• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

San Jose Sharks @ Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

When the Boston Bruins traded perennial All-Star center Joe Thornton to the San Jose Sharks during the 2005-06 season, both struggling clubs were looking to find a way out of last place in their divisions.

A little over three years later, their paths have again led to the same place -- the top of the NHL.

The conference leaders and Presidents' Trophy contenders meet for the only time in the regular season on Tuesday in Boston, where the Sharks will continue a five-game road trip and look to end their longest losing streak of the season.

Preview

puck seemed to be sitting between the circles forever.

When Savard lost the puck he did a flying leap into the incoming defender, and his prone body blocked off him and the other Shark in the area, giving Wideman time to come down from the point and put it on goal. Like I said, very clever, subtle interference.

Aaand Rob Blake proves that it's never a bad idea to shoot the puck.

Guest DetroitBoy313

I might be shot for saying this but man I just don't buy into the Bruins hype yet.Am I the only one that feels this way? I think they are feeding on a weak eastern conference.

I might be shot for saying this but man I just don't buy into the Bruins hype yet.Am I the only one that feels this way? I think they are feeding on a weak eastern conference.

I think they're for real, the best in the East in my opinion. We'll see I guess

Obvious high stick penalty right in front of a ref and the Bruins player draws blood. And....... no call, ofcourse. Seriously, officiating has become the biggest joke of the NHL.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Obvious high stick penalty right in front of a ref and the Bruins player draws blood. And....... no call, ofcourse. Seriously, officiating has become the biggest joke of the NHL.

Because Bettman loves Cindy. Totally irrelevant to this game, but Pens always has an advantage of the referee. Like Dan O Holloran also hates us. Funny thing is NHL knows this and they don't change it which is unacceptable.

I disagree. I think San Jose could make it. But Boston is not as good as their record shows. Tim Thomas is playing way over his head, and will not be able to take them through the playoffs, in my opinion.
Who do you see out in the East that makes it?

Who do you see out in the East that makes it?

I think it is mostly a crap shoot. Anyone that makes the east is going to have a chance. Once Brodeur is back I think the Devils have a shot to make an impact. If the Habs can get healthy and make the right trades at the deadline they have a chance, and Washington could make it (their goaltending hurts the cause). I really see anyone in the east with a good shot, but my eastern favorite at this point is honestly New Jersey. They've put up huge stats with Weekes and Clemmenson in net. With Brodeur back, and finally restexd for a playoffs they could roll through the east.

I think it is mostly a crap shoot. Anyone that makes the east is going to have a chance. Once Brodeur is back I think the Devils have a shot to make an impact. If the Habs can get healthy and make the right trades at the deadline they have a chance, and Washington could make it (their goaltending hurts the cause). I really see anyone in the east with a good shot, but my eastern favorite at this point is honestly New Jersey. They've put up huge stats with Weekes and Clemmenson in net. With Brodeur back, and finally restexd for a playoffs they could roll through the east.

I agree. I'd say Devils, Habs, Washington, and then Boston...but really, anyone in the east if they do the right things in the first couple rounds