• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsallwin

I am feeling scary now?

Rate this topic

After October and Novermber last year, I thought we would bounce back to our Red Wings games because we have talents and we are the champions even though our defenses were terrible in both October and Novermber with goalies.

But now, 50 games have been paseed so far and the defects of the Wings still do not look to be fixed in the short time. Before the season started, I was highly pumped because we got Hossa and won the cup and thought we will be able to do again. However, so far this season, as I have watched the Red Wings games for around 6 years, it is the least favorable and scary season that I ever watched.

I think now is a time to take each game a bit more seriously than before. 30 games are left and by the calendar, two months and few days are left. We know January is over. We were great in the beginning of the Jan to the middle of Jan. But last 5 games, not only the losing streak, but we look lost and those games looked like games in October and Novermber. I know we were exhausted because of chain road games but nothing really has looked to be fixed.

I agree with that no one can predict the result of playoff. However, if we go to the playoff with this team right now, no matter what top seeds we clinch on, we will have a really hard time to go really far in the playoff.

We know offenses are good but not perfect. I am saying our 1,2,3lines are good but our 4th line is brutal this season and now is probably the time that Babcock really needs to change the 4th line. We all saw Leino and Abdelkader can bring up good impacts on this 4th line and replace Draper and Kopecky. Besides, I think we also need Downey as well.

I have loved our defenses every season but this season, we have allowed too many goals. Previous seasons, we were the top 5 team in the league that allowed the fewest goals every season and our offenses were also top team. However, when the team tries to win the cup, defenses are far more important than offenses as baseball team wins the WS by good pitchers first, not batters first.

Goalies, I am not blaming Osgood anymore. I heard from people here and we lost by team and thanks for those people who reminded me. But, the decision time will have to be soon. We know Osgood has a lot of playoff experience, which led us to win the cup last season but this season, Conklin has been better than Osgood and he was enough today. I don't say Conklin was great today against the Caps but except for the 3rd goal, he never allowed any soft goals. I don't know his stats right now but sv percentage was .914 and it is good.

But more of these team problems, I think the biggest problem is a lack of motivation. Last year, we had not won the cup since 2002, and our players played really hard every game and some players tried to show their best. This season, however, I don't say any particular player is playing bad but every player looks very inconsistent except for Datsyuk.

If we play without our best effort still in Febraury, I think that will be very afraid.

Edited by Wingsallwin

Im not scared at all. The Wings are the most experienced team in the league. Experience is a huge key when it comes to clutch playoff games. Regardless of what happens during the regular season i think we are in for the same old Red Wings we know and love come playoff time!

Edited by Spezi2cj