• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Fastest Wing?

Rate this topic

Every one seem's to think the kid Helm has some real speed, but who is the fastest player

on the Wings roster? And who would you say is the fastest player in the NHL?

I noticed that Kindl was on the AHL all star fastest lap comp, have we got someone coming up that could rival Lebda as the quickest D man.

Whats your views on who are the real speed demons in the league.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Yeah, Lebda. Great wheels, if only he had other great qualities to match.

Outside of that, the Wings have a lot of guys who are good skaters, good team speed, but no one in particular that I'd rate at the top of his class. Datsyuk is pretty fast, and more importantly can hit top speed quickly to bust through the D on the rush, but he's not up there with Ovechkin or Gaborik or Marleau, for example.

I don't think Lebda is as fast as Hossa. The way he skates makes him look like he is going at light speed, but I find it hard to believe a guy that short can be faster than Hossa - he has some serious wheels.

I don't think Lebda is as fast as Hossa. The way he skates makes him look like he is going at light speed, but I find it hard to believe a guy that short can be faster than Hossa - he has some serious wheels.

I think its Lebda or Draper with Hossa just behind those two. Russ Courtnall was only about 5'10 and that guy was the fastest skater i have ever seen.

Edited by UP2HERE

Red Wing - Lebda and Helm... I have never really looked at Hossa as being all that fast, he kind of moves in the zone with Jagr-esque power and dangles without having to use speed. Maybe he is fast, but there is no evidence that really convinced me he is significantly fast.

NHL - Raymond, Cogliano, Gaborik, Bouwmeester, Marleau, and Lombardi.

Come ON, guys. Drapes is a freakin' rocket.

And honesty, Cleary can be pretty damn fast.

I think Draper has lost a step or two and that's the reason his stats and play have dropped considerably this year. Just my opinion. I'd say Helm, Hossa, and Lebda are the top 3. Not sure what order, though. I haven't seen Kindl much but I hear he can skate quite well.

i honestly have never thought of cleary as fast as all, for as much as he's getting mentioned here. i've never thought of him as SLOW, per se...but just average like hank or sammy or someone.

hossa's speed is undeniable...i'm not sure who would win between him and lebda in a footrace, but hossa obvioulsy has ten times the power.

last year i would have put draper in the running, but not this year.

i think datsyuk has the best acceleration of any wing, but not amazing top speed.

on the other side, i'd say lilja or chelios are our slowest skaters right now...though i feel like hudler is pretty damn slow as well. maybe his acceleration is just crap because of how short he is.

Red Wing - Lebda and Helm... I have never really looked at Hossa as being all that fast, he kind of moves in the zone with Jagr-esque power and dangles without having to use speed. Maybe he is fast, but there is no evidence that really convinced me he is significantly fast.

NHL - Raymond, Cogliano, Gaborik, Bouwmeester, Marleau, and Lombardi.

Thats 2 people who have mentioned Andrew Cogliano yet no one mentions Eric Cole who blew Cogliano away in the Oilers skills competition.

Edit: Heres the link in case no one beleives me.http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Oilers/2...919231-sun.html

Edited by UP2HERE

I'd say Lebda for us, Martin St. Louis overall or maybe Kariya or Fedorov in years past.

Dandenault was a pretty quick d-man as well.

So hard to say though, because a lot of talented players like Days, Lids, Rafalski don't use speed a lot but I think that is their choice, not because they are slow.