• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scotzman

For Real?

Rate this topic

He was pretty popular there when they had him. A good fit for Rags fans.

Edit: If he plays to his skill level, instead of just yapping, ~2mil/yr for Avery is actually a pretty good deal for the Rags.

Edited by Datsyerberger

He was pretty popular there when they had him. A good fit for Rags fans.

Pretty much had his best years there too... I hope all the anger management therapy has worked :rolleyes:

Rangers are desperate to find something. Ever since they sprung for Gomez and Drury a couple offseasons ago they've been kinda limping along behind a solid goaltender in Lundqvist. Gomez and Drury don't have anyone to play with so their production is terrible for their pay (Gomez on pace for 16g, 58pts, -7; Drury on pace for 23g, 50pts, -6). They need some kind of spark and if you can get Avery at half-price, might be worth a shot. I think Avery is a jackass but when he is on, he can play.

Rangers are desperate to find something. Ever since they sprung for Gomez and Drury a couple offseasons ago they've been kinda limping along behind a solid goaltender in Lundqvist. Gomez and Drury don't have anyone to play with so their production is terrible for their pay (Gomez on pace for 16g, 58pts, -7; Drury on pace for 23g, 50pts, -6). They need some kind of spark and if you can get Avery at half-price, might be worth a shot. I think Avery is a jackass but when he is on, he can play.

I mean, picking up Avery for under $2Million a year is not a bad deal... the guy did really flourish in NY and was a fan favorite. I really wonder if the only reason the Dallas players hated him was the Phaneuf incident... I know that there were other things, but he really rubbed all those guys the wrong way. Maybe it hit closer to home because Modano is married to a former punch board of sorts (Willa Ford).

Cool. Maybe he'll get back there about the same time Fatso laces em back up for the Devils. Those two are always a good time to watch.

now now we don't want to do name calling. fatso...i mean Brodeur might read this and be damaged for life. we do not need people like avery in the league hurting players feelings. you seen what it did to the flame. they havn't been the same since he made his comments. poor deon. i wish i could give him a hug.

The league needs villains. Guys you want to see get the crap beaten out of them. Fighting and big hits in hockey are more fun when there are players you hate and enjoy seeing on the receiving end of those things.

Bloodlust. Crimes on the ice met by violent retribution. It's why I love this game.

If they ever take it out, I'll probably watch something else instead.

I would never want Avery playing for the Red Wings again, but I have no problem with him being in the league. For all the controversey surrounding him, saying "sloppy seconds" was his first suspension. He is not a dirty player and is not out to injure anyone, he just runs his mouth.

makes sense to me, I was telling a roomate about this. NY loved Avery and he loved NY, I didn't ever here anything bad coming out of there about him. I also agree with egroen, everyone hates Avery but all he does is talk s*** you never see him cheapshot a player + he's a team cancer(but he's not on my team) so he gets a pretty bad deal for not being an Ott/Ruutu type

The Rangers do all sorts of stupid roster moves. I don't think they've understood the value of having a coherent roster that gets along and has no chemistry issues. All they see is on-paper-talent without thinking about the intangibles.

The Rangers do all sorts of stupid roster moves. I don't think they've understood the value of having a coherent roster that gets along and has no chemistry issues. All they see is on-paper-talent without thinking about the intangibles.

Sounds like a lot of folks on this board.

esteef

he was one of their best players when in the playoffs

What have they got to lose?

They're not really in any competition to win the cup this year. The Rangers fans LOVE him. It probably wouldn't be such a bad thing for them to play a few more games with a guy who can evoke some emotion.

I could see this happening easily, I'm sure Dallas would like to half that contract.