• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

2009 Detroit Tigers Season Thread

Rate this topic

I'm also going to continue the Inge love-fest for a little bit, if I may. Absolutely clutch fielding in the ninth there. No way Cabrera gets that ball, if he's at third instead of Inge. Everett would have gotten it and I don't think Everett would have been able to start the double play. Instead of no runners on and two outs, there'd be a runner on second and one out, which brings the tying run to the plate.

I am really encouraged by our starters thus far. A blip today by the pen, but otherwise they have been very good as well. This was just another "one bad inning" game. The offense was shut down by another good pitcher, but I really like how our starters are going this far in the season.

anyone catch Joel Zumaya's interview after last nights game? When he said how he cant stand the yankees...pretty funny. im trying to find a link to the clip but no luck.

Edited by wingsin4

and Dontrelle gets the ball tonight, lets see how this goes

I have him on my fantasy baseball team (not active of course) so here is to hoping that things go well tonight. Funny how i went from just having Verlander be my lone tiger on my team to getting both Mags and Dontrelle. I need both to step up for my moves to pay off.

It's my fault. Every time I turned on the game, the Tigers had a lead and then blew it as I watched. That's OK - any game in which Jimmy Leyland explodes at an ump is a plus in my book. One of baseball's greatest treats is watching a crotchety gray-haired old manager scream at the top of his lungs at a 270-pound umpire who is screaming back. Textbook ejection tantrum. Loved it, not least because Leyland sticks up for his players. Only thing it was missing was the old Earl Weaver dust-kicking.

did I mention that I really hate Joe Crede? That guy has had the tigers number for his whole career. JV with another GEM that gets spoiled by Crede and our pen. UGH!

BRANDON! Brandon and Ryan team up for a grand salami each! what an offensive power showcase! That is what happens to a team which commits 4 errors lol. Take advantage of what is given and good things will happen. 14-1!

I gotta say, Rod Allen might sound like a real bumpkin, but that man knows baseball better than 98% of commentators. He's got a real knack for calling things before they happen. And he's always got the little details for you, like "if the runner [who's stealing second] looks in at the plate as he's running, that's how you can tell the hit and run was on." He doesn't have the great voice that Kell and Kaline had, but damn if he ain't one of the smartest baseball men going.

I gotta say, Rod Allen might sound like a real bumpkin, but that man knows baseball better than 98% of commentators. He's got a real knack for calling things before they happen. And he's always got the little details for you, like "if the runner [who's stealing second] looks in at the plate as he's running, that's how you can tell the hit and run was on." He doesn't have the great voice that Kell and Kaline had, but damn if he ain't one of the smartest baseball men going.

You are right on his knack for the game, but wow I HATE listening to him!!!!! He drives me insane. I don't like listening to homer announcers even if it's for my team. I used to watch games muted, and would listen to the Dickerson on the radio, but now with HD TV the games are not in sync.

BTW what the heck is going on lately?! Lidstrom with 2 penalties, D-Train looks like him old self, and Lyon doesn't blow a game!!! Did hell freeze over?!