• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/2 GDT: Blues 3 at Red Wings 4, (SO)

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Villain and Abdelkadabra are playing tonight?

Yes per Helene St. James blog on the Free Press:

Update from Joe Louis Arena Monday: Henrik Zetterberg won’t play tonight but expects to return Wednesday.

Zetterberg, who has missed the last two games because of back spasms, took part in the morning skate, but said afterwards he wouldn’t play against the Blues.

That means the lineup tonight will stay the same up front, with Ville Leino and Justin Abdelkader staying in for a second straight game.

Tomas Holmstrom, who didn’t skate Monday, is to go for an MRI today on his sore groin. Defenseman Derek Meech has a “tender groin” general manager Ken Holland said, and is day-to-day.

That means Chris Chelios will be back in the lineup tonight. Chris Osgood will start in goal.

There’s also an update on defenseman Brad Stuart, who is dealing with multiple injuries after crashing into the boards Jan. 20 at Phoenix. In addition to ribs breaking through the cartilage, trainer Piet Van Zant said Stuart has a compression fracture on the spine from when two vertebrae hit each other. Stuart is out at least three weeks.

Jeez...talk about midseason injuries.

Yes per Helene St. James blog on the Free Press:

Update from Joe Louis Arena Monday: Henrik Zetterberg won’t play tonight but expects to return Wednesday.

Zetterberg, who has missed the last two games because of back spasms, took part in the morning skate, but said afterwards he wouldn’t play against the Blues.

That means the lineup tonight will stay the same up front, with Ville Leino and Justin Abdelkader staying in for a second straight game.

Tomas Holmstrom, who didn’t skate Monday, is to go for an MRI today on his sore groin. Defenseman Derek Meech has a “tender groin” general manager Ken Holland said, and is day-to-day.

That means Chris Chelios will be back in the lineup tonight. Chris Osgood will start in goal.

There’s also an update on defenseman Brad Stuart, who is dealing with multiple injuries after crashing into the boards Jan. 20 at Phoenix. In addition to ribs breaking through the cartilage, trainer Piet Van Zant said Stuart has a compression fracture on the spine from when two vertebrae hit each other. Stuart is out at least three weeks.

Jeez...talk about midseason injuries.

No kidding. The sucks about Stuart but it could have been and it did look like it was going to be a lot worse.

I sure hope Hank can get back in so I wouldn't have to be so nervous about his long contract/back problems!

Guest E_S_A_D

Monday morning skate

From Chuck Pleiness at the morning skate ...

-- Henrik Zetterberg (back spasms) skated, but won't play tonight. He's hopeful for a Wednesday return to the lineup.

-- Tomas Holmstrom did not skate. He's out tonight and will have an MRI on his groin today.

-- Derek Meech has a tender groin and will not play tonight.

-- Chris Chelios is back in the lineup.

-- Both Ville Leino and Justin Abdelkader are still with the team.

-- Kris Draper is scheduled to play his 1,000th career NHL regular-season game tonight. If you're scoring at home, Kirk Maltby is 12 games away from 1,000.

-- Chris Osgood gets the start in net tonight.

We need a thread to compile variations on the name Abdelkader.

Stoked though I love seeing him play these days, that and I've not seen Leino play yet.

wonder if Osgood or Osbad is going to play tonight- that's gotta be what it is split personality.

Versus. What a sorry excuse for a network.

Agreed. I can't stand Vs., and I don't care if the ratings are higher, hopefully we'll be back on ESPN2 next year.

1. Turn on Versus at game time.

2. Hit 'Mute' on TV Remote

3. Switch receiver to FM radio.

4. Tune in to 97.1 FM

5. Ken Kal play-by-play with TV feed.

6. Profit.

That being said, wings 3-2.

Versus. What a sorry excuse for a network.

Correct.

Versus sucks.

NBC sucks.

CBC is awesome, and of course Mikey and Ken on FSD are the best.

WOW Cable does not have versus in HD, which sucks, but it's mainly the announcing and how they talk about anything BUT the hockey game that is annoying. Versus announcers don't let the viewers know about things like penalties, big hits off camera, etc...

Correct.

Versus sucks.

NBC sucks.

WOW Cable does not have versus in HD, which sucks, but it's mainly the announcing and how they talk about anything BUT the hockey game that is annoying. Versus announcers don't let the viewers know about things like penalties, big hits off camera, etc...

Anyone know who is calling the game tonight?

Agreed. I can't stand Vs., and I don't care if the ratings are higher, hopefully we'll be back on ESPN2 next year.

1. Turn on Versus at game time.

2. Hit 'Mute' on TV Remote

3. Switch receiver to FM radio.

4. Tune in to 97.1 FM

5. Ken Kal play-by-play with TV feed.

6. Profit.

That being said, wings 3-2.

ROFL. Too true.

Correct.

Versus sucks.

NBC sucks.

If you have a hi-def TV, the versus channel will broadcast in HD. You dont need to go to a special HD channel for it.

Wings - 4 (Franzen twice, Datsyuk and Hossa once each. Leino and Filppula with a pair of assists. Osgood with a shutout).

Blues - 0

I'm unable to see this game, because I have to go work :ranting: Praying there is tomorrow a torrent to be found somewhere.

Edited by ArcticWing

WE REALLY NEED TO BOUNCE BACK TONIGHT, COME ON WINGS PUT UP 60 MINUTES OF DRW HOCKEY!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

Guest DetroitBoy313
I'm unable to see this game, because I have to go work ranting.gif Praying there is tomorrow a torrent to be found somewhere.

Ummm.....NHL.COM,not the whole game but at least you get to see all the goals.

I'm going to this game and it will be my first Wings game so i really hope they win.

I'm hoping it will be 4-2 Wings. The friend i'm going with is a Blues fan so that should make for an interesting game :D