• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mjlegend

"I forgot he was a Red Wing!"

Rate this topic

Mark Mowers- thanks, grsbmd, I was trying to remember him. I could picture him from that now-famous beach photo, but couldn't remember his name.

Anyone want to bet that if we did this thread in a few years we'll be saying Mark Hartigan?

Ok here's one that I just recently read about and had no clue he was a Wing at one time.

Dave "Killer" Hanson... Yep, That Dave Hanson of Slap Shot fame, (he was Jack Hanson #16) was a Red Wing and played in 11 games for Detroit amassing 0 goals, 0 assists, for 0 points and 26 Penalty minutes for the 1978-1979 season.

Dave "Killer" Carlson (Carlson was the real last name of the 3 brothers that the characters were based off of) was based off of Dave "Killer" Hanson.

Anyhow, I highly recommend his book Slap Shot Original which you can have personalized if you buy it from his website. The book is an autobiography and It kept me entertained while reading it and I don't know how many times I said, "Hey, that was in the movie!"

Here's a tv news spot featuring Dave.

- EDIT: Oops! Saw that someone already posted Dave.. Oh well.. Use this as a plug for Dave and his Book. ;)

Edited by alowicious

FOR SHAME!!!! All those names and Noone added Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman, Terry Sawchuck , Mickey Redmon, heh heh heh heh Just kidding guys......... Only Kidding

Anyone say Jon Chabot?

or Bob Errey??

Mike Foligno

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Does anyone remember back in the 2003-04 season when we had all kinds of injuries and we had half of Grand Rapids playing up here? Here are some of the names I found from the old boxscores:

Ryan Barnes

Mark Mowers

Kevin Miller

Darryl Bootland

Long-haired Jiri Hudler

Anders Myvold

Ryan Barnes, forever immortalized by RyanBarnes! How could I forget him?

Glenn Hall.

The guy's a HOF goalie, but people always forget that he was once on the roster. They didn't need him though, with Sawchuk on the team.

Along with Ted Lindsay, Hall was another player with the DRW behind the player's attempt to organize the first "association" (aka union) in the NHL. When the attempt was beat down by the owners, all of the reps from the Clubs (except for Doug Harvey in Montreal) were traded. Lindsay and Hall were both traded to Chicago in 1956-57 in the same deal.

off the top of my head.... i forgot about Jimmy Carson till just now.

i remember when i was really little Ron Duguay cards in my collection. Didn't he bounce back and forth twice between Det and NYR just like Kocur?

Dave Barr. and wassisname ummm..... jamie macoun lmao!

Wes Walz apparently played a couple of games for the Wings. I did not know this.

I also always think it's strange to think of Ulf Samuelsson and Wendel Clark in Wings jerseys, even though I remember it pretty clearly.

WHAT?!?! You're telling me I had a chance to get a Red Wings jersey with my name on it and I totally missed it??? When did Wendel play in Detroit, also what about Walz?

It's kind of hard to forget anyone who was on a cup-winning roster. Even if they are Uwe Krupp.

Anyone remember when Wendel Clark was a red wing? It was only for a couple of months though in 1999 I believe.

I must have blocked 99 out of my memory

Bill Ranford?

Ken Wregget?

What?!?!?

When????

How could you forget that disastrous series in 1999? The Wings had Colorado circling the drain, even their media thought it was over and wrote hilarious articles like this, Yzerman was ripping it up, and then it all went horribly wrong.

Hmmmmm, 99 seems like it was a bad year for a Wings fan.

Dan Lacouture?

Really?

Adam Graves, Adam Oates, Marc Potvin, Randy McKay, Jamie Macoun, Harold Snepts, Dino Ciccerelli, Yves Racine, Tim Cheveldae, Frederik Oulasson, Johan Garpenlov, Paul Ysebaret, Ray Sheppard, Steve Duchesne, Jimmy Carson, Steve Chaisson, Dave Barr, Brad Mcrimmon, Keith Primeau, & Boby Dollas.

Ugh, Graves, miss I hadn't known that....... I got McCrimmon's autograph after he retired wearing Red Wings gear not knowing he was a Red Wings player until he told me.... oops! (I told him I remember him being captain of the Flames)

This is a little off topic, but here a few guys that are in the NHL, or were in the NHL (as recent as the 06-07 season), who tried out for the Wings and were cut (and had not played for a NHL team prior):

Brett McLean, Quintin Laing (former pick), Chad Larose, Brian McGrattan, Joel Ward, Raitis Ivanans, Bryan Rodney, and Carsen Germyn.

Wouldn't of minded seeing this guy as a Red Wing

Greg Johnson

Is this the guy from the Preds?

Dennis Hull, Todd Gill, Tom "Hawkeye" Webster, Ken Wregget, Colin Campbell (yes, that one), Dave "Tiger" Williams, Bernie Federko, Ivan Boldirev, Darryl Sittler and the immortal Per Joos.

When and for how long?

Sam St.Laraunt Wore the JASON style goalie mask... Glen Hanlon?

Sheldon Kennedy- Robert (Ro-Bear) Picard , Delorme, Tony McKegny, Brad Marsh (Swampy)

Alan Bester Troy Crowder all i can think of

Oh Brent Fedyk????? and Brent Gilchrist , Bernie Federko

Did Anyone say Boyd Devereux??? cant remember with all the names I was reading to get to this point

Man I loved this guy when I first saw him in Toronto, he was my favorite goalie because I thought his name was cool and he was so short..... definitely don't remember him as a Wing but I was pretty young.

WHAT?!?! You're telling me I had a chance to get a Red Wings jersey with my name on it and I totally missed it??? When did Wendel play in Detroit, also what about Walz?

I must have blocked 99 out of my memory

What?!?!?

When????

Hmmmmm, 99 seems like it was a bad year for a Wings fan.

Really?

Ugh, Graves, miss I hadn't known that....... I got McCrimmon's autograph after he retired wearing Red Wings gear not knowing he was a Red Wings player until he told me.... oops! (I told him I remember him being captain of the Flames)

Wouldn't of minded seeing this guy as a Red Wing

Is this the guy from the Preds?

When and for how long?

Man I loved this guy when I first saw him in Toronto, he was my favorite goalie because I thought his name was cool and he was so short..... definitely don't remember him as a Wing but I was pretty young.

Campbell: 5 regular season & 4 playoff games, 1982-83 through 1984-85. (edit)

Sittler: 61 regular season & 2 playoff games. 1984-85,

Williams: 55 regular season games, 1984-85.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Jeff Sharples, Doug Halward, Darren "Son Of A" Veitch, Greg Adams, John Barrett, John Blum,Chris Cichocki, Troy Crowder, Bernie Federko, Miroslav Frycer, Rick Green, Bob Halkidis, Tim "The Fireman" Higgins, Doug Hoooooooooouuda, Mioslav Ihnacak, Alan Kerr, Kris King, Steve Konroyd, Chris Kotsopoulos, Daryl Laplante, Eddie Mio(Myo), Bob Manno, Tony McKegney, Glenn Merkosky, Corrado Micalef, Don Murdoch, Robert Picard, Torrie Robertson, Jim Schoenfeld, Ric Seiling, Gary Shuchuk, Brad "Motor City Smitty" Smith, Greg Smith, Ted Speers, Ray Staszak, Larry Trader, Bob Wilkie, Jason York, Rogie Vachon, and my alltime favorite- Eric "To NO A" Vail.