• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyerberger

Ken & Mickey

Rate this topic

Absolutely love them.

They are homers to an extent, but fair about. Complain about a bad penalty either way.

And with Murphy, he breaks down a play very well, and when he gets more comfortable with announcing he will make a great eventual replacement for Mick when he retires.

Absolutely love them.

They are homers to an extent, but fair about. Complain about a bad penalty either way.

And with Murphy, he breaks down a play very well, and when he gets more comfortable with announcing he will make a great eventual replacement for Mick when he retires.

I like Murph. He has a dry sense of humor that escapes some people. :)

I like Murph. He has a dry sense of humor that escapes some people. :)

not me, Murph makes me laugh. I loved him as a Wing player as well. Believe it or not, but in my opinion Murphy 's career was extended by playing with Lids, but I think playing with Murph helped make Lids the perennial norris winner he is, and i don't think that he gets enough credit for that.

I agree. I really like his announcing style...... I grew up with him announcing EA NHL games, and then when I finally realized he was on CBC doing Canucks games (and other Canadian playoff games), i was shocked that he actually announced REAL NHL games...... heh.

but yeah, I agree. Jim Hughson rocks. I also like Gary Thorne's voice a lot for announcing hockey, but i generally think he's an idiot, for the most part.

That's hilarious...even though they use Thorne/Clement on the EA games now, I STILL can't watch HNIC without thinking I'm playing a video game. I love how Hughson pronounces "Lilja" too: "Leeeeel-ya."

I'm in the boat of watching the games online, so I see a lot of different broadcasts. How can anyone have a problem with Strader/Pang? They're one of the best teams out there. Ken and Mickey are great too, one of the few teams where I don't mind listening to the banter. Razor and whoever the hell he's with (not that it matters) too. Just generalizing, I think the worst/biggest homers tend to be in the non-traditional markets, because they have a mandate to try and get people interested by pumping the team even if they suck.

woah woah woah guys....we cant forget about KEN KAL! HE SCOOOOORES!!

Ken, that play uhhhh started with uhhhh some nice work on the uhhhh backcheck by Henrik uhhhh Zetterberg, then Pavel uhhhh Datsyuk picked up the loose uhhhh puck and slid it over to Nick uhhhh Lidstrom...it's 2-nothing Detroit.

J/K I love Ken and Paul, they got me through many, many seasons, both online and later on XM before I was able to get Center Ice.

Ken and Mick are the best.( If Ken ever left, I'd want Chris Cuthbert. Always liked him.) We are blessed with not only a great team, but top notch announcers who know the game. Sure Mickey may complain, but I understand where he's coming from, and he does it for the opposing team as well. My only complaint is when Mick uses the telestrater for replays on goals. That blue marker covers everything up. Hate that.

Murph has improved, but he's better when he's breaking down plays during internission. He's not so good on goal replays. Mickey is the best at that.

I remember how bad Doug Brown was, when he had his "tryout" to replace Mick on the road. Every goal was the same. "There it is." Drove me nuts. Pat Verbeek was good, and Shawn Burr too.

Can't..........stand..........Keating...........not....funny......at all.

haha! oh, but i have!

if i'm drinking ginger ale, you bet your ass it's vernors. nothing else tastes like home!

haha...but typically i'm drinking "ginger ale", mick's got celiac's disease and so he can't drink most beers. i pick up his slack. it's a tough, thankless job, but someone has to do it.

Oh, and I know you just hate that.

Edited by Datsyerberger

It's hard to beat Ken and Mick... real hard. another duo i love to Clement and Thone... when i hear them, all i think about is red wings palyoff hockey. Those intense battles with colorado. that really sends a shiver up my spine.

You really gotta love Mick though, him and his ginger ales

Edited by Mac is Back