• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Wings need attitude adjustment

Rate this topic

:violin: enough, this same stuff happened last year, these guys are proven winners, they know how to get their s*** together

The current team reminds me more of two years ago, with problems in their own zone that led to penalties or goals. That team played the same the whole year. They reached the Western Conference Finals but lost to the Ducks. Last year, they played more of a complete game. The February issues last year were mostly due to injuries. They have some of those now, but the overall team play is more like two years ago.

The current team reminds me more of two years ago, with problems in their own zone that led to penalties or goals. That team played the same the whole year. They reached the Western Conference Finals but lost to the Ducks. Last year, they played more of a complete game. The February issues last year were mostly due to injuries. They have some of those now, but the overall team play is more like two years ago.

i'd say the team play is worse than two years ago. infact, it's the worst it's been in a long time. i can't remember the last time i saw a wings team with defense and pk this poor.

I wouldn't mind throwing in some of the youngsters a little bit earlier than last year. Maybe they'll be a bit hungrier than some of the established players and give the team a couple of wins and the youngsters some valuable experience. But yeah, a team can't be hot all the time either, though the Wings don't seem as tight as last year. I'm not too worried though, I don't think the management and coaching staff is unaware of what's going on. I'm one of those guys who just has a lot of trust in Babcock and Holland.

My favoriate line in that story was:

Few recall, however, that the Wings hit the skids last February, going 1-8-2 over the last three weeks of the month.

I happen to remember every horrible minute of last February. However, the problems we had then are NOT the problems we have now.

I really think the boys are laying low, so as to come into the play-offs under the radar. Anybody that has watched every game, or even most games this season, knows that they REALLY turn it on when the game means something to them. They have lost very few of the "big" games, and during those "big" games looked like the boys we all love. I'm not in the least bit worried. I have faith in our team.

I really think the boys are laying low, so as to come into the play-offs under the radar. Anybody that has watched every game, or even most games this season, knows that they REALLY turn it on when the game means something to them. They have lost very few of the "big" games, and during those "big" games looked like the boys we all love. I'm not in the least bit worried. I have faith in our team.

I have seen this and agree that they really step it up when the game has meaning but it is a bad habit to fall into if you only play hard when the games have meaning. They should be playing that hard all the time. On reason, IMO, would be for conditioning.