• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 3

Rate this topic

Going to the game tonight, w00t! I'm calling it 4-1 for the Wings. Steve Mason is apparently over his mono sickness and will play if ready.

Isn't this Datsyuk's 500th game?

Yes it is. And he's only 7 points away from 500 for his career. Not half bad.

I'll go with you all on the hattie for Pasha...he's due. I'd love to see it happen. I'll not predict a score, but 7 in a row sounds awfully nice.

Go Wings!

He's only got the one playoff hattie against Dallas. He's come close quite a few times, but never hit it. Let's hope he finally does - this would be a great night for it.

Yes it is. And he's only 7 points away from 500 for his career. Not half bad.

I'll go with you all on the hattie for Pasha...he's due. I'd love to see it happen. I'll not predict a score, but 7 in a row sounds awfully nice.

Go Wings!

Sooo... Pav needs seven points tonight for 500 points in 500 games... 3 goals, 4 assists? 4 goals 3 assists? 7 goals?

8-2 Wings! Woot! ;)

Wow. I never thought Babcock would put him in 2 nights straight. I guess that's why Babcock coaches the Wings and I'm a player/coach on a last place beer league team in Grand Rapids.

:lol:

Wow. I never thought Babcock would put him in 2 nights straight. I guess that's why Babcock coaches the Wings and I'm a player/coach on a last place beer league team in Grand Rapids.

HAHA! That's priceless Icer.

uh oh... back to back for Ozzie. All eyes will be watching.

With regards to Osgood I think fans and detractors alike can *mostly* agree on the following:

1. He has played subpar so far this year. I say this even given the considerable blame which should go to the defense in front of him. The numbers basically don't lie.

2. It seems highly unlikely the Ozzie we've seen so far this season will be good enough for a cup repeat.

The open question is: How much better does our defense have to play to offset the goaltending gap in order to have a chance at the cup?

My hypothesis is: If Osgood continues to play at the same level he has all season, then a cup repeat is highly unlikely regardless of what the defense does in front of him.

So given that, I am scrutinizing Osgood closely in every game looking for signs of a turn-around. I have not noticed, yet, a significant change in his positioning and rebound control, which have both been off all season.

Last night's win did nothing one way or other to convince me the turn-around is underway. Let's hope tonight starts the metamorphosis.

HAHA! That's priceless Icer.

It would be funny, except it's true. My team is currently putting together a Detroit Lions calibre season. Winless in 20 games and counting. Man do we suck.

As for Osgood, I don't think he needs to put up numbers like last year for the Wings to win a Cup but he does need to be consistent. Oh, and stop a breakaway every once and a while. That would be nice.

It would be funny, except it's true. My team is currently putting together a Detroit Lions calibre season. Winless in 20 games and counting. Man do we suck.

As for Osgood, I don't think he needs to put up numbers like last year for the Wings to win a Cup but he does need to be consistent. Oh, and stop a breakaway every once and a while. That would be nice.

Pretty sure he had two saves against Phoenix where the player was all alone.

But of course we have to make it specific because Osgood should always expect 2 or 3 breakaways a game. Especially with this team. Shame on him.

Man.. my atdhe.net is not opening. Am I the only guy whose has computer that does not work for atdhe.net today?

It's not working for me either. :ranting: