• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
commadore183

2009 FIA Formula One World Championship Season

Rate this topic

Well, for the F1 fans here, here's a thread to discuss the upcoming season (Australian GP is on March 29th).

So far, nearly all of the teams confirmed for this year (Honda still haven't found a buyer for their team) have launched their cars, the exceptions being Force India, Red Bull Racing, and Toro Rosso.

Confirmed drivers:

*Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton (1) and Heikki Kovalainen (2)

*Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro: Kimi Raikkonen (3) and Felipe Massa (4)

*BMW Sauber F1 Team: Robert Kubica (5) and Nick Heidfeld (6)

*ING Renault F1 Team: Fernando Alonso (7) and Nelson Piquet Jr (8)

*Panasonic Toyota Racing: Jarno Trulli (9) and Timo Glock (10)

*Scuderia Toro Rosso: Sebastien Buemi (11) and Sebastien Bourdais (12)

*Red Bull Racing: Mark Webber (14) and Sebastian Vettel (15)

*AT&T WilliamsF1: Nico Rosberg (16) and Kazuki Nakajima (17)

*Brawn GP: Rubens Barrichello (18) and Jenson Button (19)

*Force India Formula One: Adrian Sutil (20) and Giancarlo Fisichella (21)

The number 13 is not used in F1 for obvious superstitious reason, and the numbers 18 and 19 are reserved for whoever buys the Honda team.

Driver changes from 2008:

*David Coulthard (Red Bull Racing) retires. Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso) gets promoted after a pretty good season in 2008, which he won the Italian Grand Prix.

*Sebastian Vettel's Toro Rosso seat gets taken by Sebastien Buemi from the GP2 series.

Race dates:

*Australian Grand Prix (Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne): March 27-29

*Malaysian Grand Prix (Sepang International Circuit, Sepang): April 3-5

*Chinese Grand Prix (Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai): April 17-19

*Bahrain Grand Prix (Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir): April 24-26

*Spanish Grand Prix (Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona): May 8-10

*Monaco Grand Prix (Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo): May 21-24

*Turkish Grand Prix (Istanbul Park, Istanbul): June 5-7

*British Grand Prix (Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone): June 19-21

*German Grand Prix (Nurburgring GP-Strecke, Nurburg): July 10-12

*Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring, Budapest): July 24-26

*European Grand Prix (Streets of Valencia, Valencia): August 21-23

*Belgian Grand Prix (Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Francorchamps): August 28-30

*Italian Grand Prix (Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, Monza): September 11-13

*Singapore Grand Prix (Streets of Marina Bay, Marina Bay): September 25-27

*Japanese Grand Prix (Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka): October 2-4

*Brazilian Grand Prix (Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, Sao Paulo): October 16-18

*Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Yas Island Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi): October 30-November 1

Calendar changes from 2008:

*This season marks the first time since 1956 that a French Grand Prix will not be held, after having been run on seven different circuits over 52 years.

*This also marks the first time since 1958 that a Formula One Grand Prix race will not be held in North America.

*China moves up to the 3rd race of the season after being scheduled in the latter part of the season.

*The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix becomes the final race of the season, a spot previously held by the Brazilian Grand Prix.

*The Japanese Grand Prix race will be held at Suzuka this year and will alternate with Fuji Speedway for the annual event.

*It will be the first time since 1985 that the Nurburgring circuit will host the German Grand Prix, as the Hockenheimring currently holds the naming rights to the race, but have been hit by financial issues as of late. If an agreement can't be reached between the two parties, the Nurburgring race may get a name change.

This will be the first season of the radical new bodywork changes aimed at aiding passing on the circuits, as the previous bodywork rules led to too much "dirty air" for the following car. This will also be the first season of the new (and optional) KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) package in competition. Lewis Hamilton will look to defend his World Driver's Championship, while Ferrari (in their 60th season of F1 competition) will want to keep their World Constructor's Championship.

EDIT: This will also be the first time since 1997 that teams will be able to use slick tires/tyres (depending on your location :P ), as pointed out by F.Michael.

Looking forward to a good season :) Good luck to all of your favorite drivers and teams :)

EDIT 2: Ross Brawn takes over the former Honda team, now named Brawn GP:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73577

There are now ten teams on the grid for twenty cars.

Edited by commadore183

Racing slicks will also be making a comeback (replacing those silly grooved tires).

