• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/8 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Penguins 0

Rate this topic

NHL game stars:

1. Pasha (sick, dirty, beautiful, God, I love him!)

2. Marian "Boo this, assholes' Hossa

3. Conky, aka Mr. ShutOut :thumbup:

I would've put Lilja in there over either of the goal scorers. His work against Crosby tonight and on the PK was absolutely epic. He looked more like Chara shutting down guys than himself. And a point to boot.

Conkquerer with another shutout! Pasha with two goals and Hossa gives the boobirds a reason to boo.

Great game, but bad officiating. The Pens had gotten away with a lot of s*** and the Wings nailed by the smallest of "infractions" <_<

3-0 Wings over the Penguins.

Basically, then we lost Stuart and Gonchar is not even that good, he cannot lift up the Pens now.

Yes, Gonchar is that good. Theres a reason he was Top 5 in Norris voting last year. No, he wont fix the Pens, but he is that good, and not having him has really hurt the Pens.

The Red Wings did all the little things right today. They got the puck out of their zone, They blocked shots, they kept the puck deep and they kept the majority of shots to the outside.

When Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk are our best players, we win. Lilja played an outstanding game too. and Conklin made the saves.

Good all around showing by the Red Wings.

Yes, Gonchar is that good. Theres a reason he was Top 5 in Norris voting last year. No, he wont fix the Pens, but he is that good, and not having him has really hurt the Pens.

What I am saying is only because Gonchar is gonna come back to the Pens, Pens defenses will not be better. I am sorry that I hurt Gonchar but that's the truth.

Funny thing is Pens got Stall in the first round for 2-way forward but he is terrible on both offensive and defensive zones.

My favorite moments of the game

Crosby wanting sooo bad to start s*** with Maltby

Hossa getting booed for being a "sellout" after he played with the Pens for whole 3 months (He's been a Wing longer than he was ever a Penguin. And does that make him a sellout when he came to Pittsburgh in the first place?) And then scoring a goal

Great win, surprisingly strong on such quick turnaround. The defensive discipline was excellent and Ty Conklin played a very good game. Loved Hossa and Conks sticking it to the Pens fans with the goal and the shutout.

I haven't read through the thread, but I trust we all were quick to point out how Wings-friendly the commentary on NBC was today, right? Today was an absolute slobber-fest by the NBC crew about the Wings and what a great organization they are, Z shutting down Crosby, blah, blah, blah. And I just KNOW that we're not only sensitive when the coverage focuses on the other team, so I'm positive this was heavily discussed....

Guest mindfly

I really liked what I saw in this game...

- Conklin has to be the no.1 guy for now, we'll see how things turn around come playoff time but for now, conklin is the dude.

- Hossa is unbelieveable you can't even compare him to franzen, whom also is very prone to getting injured, if it's between keeping one of them hossa is a no brainer imo.

Looooooved the smile hossa gave after the goal, it was awesome.

Red Wings plays when it matters. No need to complain over "useless" season therefore, especially make gloomy predictions for POs based on one or two games.

Relax. They know their stuff. No assistant coach firing required.

Edited by hokike

It seems like most Pittsburg fans have been brain washed by Therrien into believing that Detroit only wins because the refs let them get away with interference all the time.

I'm so glad they won and Conklin got the shutout.

Great win, surprisingly strong on such quick turnaround. The defensive discipline was excellent and Ty Conklin played a very good game. Loved Hossa and Conks sticking it to the Pens fans with the goal and the shutout.

I haven't read through the thread, but I trust we all were quick to point out how Wings-friendly the commentary on NBC was today, right? Today was an absolute slobber-fest by the NBC crew about the Wings and what a great organization they are, Z shutting down Crosby, blah, blah, blah. And I just KNOW that we're not only sensitive when the coverage focuses on the other team, so I'm positive this was heavily discussed....

ditto on that one. I was thoroughly disgusted at the onesideness of this coverage

and how Emrick and Tool were badly trying to sell those Penguins and try not to

mention Wings. I'm not even sure my joy of seing Wings winning in that good style

equals my joy of imagining Pi-erre eating this s*t.

the highlight reel of NBC love to Penguis was them mentioning how Pittsburgh almost

won the cup without a single word that the team they were actually playing this

game against was the one which took the prize home. it's just... so low...

Edited by akustyk

You know the old saying, he who laughs last laughs best??? Well, I think we had a real chuckle fest. Talk about putting the screws to them...their ex-goalie throws a shutout, and their best ex-player scores on them. Not to mention that one of the best in the League hits them up for two, and is now 10 points away from 500 career points. How much better can it get?

I'm with y'all on the Crosby overload. I swear if we'd had a Sidney Crosby drinking contest, I would have been under the table before the pregame bulls*** was over and done with. One lousy shot - this is hockey's golden boy???

As far as Sid the wonder slug, you got schooled. Class dismissed. Suck it up and go home.

Edited by Kira

I feel you're greatly underestimating. The Pens last year were a solid team, but the Wings were "the" team.

I am not underestimating right now. I know they were a solid team last year but last year is last year and this year is this year.

As we see, the playoff time is coming soon and even though Gonchar is back on the Pens, by the long injury, I don't think he will be able to perform well as last season.

What I am saying is Gonchar backs, but if the Penguins offenses cannot provide any defensive plays this season, they will not go far in the playoff or even head to the golf course on April 4th.

This looked like the SCF team from last year. I know it's only Pittsburgh and they're pretty much horrible, but we shut down Malkin and Crosby which isn't all that easy.

I'm sure Malkin must have had a 47-game point streak or something coming into this game.

Our PK was flawless, Lilja and Rafalski were amazing. Lidstrom was Norris' Nick again. Kronwall wasn't bad. Cheli skated faster than I've seen him do in 10 years.

Leino looks like he's on his 5th NHL-season, what a smart hockeyplayer he is. Filppula had a good game again, putting him on the 2nd line has really upped his confidence it seems.

Conks played great, he was very calm and good at controlling rebounds. Datsyuk and Hossa each scored a great goal.

Only thing that looked truly bad was our PP, but so what. Great effort today, I'm sure Babs is pleased.

This looked like the SCF team from last year. I know it's only Pittsburgh and they're pretty much horrible, but we shut down Malkin and Crosby which isn't all that easy.

I'm sure Malkin must have had a 47-game point streak or something coming into this game.

Our PK was flawless, Lilja and Rafalski were amazing. Lidstrom was Norris' Nick again. Kronwall wasn't bad. Cheli skated faster than I've seen him do in 10 years.

Leino looks like he's on his 5th NHL-season, what a smart hockeyplayer he is. Filppula had a good game again, putting him on the 2nd line has really upped his confidence it seems.

Conks played great, he was very calm and good at controlling rebounds. Datsyuk and Hossa each scored a great goal.

Only thing that looked truly bad was our PP, but so what. Great effort today, I'm sure Babs is pleased.

Pretty much huh? Well yeah our offenses were not as good as YESTERDAY, but who cares, our offenses can be fabulous in anytime and we score 3 goals today and that is enough.

I was impressed with Lilja and Conks again. Solid defensive game is what we want to watch. Even though the Pens is bad right now, shutout is special still and we did shutdown Malkin and Cindy very well.