• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

I read that Red Bull is thinking of switching from Toyota to Chevy next year. Awesome. I'm all on board with any team or driver that leaves Toyota for someone else. It's part of the reason I like Tony Stewart's new outfit.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#22 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

I don't know if he's just matured now that he's a car owner or what, but I think Stewart is starting to "get it". I think I've only called him a prick a couple times this year and for the most part he's come across as pretty likeable. He even gave Kahne credit for that performance Sunday. Or maybe it's that I've grown to dislike a half-dozen or more guys even more than I dislike Stewart. (You can start with Shrub, Hornish, Kenseth, Biffle, Regan, Hamlin, and Gilliland.)

#23 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (Packer487 @ June 23, 2009 - 01:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if he's just matured now that he's a car owner or what, but I think Stewart is starting to "get it". I think I've only called him a prick a couple times this year and for the most part he's come across as pretty likeable. He even gave Kahne credit for that performance Sunday. Or maybe it's that I've grown to dislike a half-dozen or more guys even more than I dislike Stewart. (You can start with Shrub, Hornish, Kenseth, Biffle, Regan, Hamlin, and Gilliland.)

Curious, what you have against the other six besides Shrub? Most of 'em come off to me as pretty bland, mildly likeable but hard to hate. Especially Kenseth, Biffle, Hamlin, and Ragan. If there's one criticism I have it's that they're too bland, but it's hard to hold that against 'em. Hornish, I can sorta see just because he really seems out of his league in Sprint Cup and should probably go back to IRL. But I pull for him a little bit 'cause I always root for Penske cars.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#24 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Since NASCAR started on TNT I love it. I've been a Kyle Petty fan for over 15 years (He was a stud when I started following him). This is the most I've seen him on TV during a race in probably 10 years!!! Yes he's in the booth now, but still... His final 4-5 years driving you wouldn't even see his car on TV all race unless he wrecked.

#25 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

With Petty in the booth he says "man" wayyyy to much!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#26 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 29, 2009 - 01:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I met Kyle Petty about 10 years ago, and he did the same thing. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet though!

#27 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 29, 2009 - 03:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still better than "boogity boogity boogity". Minus that and Digger, the TNT broadcasts are a breath of fresh air from the Fox ones.
Posted Image

#28 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ June 30, 2009 - 07:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still better than "boogity boogity boogity". Minus that and Digger, the TNT broadcasts are a breath of fresh air from the Fox ones.

That is 110% correct. I can't listen to DW at all. Plus when you add Digger, and "Hollywood Hotel" with 2 idiots it just makes a horrible broadcast.

#29 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ June 30, 2009 - 08:56AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha that was my favorite part to the racing listening to DW say "boogity boogity boogity boys lets go racing!" I would always turn my tv up just for that part.

QUOTE (mannysBETTER3434 @ June 30, 2009 - 10:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is 110% correct. I can't listen to DW at all. Plus when you add Digger, and "Hollywood Hotel" with 2 idiots it just makes a horrible broadcast.

Kind of reminds you of Hockey Central and VS?

#30 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:33 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...cY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#31 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Daytona never disappoints. Helluvan exciting finish. Tony Stewart gets a win - very cool. JPM moves up into 11th place - very very cool. Plus any race in which the #18 car ends up a smoking pile of unrecognizable metal is a success in my book. Shrub actually ought to stop by the Petty garages and thank Kasey Kahne: if the 9 didn't smack him, I don't think he'd actually have finished the race.

Oh, and further proof NASCAR deserves major kudos for driver safety: Logano hit Shrub's drivers' side door at 170 mph - after Shrub's rear wheels were in Kahne's windshield - and no injuries to anyone involved. People will naturally harp on the dangers of plate racing, but if it produces races like that, and wrecks like that, and nobody's hurt, I say someone is doing something right.
Posted Image

#32 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ July 5, 2009 - 01:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daytona never disappoints. Helluvan exciting finish. Tony Stewart gets a win - very cool. JPM moves up into 11th place - very very cool. Plus any race in which the #18 car ends up a smoking pile of unrecognizable metal is a success in my book. Shrub actually ought to stop by the Petty garages and thank Kasey Kahne: if the 9 didn't smack him, I don't think he'd actually have finished the race.