I've been slowly, but surely loosing interest in F1; lack of the USGP these past few years, & now no Canadian GP = more indifference on my behalf. Add to that the Bernie, & Max pony show has gotten old; their greed, arrogance, & desire to snub certain markets doesn't help their cause either. Me thinks their move away from ciggy sponsorship a few years ago is now biting them all in the ass since the world economy is in the toilet; many teams current sponsors are hurting, & with Honda F1 outta the picture it makes ya wonder how long Merc/Toyota/Renault/BMW will stick around.

I'll still tune in for most races just for the Hobbs color commentary :lol:

Ooops, forgot about the racing slicks in my post :blush: I'll fix that.

Yeah, the lack of a North American Grand Prix will certainly hurt the sports interest in the US. Bernie's sky-high sanctioning fees make it impossible for anyone but a government to pay for the rights to host a GP, not to mention some of the outrageous demand for paddock areas (seriously, do they really need to be like uber-luxury suites?).

And the dropping of the French GP and moving more races to Asia/Middle East are going to make it more financially difficult for the teams to justify their existence in F1 (a lot of cargo to transport, and the lost of markets to the teams' sponsors). An Indian GP is slated for 2010, I believe, as well as a Korean GP. At least they will be on purpose built circuits instead of on city streets (ie Valencia, Singapore, and Monaco). The French GP is expected to return in a season or two, but on a street course near Paris (from the rumors I hear). And there's a rumor that Hermann Tilke (the main guy who designs many of the modern F1 circuits, like Bahrain and Turkey) was in Rome scouting a location for a Roman/Italian GP.

And speaking of circuits, nowadays newer circuits seem WAY too flat to me, compared to Spa. There seems to be little character to the newer circuits. If it were up to me, I'd have a USGP at a track like Road America or Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen or even Laguna Seca (though, it might be too narrow for a modern F1 car). Hell, Detroit used to host a GP, right there at the Renaissance Center.

F1 needs to be more hospitable to privateer teams like Williams/Minardi/Jordan/Tyrrell/etc. Being too reliant on the manufacturers can hurt the sport if they hit a rough patch in the economy (like right now). I like some of the ideas that the FIA have come out with (giving the teams an option of running a "standard" engine like a Cosworth). I would like to see them institute a optional standard tub/monocoque for the privateer teams so that there is still the car development, but will take out a big part of the cost of making a F1 car. That would still keep to the spirit of a "constructor" without having to completely jig the rules to deal with customer cars (like what Super Aguri was and Toro Rosso is, to a certain extent).

I hope they don't institute the damn medals rules. Seriously, if you want the championship determined by wins, then increase the damn points for a win. It's that damn simple.

Also, there's a rumor of an US-based F1 team being run by SPEEDtv employee Peter Windsor and former Ligier mechanic Ken Anderson. Their base of operations would be in the Concord/Charlotte area, right in the home of many NASCAR and sports car teams, as well as the home base of a state of the art wind tunnel. They are expected to race in F1 in 2010, so they have 13 months to get their stuff together. Right now, it's only a rumor, as there is no hard reports of, well, a lot of other stuff (drivers, engines, etc). Hope it does happen and will last for a long time, but until they are on the grid in 2010, it's just a dream to many US F1 fans.

And I agree about the color commentary with Hobbs :lol: He can certainly make a boring race at least a bit entertaining :lol:

Bump this thread up, as Ross Brawn has taken control of the former Honda team, renamed Brawn GP:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73577

So far, no sponsors have been announced, but that may come in the future, surely before the Australian Grand Prix.

Good luck to the outfit.

EDIT: Here are some images of the cars from each team. Engine is in parenthesis.

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro F60 (Ferrari 056):

ferrari_f60_2009_launch_massa-raikkonen_01a_1200x800.jpg

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 (Mercedes FO 108W):

2009-mclaren-mp4-24_460x0w.jpg

BMW Sauber F1 Team F1.09 (BMW P86/9):

2009-bmw-sauber-f1-09-7_460x0w.jpg

ING Renault F1 Team R29 (Renault RS27):

9b.jpg

Panasonic Toyota Racing TF109 (Toyota RVX-09):

2009-panosonic-toyota-tf109-formula-1-car_5.jpg

Scuderia Toro Rosso STR4 (Ferrari 056):

http://www.tororosso.com/Car/Gallery/The-S...7-Austria-GEPA/

Red Bull Racing RB5 (Renault RS27):

djm0tyry909fe51.jpg

AT&T WilliamsF1 Team FW31 (Toyota RVX-09):

williams_fw31_2009f1car-9-470x313.jpg

Brawn GP F1 Team BGP001 (Mercedes FO 108W):

bgp001-7.jpg

Force India Formula One VJM02 (Mercedes FO 108W):

forceindiaf1team_2009livery_3-470x3.jpg

Other than the Brawn GP car, those are all of the cars that have been launched this year, I believe.

Edited by commadore183

Wow,you two follow F1 even more than me. And kudos for starting this thread. :thumbup:

I try to watch the races & support my countrymen,but I usually find out the rule changes etc. just before the season.

Kimi's been off the booze and training hard,hopefully we'll see a motivated Räikkönen straight from the start.

Oh boy...

Driver with most race wins to become 2009 champion

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has approved a change to the points systems for this year’s drivers’ championship, which will see the title awarded to the driver with the most race wins. The rest of the standings, from second to last place, will be decided by the current points system.

From what I understand is that a driver can win, say, four races and DNF or fall outside of the points for the other races, he can still win the championship as long as no other driver have four or more wins, even if there are drivers with more points than him <_< Lame. Why not make it so that the top 3 get more points.

Oh, wait...

The FIA’s World Motor Sport Council accepted the proposal for the new system from Formula One Management at a meeting in Paris on Tuesday. An alternative proposal to change the points awarded to drivers finishing in first, second and third place to 12, 9 and 7 points respectively was rejected.

Ugh, and I thought NASCAR's Chase for the Cup was bad, but at least it's still about who gets more points at the end of the season.

Combined with the lost of the French Grand Prix and no North American Grand Prix races, it is probably hard for a North American F1 fan to really care about this season.

Also, I figure I'll give an update about the USF1 program: it's no more, or, at least, no longer known as USF1, but now as USGPE (US Grand Prix Engineering), probably as a result of Bernie pitching a fit about the use of "F1", even though he does not own a trademark/copyright to it. Force India was asked to change their logo because the "I" in "FIF1" looked too much like "F1" for Bernie's liking. The website usf1.com now redirects you to usgpe.com.

Looks like the FIA are willing to scrap that damn "winner takes all" scoring system for this year, but are willing to instate it next year, though:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73810

There is this interesting bit in the article (from the FIA's statement on the new points system passing):

The statement said: "On 17 March, the FIA World Motor Sport Council unanimously rejected FOTA's proposed amendment to the points system for the Formula One Drivers' Championship. The 'winner takes all' proposal made by the commercial rights holder (who had been told that the teams were in favour) was then approved.

Now where would Bernie get the idea that all of the teams were in favor of this system? Did he lie to the FIA in this regard, or was it a misunderstanding? Or something else? Very interesting.

Either way, the points system will remain the 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 system, instead of the "whoever has the most wins (regardless of points) is the champion" way.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9043.html

Looks like the FIA revised the driver numbers for 2009. Main changes are that Kimi and Felipe switch numbers at the request of Ferrari, thus making Felipe #3 and Kimi #4. Also, Toro Rosso has switched their number assignments between the Sebastians, with Bourdais taking #11, as he's the senior driver at STR, and rookie team mate Sebastian Buemi taking #12. The FIA also recognized that the Brawn GP team as a new manufacturer, thus making them #20 and #21.

Revised number assignments:

1 Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes (2008 FIA Formula One World Driver Champion)

2 Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes (team mate to Lewis Hamilton)

3 Felipe Massa, Ferrari (Ferrari won the World Constructors championship, and thus will get the #3 and #4 after McLaren)

4 Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari

5 Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber

6 Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber

7 Fernando Alonso, Renault

8 Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault

9 Jarno Trulli, Toyota

10 Timo Glock, Toyota

11 Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

12 Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso Ferrari

14 Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

15 Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault

16 Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota

17 Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota

19 Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

20 Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India Mercedes

21 Jenson Button, Brawn-Mercedes

22 Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes

Well, it can't be Formula One without the obligatory rules protests:

Albert Park stewards have thrown out a protest against the much-talked-about diffusers on the Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams cars, leaving all three teams free to race their designs unchanged in this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix.

It all stems from the three teams' interpetation of the diffuser and rear crash structure rules.

Right now, all three teams will race this weekend, but the ruling is being appealed by the protesting teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, and Renault). The appeal will go to the FIA International Court of Appeals, but it will not be heard until after the Malaysian Grand Prix, which is about 2 weeks or so.

