• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

swiss_redwingfan

Homer out 3-5 Weeks

Rate this topic

Honestly, I'm glad this is all happening now instead of in April.

Speedy recovery, Homer!

EDIT: After reading some other posts, I am NOT saying Homer won't get injured again. I'm just happy that right now is NOT April. 'Tis all.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

It sucks Homer is out for that long(?) time. But we can use our potential GR. Leino, and Helm will get many starts I think. And hope we will bring up either Abdelkader or Downey again.

Again, it is shadow and light..

This time it's on the opposite side of the surgery he had over the summer, correct?

While this will give us a chance to cycle through a few more Griffins kids, we'll have to try and keep our power play clicking without Homer in front.

This is a good thing. He really was in bad pain durring the playoffs and it certainly hurt his play. Getting him in for surgery now saves the team in the long run. 10 games after the surgery is plenty of time to get back into sync. Hopefully everything goes well and the surgery fixes his problems and gets him back on the ice at 100% come playoff time.

Plus this gives the team a long term gap to place a forward prospect in (Leino is the perfect choice since it's a top 6 spot).

Give Downey another shot. The only player to have given 110% in every game hes played this season! (allbeit one game..)

Losing Holmstrom opens up a top six spot. At this point that's invaluable for the RW management because it gives them evaluation time to figure out who is best suited to be brought up next season when we lose 2 forwards.

Sucks losing Homer, but he gets a nice rest before the playoffs, and we get some hard working kids, and an enforcer in the lineup for some games.

Leino-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Cleary-Fillpula-Hudler

Helm-Draper-Downey/Maltby

Blessing in disguise. I love homer, but more youth only means a better work ethic overall. In the Wings system, you have to impress to get a legit shot, and Leino, Helm, and Ericsson know that better than anyone. We'll miss Homer - he makes our PP what it is - but there are worse things that could happen.

Makes me wonder if Homer has been doing anything different in the past season or two in his training that caused multiple hernias. Or maybe he just gets beat on too often. I guess this allows the Wings to try on some of the young talent, but in the next month we're really going to realize how much we take Homer for granted. :( I wish him a quick and complete recovery!

It sucks Homer is out for that long(?) time. But we can use our potential GR. Leino, and Helm will get many starts I think. And hope we will bring up either Abdelkader or Downey again.

Again, it is shadow and light..

Off topic, but I am intrigued by your "shadow and light" comment. For whatever reason I've been thinking a lot about light and all its physical and spiritual properties, and the reverse, as in shadows or the dark.

...SOOOO many ways you can go on that topic but of course, not here.

And no, I haven't hit the sauce. ^_^