• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#41 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

we made it interesting, but alas, it was not to be. Halladay is a damn good pitcher. We got them tomorrow.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#42 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

Is it fair to say we may have some pitching issues?

#43 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hey, if it wasn't 3 bad innings, we had a shutout going!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#44 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

If Verlander is going to pitch like that all season, might as well wrap it up and call it a year right now.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#45 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

Good to see the Jays might actually have some bats this year. Lind & Snider are going to be a formidable duo for many years.

Pitching on the other hand.... unsure.gif

#46 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

$#%&@! Bullpen................................................this is the best we've got?

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#47 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Thats my boy Brandon! Thats why he has been my favorite player for years!

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#48 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

how bout that tigers bully?!?!?!? Typical Tigers game in which they took a dominate performance by Jackson and throw it right down the tube

#49 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Boy, it's a good thing we shored up the bullpen by signing all these great relief pitchers. Rincon and Lyon certainly have been masterful.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#50 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ April 7, 2009 - 07:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy, it's a good thing we shored up the bullpen by signing all these great relief pitchers. Rincon and Lyon certainly have been masterful.

Don't want to judge a person two games in, but Lyon gave me Grillie flashbacks!

#51 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

All that hard work by Jackson and our "awesome" bullpen let's him down. How man home runs are the guys out in the pen going to give up? Brandon is on a roll.

Sig by TeeMan

#52 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

On one hand, there's blame to go around after that one: in the top of the 8th the offence failing to add to a lead with the bases loaded; in the bottom of the 8th a bad bounce on Inge leading to an error and a ball sneaking under Everett's glove prolonging the inning before Rolen's bomb.

But you could also tell Leyland had no confidence to go to the bullpen in the 8th and stuck with Jackson longer than he wanted to. I hope Lyon's getting that out of his system.

Jackson, Cabrera, and Inge look great. I'm with you rwfan007--some people love to dump on him, but Brandon's been my favorite for years too.

Edited by Third Man In, 07 April 2009 - 09:55 PM.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#53 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Good job DD. Everyone in the world knew the bullpen sucked and you signed Brandon Lyon. It's going to be a long season unless we get a miracle turnaround in pitching.

#54 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:11 AM

I don't know about my favorite, there really have been a lot of good guys to choose from over the past couple years, but Inge has always been up there for sure. Dude has stuck with the Tigers through thick and thin. He'll play in his 1,000th game as a Tiger very soon. I always said he needs to play third and not catch and his hitting will be fine.
Posted Image

#55 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Brandon goes deep again! 3 HR in 3 games... seems alright to me.

Posted Image

#56 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

and theres a W... good game guys! Keep it up Brandon and Cabby!

Posted Image

#57 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Much better tonight. Miner got out of the first inning bases loaded, no out and cruised. I dont know who Perry is, but he's my new favorite bullpen pitcher.

#58 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ April 8, 2009 - 09:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Much better tonight. Miner got out of the first inning bases loaded, no out and cruised. I dont know who Perry is, but he's my new favorite bullpen pitcher.

Perry is the other hotshot rookie they brought north. He's supposed to have a pretty nasty fastball, but you must really hate our bullpen if that outing was enough to make him your favorite. I hope that was just majors-debut jitters and not his actual pitching style because Fernando Rodney is as much "wild, sometimes effectively" as I can take.
Posted Image

#59 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ April 8, 2009 - 10:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perry is the other hotshot rookie they brought north. He's supposed to have a pretty nasty fastball, but you must really hate our bullpen if that outing was enough to make him your favorite. I hope that was just majors-debut jitters and not his actual pitching style because Fernando Rodney is as much "wild, sometimes effectively" as I can take.

Oh, I reaaaaaaaaallly hate our bullpen. Seen too many wins lost in 10 relief pitches.

#60 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Unlikely major leaguers

Tigers fans should recognize two of the ten names from way back.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users