No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/4 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

phx.pngVS det.png

Preview- Coyotes at Red Wings

Recap- Coyotes 4, Red Wings 5

riples187e.png

Phoenix: 24-23-5, 8-15-3 Road Record, 53 pts; 4th in Pacific Division, 10th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to NSH 2-1 Recap

Detroit: 32-11-7, 17-4-2 Home Record, 71 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated STL 4-3 (SO) Recap

Last DET-PHX meeting: DET 3 at PHX 6 Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

PHX Shane Doan: 20

DET Marian Hossa: 26

Assists

PHX Shane Doan: 28

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 40

Plus/Minus

PHX Steven Reinprecht: +9

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +24

----

PHX Enver Lisin: -15

DET Kris Draper: -12

PIM

PHX Daniel Carcillo: 146

DET Andreas Lilja: 51

riples187g.png

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hossa

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary

Helm-Hudler-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

(Leino scratched)

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Lilja-Rafalski

Lebda-Chelios

riples187h.png

PHX Ilya Bryzgalov

18-18-4, 2.81 GAA, .911 SV %, 2 SO

DET Chris Osgood

16-4-6, 3.27 GAA, .882 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png

PHX Viktor Tikhonov (hand) out, Kurt Sauer (lower body) out, Peter Mueller (concussion) out,

Steven Reinprecht (shoulder) out

DET Tomas Holmstrom (groin) out, Derek Meech (groin) questionable, Brad Stuart (ribs) out,

Darren McCarty (groin) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

with zetterberg back i say wings win 5-3

hossa with 2

z with 1

datsyuk with 1

draper with en

doan, carcillo score and some how gretzky's head will blow up and come out of retirement and will score his last nhl goal

Edited by Kevin182

Lilja is going to blow Carcillo's face up on the 1st shift. He'll then tell him that to spare any further pain, he's got to score on himself 14 times. He feels he has no other choice, and the Wings walk out of there with a 14 to 3 win.

I would like to see the wings win 3-1. I'll give them one goal just b/c you never know, but I don't want to see them give up any more.... Would like to see the Wings reduce the amont of goals against.

-Mark

depends on who the goalie is...if its Ozzie you can be sure 3 goals will be given up. If it is Conklin who knows whats going to happen!

Like Steve Ott, Carcillo will run our stars without retribution and score a goal.

Wings still win, 14-3... with Kirk Maltby netting 10 empty net goals.

maybe Maltby will find a way to beat Lemieux's record of 5 different ways to score a goal in one game. Maybe in game he will dress as a goalie and score a goal that way too.

I will be there tonight, so let's hope that the six goal charm is in effect again for us.

And Pasha, I'd be very tickled if you'd throw in a goal or two for me...three would be nice, but I won't be greedy...

Oh hell, yes I will...go for the hattie, baby!

Really excited to see Helm play. Despite the fact he's only 21 and hasn't played that many games for the Wings he's already one of my favourite players. I just love the way he plays the game, everytime he's out on the ice he's making something happen. Go get 'em Helm! :thumbup:

Hopefully the Wings can get a solid victory here, unlike the one against the Blues. I say we win 5-2.

Guest mindfly

Time for Kronwall to step up.. or GO HOME!

And Helm is actually 22 :P

Edited by mindfly

depends on who the goalie is...if its Ozzie you can be sure 3 goals will be given up. If it is Conklin who knows whats going to happen!

cause Conklin didn't let in 5 against this exact team :rolleyes:

Let's hope for a good defensive performance with solid goaltending whether it's Osgood, Conklin, or Patrick Roy in our net. :)

Ville Leino scratched tonight for Red Wings

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday February 04, 2009, 11:19 AM

Update from Wednesday's morning skate: Ville Leino is the odd-man out tonight for the Wings, as Darren Helm, recalled from Grand Rapids Tuesday, will be inserted into the lineup against Phoenix.

"He's been so good, a goal and an assist, a plus-2,so I scratched him today,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "That didn't really make any sense, but he'll be back in the next game (Saturday vs. Edmonton).

"He's been really good, (has) good puck skills, good determination on the puck. As he gets used to the league, he'll get quicker, but he's an NHL player, he's going to be a point-producer.''

Babcock said Helm will be "warming up'' on a line with Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson.

Guest mindfly

FFS... how can a guy like kopecky play in favour of leino.. how the f*** is that possible??

After perusing LGW, Kronwall and Kopecky are hurt and angry.

Kronwall gets a hat trick; Kopecky gets the GHHT.

Wings win 5-0. (Kron x 3, Kopy, Draper with the ENG)

Oh, make that 8-0. Pasha realizes Pat is there and gets a hattie for her too.

EDIT: I just woke up, so if my counting and math is off, let me slide, ok? It was a late night last night.

Edited by 55fan

What the...? Man, I was really looking forward to seeing a line of Leino-Z-Hossa. I thought, "Finally, Babs pairs Z with someone who be a substitute Datsyuk." And Z actually declared that he was looking forward to playing with him. But no. Whatever. Doesn't make any sense from my end. I guess he really wants to get Kopy some confidence. Either that or he's showcasing him for a trade.