Edited by commadore183

Qualifying results

1) Jenson Button, Brawn-Mercedes

2) Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes

3) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault

4) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber

5) Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota

6) Felipe Massa, Ferrari

7) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari

8) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

9) Nicke Heidfeld, BMW-Sauber

10) Fernando Alonso, Renault

11) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota

12) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes

13) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

14) Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault

15) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes

16) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

17) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

18) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes+

19) Timo Glock, Toyota*

20) Jarno Trulli, Toyota*

*Penalized after qualifying.

+ Changed gearbox, incurred 5 grid spot penalty for the race.

Full qualifying results here: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2009/805/6602/

EDIT: The Toyotas were sent to the back of the grid for violation of Article 3.15, which the rear wing element was showing extreme flexing. Also, Lewis Hamilton will start 18th after changing his gearbox. The engineers decided to change it after 4th gear broke during qualifying and are being cautious.

Edited by commadore183

Race results:

3) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes

4) Timo Glock, Toyota

5) Fernando Alonso, Renault

6) Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota

7) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

8) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

9) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

10) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber

11) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes

12) Jarno Trulli, Toyota*

13) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

14) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault (Accident)

15) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber (Accident)

16) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (Differential)

17) Felipe Massa, Ferrari (Suspension)

18) Nelson Piquet, Renault (Spin)

19) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota (Accident)

20) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes (Accident damage)

* Jarno Trulli was penalized 25 seconds after passing under the safety car period near the end of the race.

Sebastian Vettel has been penalized 10 grid spot for the next race after his crash with Robert Kubica near the end of the race. Vettel and Red Bull Racing were also fined $50,000 for driving around with a damaged car for two laps before he parked it.

Amazing race overall!

Edited by commadore183

Oh boy...

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton has been disqualified from last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix after a second stewards’ investigation on Thursday decided both he and his team had provided ‘misleading' evidence during a hearing held after the Melbourne race.

Apparently, McLaren and Hamilton misled the stewards regarding the Trulli/Hamilton incident, where Trulli spun off the track and Hamilton passed him, but then allowed Trulli back by, fearing a penalty from the stewards.

Revised results:

3) Jarno Trulli, Toyota

4) Timo Glock, Toyota

5) Fernando Alonso, Renault

7) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

8) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

9) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

10) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber

11) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes

12) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

13) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault (accident)

14) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber (accident)

15) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (differential)

16) Felipe Massa, Ferrari (suspension)

17) Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault (spun off)

18) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota (accident)

19) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes (crash damage)

20) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes (disqualified)

McLaren's record of being hit by FIA fines and disqualficiations over the past years is staggering!

But as far as I am concerned, their own fault. I bet Ron Dennis is glad he is not in charge anymore, though he still sits at the top, of course. <_<

A few things:

1) The first race was awesome,a great ending (thanks to Vettel :P ). It's great that the "crappy" teams are fast at least right now. Haven't been this excited over a F1 season since the late 90's.

2) Hamilton is a liar,gotta love that.

3) Race starts 5AM ET for you guys on Sunday(noon for me,Red Wings' Western Canada/West Coast road games start 5-5.30AM),who's going to watch? Surely Commodore183 will?

Edited by FinRedWing

3) Race starts 5AM ET for you guys on Sunday(noon for me,Red Wings' Western Canada/West Coast road games start 5-5.30AM),who's going to watch? Surely Commodore183 will?

You bet I will :D I've been getting up early for F1 races for a few years now, so it isn't any real problem for me.

And of note from this weekend's race:

Brawn GP’s Rubens Barrichello has been handed a penalty by the Sepang race stewards after his car needed a new gearbox following Friday practice for this weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix. Barrichello will drop five places on the grid as a result of the change.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9128.html

The regulations state that the gearbox must last 4 race weekends.

And now the Driver's points standings after the first race (unofficial until after 14 April :P)

1) Jenson Button, Brawn-Mercedes: 10

2) Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes: 8

3) Jarno Trulli, Toyota: 6

4) Timo Glock, Toyota: 5

5) Fernando Alonso, Renault: 4

6) Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota: 3

7) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 2

8) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 1

9) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes: 0

10) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber: 0

11) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes: 0

12) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault: 0

13) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault: 0

14) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber: 0

15) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari: 0

16) Felipe Massa, Ferrari: 0

17) Nelson Piquet, Renault: 0

18) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota: 0

19) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes: 0

20) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes: 0

Constructor's Points (unofficial until after 14 April :P)

1) Brawn-Mercedes: 18

2) Toyota: 11

3) Renault: 4

4) Williams-Toyota: 3

5) Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 3

6) Force India-Mercedes: 0

7) BMW Sauber: 0

8) Red Bull-Renault: 0

9) Ferrari: 0

10) McLaren-Mercedes: 0

As the wheel turns in this soap opera called Formula One...

