• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

2009 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

i still get chills looking at Raburn's game winner last night on the highlights. Reminds me of a pudge comeback during the miracle 2006 season.

link

cant find the video tho. One of my favorite memories from that 2006 year

Edited by timothy1997

let me see i gotta say something now. Damn multiple posts.

I think you cut Willis. It is obvious that he just doesnt have it and then you play out mags the rest of this year and buyout the contract towards the end. Incentives boost his salary to $33 million over the next two seasons if he plays 135 games or 500 at bats. You do everything you can so he doesnt reach that mark.

Edited by timothy1997

First MLB post of the season.

First of all I'm pissed off because I get Sirius/XM and baseball is the only one of the four sports to NOT allow broadcasting on both networks, now that they are joined, which means I don't get the games. :angry:

Second, it's nice that a team from Detroit is doing well besides the Wings.

Third, other than enjoying a decent season by the Tigers, the MLB continues to do everything it can to drive me away. Still have not addressed steroids, but I could probably overlook that moreso than never addressing the salary issues. Come up with some kind of system like the other 3 leagues. And for the love of god, allow people to listen to the games. I paid for the $15 radio package last year, but I already subscribe to satellite so I refuse to this year. :(

Other than that, go Tigs!

We can survive this season without Maggs and Guillen, and we have some good guys like Larish, Clete, Raburn, Omar, and Don Kelley who can and have all stepped up and showed that they can play here. that gives jimmy lee some good options for next season as well.

the problem is we have $50 million tied up to players who shouldnt even be on the field (willis, magglio, bonderman, guillen, robertson). I think they need to clear that up first in order to have money to hand out to free agents to come here. I doubt any of those mentioned names are demanded on the market now so cutting them seems to be a very strong option.

For different reasons it pains me to say any of these guys should go, but you're both right. The Cabrera trade didn't make Inge redundant--it made Guillen and Maggs redundant, and one of them (Carlos) should have been moved last year (ouch!). Maggs I think still has it in him to be a good DH/RF. I love Willis and Robertson too, but they just don't have it anymore. Bondo's another story--I think he gets more time to sort things out, even if he's looking like our Mark Prior at the moment.

As for all these other kids (Anderson, Clete, Raburn, Kelley...), they've all shown signs that they can be everyday players, and they've also at times looked like they may be valuable utility players but not starters. The platoon in LF I think is hampering their development--Tigers need to decide that they're going to commit to giving one of them a real chance the rest of the year despite the growing pains, not this two week callup at a time business.

First MLB post of the season.

First of all I'm pissed off because I get Sirius/XM and baseball is the only one of the four sports to NOT allow broadcasting on both networks, now that they are joined, which means I don't get the games. :angry:

Second, it's nice that a team from Detroit is doing well besides the Wings.

Third, other than enjoying a decent season by the Tigers, the MLB continues to do everything it can to drive me away. Still have not addressed steroids, but I could probably overlook that moreso than never addressing the salary issues. Come up with some kind of system like the other 3 leagues. And for the love of god, allow people to listen to the games. I paid for the $15 radio package last year, but I already subscribe to satellite so I refuse to this year. :(

Other than that, go Tigs!

gonna get worse in the future if the olympics get baseball back. The proposed plan includes 16 days of no mlb tv coverage while the olympics go on in aug (starting in 2016 at the soonest). MLB games will be played during that time but no way you can see your favorite MLB team unless you buy tickets to the game. College players and amatuers will represent the US during that time and you will only get coverage of them.

I would never wish for someone to get injured, but I am thrilled Nate is gone! I watched Ni pitch for Toledo the other night and he has pretty good stuff. Lucas French started the game for the Mud Hens and he was just terrific. I realize that doesn't translate to success in the big leagues, but I think we can say Figaro probably needs more time to develop and we need to find another starting pitcher. If they are unwilling to move Miner back in the rotation and Galarraga doesn't turn it around, Dombrowski has to add a veteran starting pitcher at the deadline.

It appears the Tigers also need Comerica Park to win. Good thing they have a lot of home games coming up after this road trip.

dang.... what a good/bad/good/bad/good game that was! big lead, lose lead, get lead again in extras, lose lead again, finally on our last pitcher we get a win in 16 friggin innings!

Tough road trip. The Twins are a pain-in-the-ass team to play as always. I think they win the division unless the Tigers make some moves before the deadline. Time to come back home and get some distance on the Twins and White Sox in the Central.

Congrats to Granderson, JV and Jackson for making the ASG. Vote for Brandon too even though Ian Kinsler probably deserves that last spot.

MAN! I swear, if Rodney doesn't come in in a save situation, his game goes totally to hell! Zoom and Rodney ruined a gem by Galarraga. Hopefully JV can get us a W tomorrow.

Congrats to Inge, glad to see someone who has to fight for everything he has get rewarded. It was pretty cool last year when a Grand Rapids press columunist criticized Inge and people wrote in and ripped that guy apart. Knock out a couple home runs Brandon.

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91