• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlegend

"I forgot he was a Red Wing!"

Rate this topic

Every now and then when poring over recent rosters, even for the Cup-winning teams, I look at the team and think "Oh yeah, that guy played for the Red Wings." It's either legitimate NHL regulars or guys the Wings have given a second chance.

1997 we had Dmitri Mironov. I'm totally spacing out on him when I think of that team. Just looking today in 1999, we apparently gave Petr Klima and Doug Houda another look. I completely missed that at the time.

I could go on... Any others come to mind?

Every now and then when poring over recent rosters, even for the Cup-winning teams, I look at the team and think "Oh yeah, that guy played for the Red Wings." It's either legitimate NHL regulars or guys the Wings have given a second chance.

1997 we had Dmitri Mironov. I'm totally spacing out on him when I think of that team. Just looking today in 1999, we apparently gave Petr Klima and Doug Houda another look. I completely missed that at the time.

yeah....Robert Freakin' Lang!

Wes Walz apparently played a couple of games for the Wings. I did not know this.

I also always think it's strange to think of Ulf Samuelsson and Wendel Clark in Wings jerseys, even though I remember it pretty clearly.

It's kind of hard to forget anyone who was on a cup-winning roster. Even if they are Uwe Krupp.

Anyone remember when Wendel Clark was a red wing? It was only for a couple of months though in 1999 I believe.

Krupp was on the team in `02 but did not qualify to get his name on the Cup. He did score that Stanley Cup game-winning goal with the avs in `96 <_<

Bill Ranford?

Ken Wregget?

Ranford I actually remember because he was in the playoffs thanks to some injuries/ ineffectiveness (2000?).

Wregget I always miss when I think about our backup goaltenders... He was no Norm Maracle, though.

Looking through an old box of stuff a few years ago, I read an old Hockey Digest article about the Wings in the late 80s mentioning a goaltender named Sam St. Laurent. I forgot any goaltender from about 1983-90 not named Mio, Stefan or Cheveldae.