• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlegend

"I forgot he was a Red Wing!"

Rate this topic

Adam Graves, Adam Oates, Marc Potvin, Randy McKay, Jamie Macoun, Harold Snepts, Dino Ciccerelli, Yves Racine, Tim Cheveldae, Frederik Oulasson, Johan Garpenlov, Paul Ysebaret, Ray Sheppard, Steve Duchesne, Jimmy Carson, Steve Chaisson, Dave Barr, Brad Mcrimmon, Keith Primeau, & Boby Dollas.

You beat me to it... RIP Chiasson :(

WHAT?!?! You're telling me I had a chance to get a Red Wings jersey with my name on it and I totally missed it??? When did Wendel play in Detroit, also what about Walz?

hahaha i guess that means that I have a jersey with you name on it #71 Clark... Yeah that was fun, i can't remember the year(s) he was here... they all blend together now lol

I can never forget about #4 Jamie Rivers!!!! yell yeah have his jersey too!

but long live Petr Ing!

The names that I was thinking about as i waas reading along the list of rareities slowly got covered so i cheated and looked up our 1st round draft choices and listed a few that poped

1969: Jim Rutherford (10th overall) ( Carlolinas GM)

1971: Marcel Dionne (2nd overall)

1979: Mike Foligno (3rd overall)

1988: Kory Kocur (17th overall) not to b confused with Joey Kocur

1996: Jesse Wallin (26th overall)

and well he never played but he was my fav coach: Jacques Demers ( throw some change on the ice Jaques) lol anyone remember this?

I bet nobody remembers this one...

Randy Burridge in 1999, he was a training camp tryout but never got a chance and retired.

http://www.sabreslegends.com/burridge_r_bio.html

Edit: Also Brian Glynn although he never played a game for us.

Edit 2:Patrick Boileau

Edited by redwings1914

Edit: Also Brian Glynn although he never played a game for us.

IIRC, we got him in the trade better known for Brendan Shanahan. Primeau and Coffey, of course, went to the Whalers.

Edit: I looked up this trade, and I guess the Whalers also got a draft pick, which ended up being Nikos Tselios, Cheli's cousin.

As long as we're going with some old guys, I'll drop Fred Glover, just because he's a minor league legend, most notably with my hometown Cleveland Barons--the all-time AHL scoring leader at the time he retired. 61 regular season and 8 playoff games with the Wings from 1948-1952, although I read somewhere once that he was pretty resentful towards Jack Adams for not getting what he saw as a fair shot.

Edited by C-TownWing

...all good lists!

...without looking up rosters, here are some I DO remember, see if you do too!

...Alain Chevrier

Chevrier was a backup to Tim Cheveldae for a bit. I remember them being called Team Chevy.

hahaha i guess that means that I have a jersey with you name on it #71 Clark... Yeah that was fun, i can't remember the year(s) he was here... they all blend together now lol

I can never forget about #4 Jamie Rivers!!!! yell yeah have his jersey too!

but long live Petr Ing!

Does anyone know of any places that will sell old Red Wings jerseys? I would seriously love to get a Clark jersey. I know there are a lot of knock off places where you can put your own lettering on a jersey but it would be cool to get the real deal.

Ulf was one of my favorite players when he was on Pittsburgh. I thought it was awsome when we picked him up. I rushed out and had a jersey made.

Total bust. He only played 13 games here.

I was so pissed.

Gotta give props to these guys:

Duchesne, Olausson, Slegr.

For soem reason, I always liked these guys and always forget about them. Not that they were great players necessarily, but for some reason, I got a little attached to them.

EDIT: Holy cow! Jason Wooley, there's someone I've forgotten totally about.

Does anyone remember the night Duchesne got into a fight with Adam Deadmarsh in front of the Wings bench? One punch from Deadmarsh and Duchesne lost about half of his teeth lol. Props, though, to Steve.