're" in this situation, thought I'd help you out as you criticized me.

I love this place... Seriously- it's easy to 'standout'.

I've come to this realization of the three types of posters on this board:

A) Knowledgeable, quality, yet infrequent poster that doesn't really get involved in these discussions. They know what hockey represents; therefore, know the foundation of what makes the NHL click.

B) The Euro based fans, post 1997 Stanley Cup Champion Bandwagon fan, and/ or the fan that appreciates the skill and finesse . A quality hockey game is 6-5, final score, and if you're lucky it ended in a 'shootout'.

C) The Canadian based fan; respects pre-1990s NHL hockey and realizes it still has a fundamental part of our game. This fan can also be grouped with fan A.

No fan from the above 3 is better than the other. That's the beauty of sports, we're all Red Wings fans. I am sad when they lose a game (briefly albeit); yet jubilant when they win a hard fought game.

What I do not understand, nor respect is the personal attacks based on opinion. OF COURSE I favor the posters that share my opinion; it's much like leadership compared to management. Surround yourselves with a like army and you will succeed in your message. However, do I think people that disagree with me are wrong? Fundamentally yes, but that's the beauty of the word OPINION.

Yup! I made some errors (s*** that never happens :blush: ). By the way, I didn't criticise you, it's MY OPINION. You know "the beauty of the word OPINION."

Well, I'm sure the Barnes Bros. -- or whatever passes for them these days -- are ecstatic. It's been plenty long enough since I've seen a good fight, I'm sure Downey will stand and deliver. And there's certainly to be said about change just for the sake of change, even on a such a successful team.

My main concern is that Stuart's absence will continue to put Meech and Lebda out there for longer than they can handle.

Personally, I want Downey to not only kick the crap out of Ott - but go after Ribiero(sp?) while he's at it. Something about that little weasel just gets to me. Maybe it's because he always tries to kill somebody on our team whenever he's out there. <_<