Oh, and further proof NASCAR deserves major kudos for driver safety: Logano hit Shrub's drivers' side door at 170 mph - after Shrub's rear wheels were in Kahne's windshield - and no injuries to anyone involved. People will naturally harp on the dangers of plate racing, but if it produces races like that, and wrecks like that, and nobody's hurt, I say someone is doing something right.

I Love the HATE for the 18...shows how scared everyone is...

Im glad Tony won... Kyle must learn that 2 blocks at Daytona equals WALL

Great race all together.....

#33 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown_Ryan @ July 5, 2009 - 07:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Love the HATE for the 18...shows how scared everyone is...

I hate him 'cause I'm scared of him doing well? Dumbest thing I ever heard. rotflmao.gif

I don't hate him because he's good. I hate him because he's a spoiled little ******* who smashes trophies, and basks in the glory of how awesome he is when he wins and pouts and hides when he loses. He'll wreck anyone, anytime, and sit and whine when someone else does it to him - if he talks to the media at all. Usually he just stomps off to his trailer to suck on his pacifier.

Anyone who likes being hated the way he does - there's a problem with that.
Posted Image

#34 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ July 5, 2009 - 10:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate him 'cause I'm scared of him doing well? Dumbest thing I ever heard. rotflmao.gif

I don't hate him because he's good. I hate him because he's a spoiled little ******* who smashes trophies, and basks in the glory of how awesome he is when he wins and pouts and hides when he loses. He'll wreck anyone, anytime, and sit and whine when someone else does it to him - if he talks to the media at all. Usually he just stomps off to his trailer to suck on his pacifier.

Anyone who likes being hated the way he does - there's a problem with that.

so what that he wrecks people... Dale Sr would do it and he got praised for it...But Kyle does it and he sucks?? double standard there I think

there are 2 kinds of Drivers... those who drive and those who win

Kyle Wins.....

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 05 July 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#35 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown_Ryan @ July 5, 2009 - 11:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what that he wrecks people... Dale Sr would do it and he got praised for it...But Kyle does it and he sucks?? double standard there I think

there are 2 kinds of Drivers... those who drive and those who win

Kyle Wins.....

Did you even bother reading? I don't know if I should even respond, because you seem to pick and choose what you pay attention to. Here, let me spell this out for you loud and clear:

He'll wreck anyone, anytime, and sit and whine when someone else does it to him.

Get out of my way, I'm Kyle Busch, and I don't care if I put you in the wall but if you do it to me I'll go cry for a reporter. I don't mind drivers who wreck other drivers. I like drivers who get in wrecks because they're driving like NASCAR drivers should. You might notice who I've been rooting for all year: Juan Pablo Montoya. I like Montoya because he's an aggressive driver. But when Montoya gets wrecked by someone else, you don't seem him getting interviewed and complaining about it. Shrub gets taken out and it's nothing but "waaaahhh waaaahhh waaaahhh that guy shouldn't be out there he should get out of my way waaaahhh waaaahhh." That's if he doesn't stalk off the track in a hissy fit like he did at Daytona this week. Dale Sr. didn't stick his nose into a microphone after getting taken out and cry about it.
Posted Image

#36 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

I can't stand Busch!

#37 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

laugh.gif

too easy drill sergeant
Why so agitated about drivers

you guys get way too fired up over a car race... I like watching But I dont throw hissies when a driver I
dont particularly care for wins...
one other question

Why do you dislike Toyota?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 06 July 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#38 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown_Ryan @ July 6, 2009 - 04:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you guys get way too fired up over a car race... I like watching But I dont throw hissies when a driver I
dont particularly care for wins...
one other question

I don't sit every Sunday or so and watch Nascar. In fact, I only watched 3 races this year. It isn't the same as if you go there and watch, if you go there then that is a new thing.

I can't stand Busch or Edwards, couple idiots trying to drive there car around.

#39 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ June 23, 2009 - 06:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Curious, what you have against the other six besides Shrub? Most of 'em come off to me as pretty bland, mildly likeable but hard to hate. Especially Kenseth, Biffle, Hamlin, and Ragan. If there's one criticism I have it's that they're too bland, but it's hard to hold that against 'em. Hornish, I can sorta see just because he really seems out of his league in Sprint Cup and should probably go back to IRL. But I pull for him a little bit 'cause I always root for Penske cars.

