• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

O'Halloran's Work

Rate this topic

Someone should actually try making a legit change to his wikipedia article, at the very least including his near death experience in Detroit. Articles have been written about it so references wouldn't be that difficult. Afterwards a few notations about his vendetta towards Holmstrom could also be worked in using boxscores and recaps. As long as its kept fairly objective, a point could be proven without being undone.

I actually painted this pricks house 3 years ago, before he really started hating on the wings. He was a somewhat decent guy at the time. If only i knew then what i know now. he was all excited when he found out i was a huge hockey fan and rushed off to give me a signed pic of himself......not that i asked. that pic has since been ripped, burned, and urinated on. lucky for us hes has a ***** for a wife and his son has absoulutly no respect for him....i could be wrong about this but when i see a teenager cuss out his dad in front of 3 grown men,welllllll. maybe thats why hes such a ***** on the ice, because he obviously gets no respect at home. oh and by the way, they have Maple Leafs crap all over their house, even though he lives in Novi.

From that Wiki page:

O'Halloran is a complete blowhard that has his panties all in a knot, just because he got his ass capped in the D. How that has anything to do with the Red Wings, nobody knows. Dan shares a desk with Gary Buttman, under which Sidney Crosby kneels and gives them instructions while gobbling sausage.

:rotflmao:

Edited by miller76

O'Halloran is SO motivated to prove that he isn't biased toward the Red Wings that he makes all his calls to MAKE SURE that no one can say that he gives the Red Wings calls just because he is from Brighton.

Speaking for the town of Brighton... We no longer claim him, give him to Howell!

Thanks for the wiki link out of the history it made me feel a lot better!

To whom it may concern:

As a lifelong Red Wings fan, I take hockey and the welfare of the team very seriously. In doing so, I can't help but raise my eyebrows at the actions of Dan O'Halloran as of late. I am not sending this comment to say that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee, but simply to ask how the NHL Officials Association can allow such biased attitudes in officiating against the Detroit Red Wings.

Naturally, I am specifically talking about Tomas Holmstrom and the calls made against him by Mr. O'Halloran. I believe I'm not speaking out of my team allegiance when I say that his calls against Holmstrom are unwarranted. I've even spoken with many fans of other teams - who hold no allegiance with the Detroit Red Wings - who feel that something just isn't right with the attitude of Mr. O'Halloran and Holmstrom.

I will not pretend to understand why Dan O'Halloran is assigned to referee Detroit Red Wings games time and time again, but I strongly suggest this issue be looked into for the sake of the NHL's fan base.

Again, I am not saying that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee. I am simply asking that the issue of his calls on Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom be looked into and reviewed if possible. If there is, in fact, bias in his calls - which many feel that there seems to be - I believe, as a fan, that this matter should be dealt with accordingly.

Sincerely,

Amanda [Last].

Somebody gets the difference between bias and a conspiracy! :thumbup:

Somebody gets the difference between bias and a conspiracy! :thumbup:

Here's how I see it. Either:

A) He has a vendetta/bias against the city of Detroit, the Red Wings, Tomas Holmstrom, or a combination of all three and is using his power as an official to punish them.

or...

B) He does not understand the rules, goaltender interference in particular, by which he is supposed to be calling games.

Regardless of which one it is, he has no business being on the ice.

Funny ref moment: If you have the Avs/Wings game from 15 Feb. on DVR, 5:52 into the second period (14:08 left), O'Halloran calls a high stick penalty on Foote. As Foote skates by, O'Halloran exaggerates the call and makes one goofy face at Foote. Well worth looking at. If anyone can post the clip it would be worth sharing. We replayed it over 20 times. Very funny.

Hooray for no phantom interference calls today! :beerbuddy:

Hey, it's a start at least. :P

We're lucky that O'Rourke showed up to talk to Toronto on the phone otherwise O'Halloran would have conveniently misheard the instructions and ruled Cleary's a no-goal.

I kid, but in all seriousness, I'm glad there were no shenanigans today.

We're lucky that O'Rourke showed up to talk to Toronto on the phone otherwise O'Halloran would have conveniently misheard the instructions and ruled Cleary's a no-goal.

I kid, but in all seriousness, I'm glad there were no shenanigans today.

He did officiate a fairly good game. He did miss a few trips on Dats and the highstick on Helm. All in all, one of his better officiated Wings game I can remember.