• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Top 3 All Time Antagonists

Rate this topic

I was watching the Ducks Flames game tonight (good game) and I couldn['t help but reflect how much I dislike Chris Pronger, Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry. Despite their obvious talent I honestly would never ever want either of those three on the Wings and wish nothing but failure for those bastards.

This got me thinking, the last time I disliked NHL players on one team so strongly it was the trio of Adam Foote, Patrick Roy and Claude Lemieux.

Just curious what your top three hated players on one roster are, and for discussion purposes, your top 3 all time hated players in the league.

Same team:

1. Roy

2. Lemieux

3. Foote

All time (subject to change)

1. Lemieux

2. Ed Belfour

3. Ulf Samuelsson

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Roy-Hated everything about him. His arrogance being the chief thing, he really did believe his own press. I remember when the dives retired his number, the announcer said something of the effect like "now to the rafters, the greatest goalie in the history of the NHL" you could see Roy nodding his head in agreement. Made me sick.

Stevens-Some people will question this pick, but i've just never liked the guy. I guess its' one of those things, his game was to hurt people, that's what he added. Granted he did it in spectacular and very legal ways and he was a great D man, i just don't care for the fact that he ended or great inhibited several players careers after a few playoffs series against him.

Pronger-Arrogant, looks to injure, is about 1000000000 times overrated. Will be known as that "other" Defensemen from the lidstrom era.

Pepe LePew, Patty Roy and Pete Forsberg. I hated Forsberg and that stupid open-mouth look he always had on his face.

forsberg_avs_getty_400.jpg

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH.

Anyway, with a close fourth going to that total dick, Marc Crawford.

Yzerman/Lidstrom Era:

--Pronger (for the attempt at Stevie's knee, although the outcome was delightfully karmic)

--Claude "the fraud" Lemieux (scum bag who delighted in being a cheap f*****, although he was clutch for the Devils)

--Roy (purely for the arrogance, although his exchange, via media, with Roenick, is one of my all time favourite media moments involving the NHL)

Datsyuk/Zetterberg Era:

--Pronger (still a ******* scumbag, his antics with Holmstrom proved it for the thousandth time, as did his calf stomping adventure)

--Tootoo (a scumbag little ball of hate, lack of ethics and poor sportsmanship, I hate him with every fibre of my being)

--Perry (a ***** of the highest order who wouldn't say a word to someone bigger than him but delights in trying to threaten smaller, but infinitely more impactful, players like Datsyuk (much to Datsyuk's amusement))

Yea, damn that smarmy bastard for having a career .920 SV% in the playoffs for the Wings.

Plenty of other threads for that kind of debate. No need for it here...

My list...

Claude Lemieux

Chris Pronger

Jordin Tootoo (mostly because of that damn TooToo whistle at the Sommet center...)

Same team

1 perry

2 pronger

3_________

Around the league

1 Avery

2 Ott

3 Perry

all 3 go after the smaller guys but they dont step up to the big boys

All time

1 Claude

2 Avery

3 Foppa

My Favorites

1 Pat "The Little Ball of Hate" Verbeek

2 Theo Fleury he was CRAZY!!!

3 The Hansens

1) Claude "The Turle" Lemieux

2) Patrick "Waaaaaa" Roy

3) Chris "The Law Of Physics" Pronger

1) Claudia, not much to explain there. He is the cheapest of all cheap shot artists and created a what was nothing short of a fairy tail where the Red Wings brawled with the Avs, a fight started by, no joke, IGOR LARIONOV, where McCarty suckered Claudia into a turtle shell and Mike Vernon kicked the every loving s*** out of Patrick Waaaa. Then the Wings come from behind, get it to overtime, and McCarty, still pumped up from handing out Claudia's ass on a plate, score a mother freaking overtime goal and starts spinning around on the ice like a dredel. You simply can't beat that. And then the icing on the cake is a successful stanley cup run that involves eliminating the Colorado Avalanche.

2) Patrick Waaaa is an arrogant cry baby. The thing that pissed me off the most was Waaaaa getting away with removing the testicles of our forwards with his goal stick. Also, the stupid son of a ***** wore a jersey that doubled as a parachute for dropping military vehicles from cargo planes.

3) Pronger is a son of a *****. He's a cry baby. But the thing that pisses me off the most is the hit he put on Holmstrom. Pronger then claimed he didn't do anything wrong. Since when is elbowing someone in the back of the head and sending their face in the boards acceptable? I guess it's easy to say when you're too tall to have it done back to you. Although, I must say that I am glad Pronger is all right after what happened to him in the playoffs the one year when the puck hit his chest causing a cardiac arrest, that was very scary.

Well this boat can float both ways...

My Top 3 start with my favorites (the ones I like).

1. Kirk Maltby - Dictionary - Antagonize: to incur or provoke the hostility of. There should be a picture of Maltby in the dictionary to go along with that explanation, I have seen him draw so many penalties over the years, this guy just get's into guys heads, I doubt we will ever hear him "micked up" but it would be awesome.

2. Joe Kocur

3. Hansen Bros

Top 3 I do not like.

1. Lemieux - Obvious.

2. Crosby - just because he is forced down my throat.

3. OTT - I just do not like that guy.

Oh and I would add Roloson for smashing Cleary in the nuggets if the wings had not chased him out in the 8-3 blowout...

"You don't smash a man by the pills. That's just not right."

Edited by talex

Boy, just 3 is tough.

Fraud Lemeiux - I remember another game where he spent the entire game going after Kozie (remember little Kozlov, I loved that little guy). McCarty is out there on one scrum and can't get to Lemeiux because some damn linesman wouldn't let go, and Fraud just kept crosschecking Kozie (during the scrum, the little coward). McCarty was so hot and I wanted to climb through the TV.

Well I don't know if anyone else remembers that but it is burned into my brain.

Ott - Whiner extrodinaire and such a tough guy, against other non-tough guys.

The entire Av team in the 6-0 wipe out in the playoffs, when they resorted to continuos 2 handed slashes (when will the refs get the balls to just keep sending players to the dressing room, until the other team can field just one player.

Tootoo is a pain in the ass, but at least he doesn't run away from a fight.

Add in Mick McGeough while you're at it...

Nah, while I certainly don't like Magoo, he's not biased.. just incompetent. At least I know his GI no goal arm shaking could potentially be at any target.

When O'Halloran is around, however...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

(in no particular order)

Claude Lemieux

Esa Tikannen

Sean Avery

Dale Hunter

Jordin Tootoo

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest micah

1) Kirk Maltby. I loathe him. Trash-talkers who back it up are among my favorite players. Trash-talkers who don't back it up are my least favorite. Trash-talkers who don't back it up and play on the team that I pull for are my bitter enemies. I cannot stand Kirk Maltby. I do not like people who shoot their mouths off and push and shove but are too cowardly to fight. I don't like that on a playground, in a bar or on the ice. that's garbage. If you want to be an agitater, great, just man up and drop your gloves when you get the invite. I don't like it when ******* talk smack.

Lemieux, Pronger, Tootoo, Samuellson, Ott, Avery - yes, all of those guys are mouthy and have been cheap at times, but at least they could all handle themselves and weren't afraid to answer the call with their fists a few times a year throughout their careers when the situation dictated. While none of them were really enforcers, they were all pretty good at taking care of themselves too. Kirk Maltby is the #1 all-time league ***** in my book. Mostly because he's a Wing and I'm ashamed of it, as I hold teams I like to a higher standard than those I don't.