• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#121 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

I'm not even concerned that they scored on us right after. WHAT A GOAL BY LEINO.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#122 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

QUOTE (Wingsallwin @ January 31, 2009 - 01:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it was an interesting period to watch. Leino is awesome, he should stay here Detroit. But I don't think our defenses are bad. It is not a typical Wings defenses. It is a typical situation when Kronwall is on the ice though

First Osgood and now Kronwall...so when are you going to turn on Datsyuk or Zetts? rolleyes.gif
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#123 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

If that goal doesn't make the highlights tonight something is definitely wrong. The only word I can think of for that was "Wow".

And now Pasha is 17 points away from 500 career points. Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.
Posted Image

#124 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

Krownwall needs to pull his head out of his ass and start playing some damn hockey. I question Babcock for putting the fourth line out right after a goal because the Wings have been slow after scoring goals and we do not need our crap line out there that can't do anything but fill up space. Leino...wow. This kid needs a roster spot and now.

Edited by Mike, 31 January 2009 - 01:26 PM.

Sig by TeeMan

#125 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ January 31, 2009 - 01:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that goal doesn't make the highlights tonight something is definitely wrong. The only word I can think of for that was "Wow".

And now Pasha is 17 points away from 500 career points. Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.

He's just hitting his stride in the NHL, too. 1,000+ for a career. Book it, done.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#126 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

I really had a special feeling about this kid when I watched him in the pre-season. I was disheartened to see he didn't make the team. Now, he's showing Why he deserves to be there and why others (cough cough Kopecky cough cough) don't.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 31 January 2009 - 01:18 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#127 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

QUOTE (mindfly @ January 31, 2009 - 01:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kronwall is disgraceful, what the f*** is wrong with him.... BRUTAL.

There's just an incredible difference when he's with Stuart.

#128 Mike

Mike

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

QUOTE (russianswede919293 @ January 31, 2009 - 01:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leino has looked good every shift, and that goal was amazing.

Also Abdelkader looks very good out there.

I am very impressed with both so far. Leino should get what he wants, a roster spot and Abdelkader has one in two years or so if he continues to play like this, maybe earlier.

Sig by TeeMan

#129 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Great goal by Leino but we need to do better defensively!!!! We need this game!
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#130 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

The Caps did deserve a goal that period it just sucks they got one right at the end of the period right after us. The Caps did take the play to us for the first 10 minutes but we are starting to take over and i think we will continue to throughout the rest of the game. That Caps goal just took a bad deflection, no worries.

WHAT A GOAL BY LEINO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#131 Hocketownwest

Hocketownwest

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

4th line out after a goal......bravo blink.gif

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports. On September 25, 1926........--Dr. Perry Cox "My Chopped Liver" Scrubs

#132 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

QUOTE (aflac9262 @ January 31, 2009 - 01:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it hard to believe Kopecky has a spot over Leino in the lineup really.

I don't. Kope can't be sent up and down, Leino can. Pretty simple logic to me. Greater flexibility.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#133 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Thoughts on the 1st

* Actually quite like the Caps commentary crew. They're not complete Homers and they've clearly boned up on the wings (good and bad) and are throwing lots of praise their way

* Nice to see Abdelkader throwing a few hits

* Leino! Although I gotta say, I think he actually lost the puck for a second

* Conklin was excellent
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#134 Wingsallwin

Wingsallwin

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

QUOTE (BuckeyeWingsfan80 @ January 31, 2009 - 10:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First Osgood and now Kronwall...so when are you going to turn on Datsyuk or Zetts? rolleyes.gif

Fact, Osgood and Kronwall have been not on the level we expected. When Datsyuk was pretty bad in the beginning of the season, I never blamed Datsyuk. Honestly, I like both Osgood and Kronwall but they have been pretty bad so far this season.
My MSN: kim.kang@hotmail.com

Go Wings Go!

#135 Anomalously

Anomalously

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

VILLE LEINO:

-- Anom (#24)

#136 Mike

Mike

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Anyone thinking that the Wings should bring Ericsson up and sit Kronwall until he re-learns defense?

Sig by TeeMan

#137 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Anomalously @ January 31, 2009 - 01:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VILLE LEINO:

Haha, the power of the internet, not even ten minutes later.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#138 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ January 31, 2009 - 01:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I question Babcock for putting the fourth line out right after a goal because the Wings have been slow after scoring goals and we do not need our crap line out there taht can't do anything but fill up space.

Not only our worst overall line, offensively and defensively, but probably the worst defensive pairing of Meech-Kronwall. The very second they got the puck into our zone it was a mad scramble until there was either a whistle or a goal. Draper and Maltby are absolutely incapable of retrieving the puck outside of dumb luck against another teams' big/skilled forwards.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#139 Anomalously

Anomalously

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ January 31, 2009 - 02:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone thinking that the Wings should bring Ericsson up and sit Kronwall until he re-learns defense?

Ericsson just came back from injury. Why would we want him rehabbing his injury while trying to adjust to the NHL pace? He might not even be 100%.

-- Anom (#24)

#140 Anomalously

Anomalously

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ January 31, 2009 - 02:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, the power of the internet, not even ten minutes later.

Would have been faster, but I had to wait until the period ended.

-- Anom (#24)