Lewis Hamilton faces the threat of suspension or disqualification from the F1 World Championship after he was accused of 'deliberately misleading' the FIA race stewards...

However, the situation contravenes the International Sporting Code and is viewed as so grave that the FIA have it within their power to pursue the matter further.

A FIA spokesperson confirmed: "Given the seriousness of this matter, we cannot rule out further action at this stage."

As Hamilton has been excluded from the race at Melbourne's Albert Park, should motor sport's world governing body take up the case, only two additional punishments are open to them.

One would be to suspend Hamilton from a further race or races, or alternatively they could disqualify him from the Championship altogether.

When was the last time someone was disqualified from a season in F1? I know the Tyrrell team was nailed about a controversy about their water system back in the 70s/80s, but I can't recall any other situation.

If he gets any further punishment expect huge backlash.

And I dont get this whole defuser issue thats going on, but if it means the lesser teams are doing well now I hope nothing changes. Knowing F1 they'll bend over to the big 3 teams who won be happy at whats going on.

Qualifying results (highlight to read):

2) Jarno Trulli, Toyota

3) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault

4) Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes

5) Timo Glock, Toyota

7) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

8) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber

9) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari

10) Fernando Alonso, Renault

11) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber

12) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota

13) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes

14) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes

15) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

16) Felipe Massa, Ferrari

17) Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault

18) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes

19) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

20) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

Race results (highlight to read):

2) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber

3) Timo Glock, Toyota

4) Jarno Trulli, Toyota

5) Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes

6) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault

7) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes

8) Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota

9) Felipe Massa, Ferrari

10) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

11) Fernando Alonso, Renault

12) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota

13) Nelson Piquet, Renault

14) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari

15) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault

16) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari

17) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes

18) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes

19) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber

20) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes

The race was cut short due to rain before the 75% mark of the race, so half points will be awarded. I'll post the points later when I'm not as tired as I am now :P

Edited by commadore183

World Driver Points (highlight to read):

1) Jenson Button, Brawn-Mercedes: 15

2) Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes: 10

3) Jarno Trulli, Toyota: 8.5

4) Timo Glock, Toyota: 8

5) Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber: 4

6) Fernando Alonso, Renault: 4

7) Nico Rosberg, Williams-Toyota: 3.5

8) Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 2

9) Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault: 1.5

10) Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes: 1

11) Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 1

12) Adrian Sutil, Force India-Mercedes: 0

13) Felipe Massa, Ferrari: 0

14) Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India-Mercedes: 0

15) Kazuki Nakajima, Williams-Toyota: 0

16) Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault: 0

17) Nelson Piquet Jr, Renault: 0

18) Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari: 0

19) Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber: 0

20) Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes: 0

World Constructor's Points (highlight to read):

1) Brawn-Mercedes: 25

2) Toyota: 16.5

3) BMW Sauber: 4

4) Renault: 4

5) Williams-Toyota: 3.5

6) Toro Rosso-Ferrari: 3

7) Red Bull-Renault: 1.5

8) McLaren-Mercedes: 1

9) Force India-Mercedes: 0

10) Ferrari: 0

Next Race will the the Chinese Grand Prix on April 19th.

On April 14th, the International Court of Appeals will hear the appeals from Ferrari, Red Bull, Renault, and BMW Sauber over the design of the diffusers from the Brawn, Toyota, and Williams teams. The protests involve the diffusers having more volume due to taking advantage of a gray area in the rules regarding the diffuser and the rear crash structure.

If the ICoA rules the diffusers legal, then the matter will end and the other teams may try to come up with a trick diffuser like Toyota, Brawn, and Williams. Not sure of the decision can be appealed further, though.

If the ICoA rules the diffusers illegal, then one of several things can happen:

*The three teams (Brawn, Toyota, and Williams) will be disqualified from the fist two races

*The results from the first two races will remain unchanged, but there may be a point deduction

*Like the mass damper issue from a few years ago, nothing will happen to past race results or the points

I'm sure there are other options that can be exercised, but that's all I have at the top of my head.

Edited by commadore183