• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/8 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Penguins 0

Rate this topic

The Wings actually tried to win, but didn't make it look difficult really, blocking shots, picking their moments, calm and collected. I really, really liked what I saw today.

I am officially on the Ty Conklin bandwagon. He was just stellar today. Six shutouts -- all of Detroit's shutouts as a matter of fact -- are pretty good evidence, even if the D did help today, a lot.

He did have something to prove, if you will, but I just love his confidence out there.

Penguins really do suck. Why did they make the playoff last 2 seasons? Because East is terrible, just bunch of joking teams.

That's a bold statement. The Pens have been missing their best D-man for almost the entire season and struggled to keep their team together from last year. Let's not go overboard.

Conklin comes up huge in big games. Glad to see he got his rebounds under control.

Man, a great, great, great game. The only thing that disappoints me is that we're so close to San Jose, despite our rough patch, and they will win their next game bceause they play Pittsburgh.

Datsyuk's 2nd goal was awesome, too.

I'm feeling steadily more confident about our chances at the Cup this year!

What a great f-ing game.

This is definitely my favorite game all season.

Hosasa is awesome.

Leino is awesome.

Conklin is awesome and with ANOTHER shutout but he still won't play the next game.

Awesome post.

Is it just me, or does Conklin play some of his best hockey in big games? The Pens, the Sharks, the back-to-backs against Chicgao? Hes showing an awful lot of composure out there. Looks incredibly calm.

He was good in big games last year in the Pens too but stupid Therrien replaced Conks by Fleury who is a terrible goalie. That's how dumb they are. They better not make the playoff and Bettman will retire.

The Wings actually tried to win, but didn't make it look difficult really, blocking shots, picking their moments, calm and collected. I really, really liked what I saw today.

I am officially on the Ty Conklin bandwagon. He was just stellar today. Six shutouts -- all of Detroit's shutouts as a matter of fact -- are pretty good evidence, even if the D did help today, a lot.

He did have something to prove, if you will, but I just love his confidence out there.

The thing is, if you have a goaltender that makes the defense play better, that shouldn't count against him. Maybe if we were comparing Conklin's raw talent vs. Osgood's, then it would be important to make note of, but as far as I know, no one ******* cares about how our two goalies compare in terms of talent. People only care about wins. And if one goaltender makes his team better than another, then hes the one you go with. Case closed. This was a big game for Conks, and he came through. Thats all you can ask.

That's a bold statement. The Pens have been missing their best D-man for almost the entire season and struggled to keep their team together from last year. Let's not go overboard.

Basically, then we lost Stuart and Gonchar is not even that good, he cannot lift up the Pens now.