Hornish has wrecked Harvick at least twice this year and I couldn't stand him when he was in IndyCars, though I don't recall if I had a reason for that.

Gilliland: Honest to God I'm not sure he should be allowed in a racecar after what he did to Montoya last year. I thought he should've been suspended for the rest of the season and I still can't believe Nascar let him off as lightly as they did. That guy is damn lucky that these cars are as safe as they are.

Kenseth: I guess I shouldn't dislike him as much as I do, given that he's a big reason Harvick won the 500 in 07 and he donated a bunch of autographed stuff to a fundraiser for my hockey arena. He's pissed me off too many times (though none jump to mind).

Biffle and Harvick have had their run-ins in the past. I also think he's got a terrible attitude. One of the first guys to rip the crew when something isn't going his way.

Hamlin just strikes me as a major whiner. At least Shrub is pretty much upfront about it that he's a total prick. Hamlin seems all nice and then once in awhile he says something that makes me think that Shrub and the old version of Stewart rubbed off on him. Another one that I don't really have a good reason to dislike.

I just think David Ragan is a complete joke. And he screwed Harvick's chances at a championship last year. Punted him at Talladega and so he was back behind the wreck that Edwards caused. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Some guys at the front and some toward the back got taken out. But, yeah, that guy is terrible. No more than 3 minutes before he wrecked the 29 in that race, I told my fiancee that I really didn't like the fact that Ragan was right behind him. ranting.gif

By the way, it's not like anyone should be shocked that Shrub got put into the wall hard. He drives like a complete idiot the last lap of these plate races. This definitely isn't the first time he's gotten reckless trying to block. There's a reason that the right side of Harvick's car was trashed when he won the 500. Shrub tried to block him way too late and knocked him into the wall. Go back and watch the last lap of that race and try to imagine how many cars he would've taken out if he had been a little quicker sliding up at Harvick.

Oh and I completely agree about TNT's coverage. It was awesome. (Though I'm a fan of DW and McReynolds....it's a completely different atmosphere in that booth.) And their HD always looks SO nice. Too bad they can't do that Wide Open Coverage more often.

Also, it wouldn't make me cry if Nascar just said screw racing on Sunday and had all their races Saturday night under the lights. Night races kick ass.

BTW, doesn't Penske have to get Stremme out of the 12 car at some point? That guy makes Ragan look like Johnson. I said before the season I didn't think he'd make it to halfway, and I'm not really sure why he has. He hasn't had a top 20 since the 8th race of the year and has gone 31, 38, 24, 22, 31, 34, 38, 39, 28, 35 since then. It's not like he had a stellar career before that. There's gotta be someone better out there.

Hell, shelve the car and put the money into getting my boy Will Power back into an IndyCar! :-)

Edited by Packer487, 08 July 2009 - 12:44 AM.

#40 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

I can't really be too upset at Gilliland for that even though JPM's my driver. A small part of the reason I like Montoya is he did that same thing to Shrub last year at New Hampshire. I don't mind aggressive racing, even over-aggressive racing. The difference I guess is that Montoya pulled his stunt under caution, and Gilliland wrecked Montoya under green when it had no bearing on the winner.

Honestly, I don't really fault Shrub for driving the way he did, nor Stewart either. "That's racin'," as they say. If he drove like that without the attitude (and not in a Toyota) I might actually be a fan. Yeah, the wreck was his "fault" but I don't think NASCAR drivers should settle for second for the sake of avoiding a wreck.

Oh, and yes: Stremme's a yutz. Penske's got cash: he ought to have been going hard after someone like Keselowski, or tried this year to snap up Truex before MWR got to him. I was disappointed in the Stremme hire the moment it was announced. I really want to see Keselowski in a full-time ride ASAP; Penske would have been smart to try. Actually what I'm hoping for now is to see Keselowski replace Truex in the 1 car for EGR. (And for EGR to stick with Chevy. I'll be beside myself if I have to go find yet another favorite driver because two years in a row my favorite ends up in a Toyota.)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users