• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/15 GDT: Avalanche 6, Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

CAN THE WINGS OWNERSHIP&MANAGEMENT JUST FORGET ABOUT LOYALTY FOR ONCE AND HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM ON THE ICE EVERY NIGHT!??!?!? that should be like the number 1 rule for every GM, but not in detroit nooo... we must let the old shadow-of-their-prime players to play duuuuhuhuhuhu the fans demand it seriously.

Edited by mindfly

Why not? I don't see any impossibility that Osgood will be traded. He is OSBAD

Actually I prefer Notsogood.

Babcock...you better get your head out of your ass and do something about this!!! If you can't see it after tonight's performance then you truly are blind....5 goals on 27 shots?!?!....first he can't beat the lowly Blue Jackets....now this! Get either Toskala, Giguire, I don't care! Somebody else who with Conklin is gonna get the job done...not barely squeak by cause his offense continuously bails him out! For the love of

God management do something! Ozzie...your done!

it's not like the Wings have a 20 point lead in the standings. They're trying to ensure home-ice. Throwing away points right now isn't the best idea.

And for as successful as Osgood has been in the playoffs in the past, he's also had numerous meltdowns, too.

Regardless of whether or not Conklin is "proven" in the playoffs, I know for one thing he's work damn hard this regular season and deserves to be named the starter.

I have supported Osgood all season but enough is enough, through out his terrible play i have stuck by and said that he will pull through but give me something to hang my ******* hat on this is just pathetic now, i have no choice but to say im done with him, Conklin in NOW!

Guest MrSandMan
Haha. YES. THE AVS DON'T HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE AND YET THEY SCORED 5 GOALS ON OZZIE. Thank you for seeing it my way, finally.

I am a true fan - thats why I get upset when one of our guys hurts our chances of winning. You aren't really a true fan if you want to see your team constantly have 3 or more goals scored against them.

The statistics don't support Ozzies game. His performance doesn't support his game. And his career doesn't support his game. He won a cup in 1998, and yet between then and 2008, hes found himself as the back-up several times. So, in general, even his career doesn't support his game.

Spoken like a true back peddler! First you suggest the Wings offense were too tired after scoring 5 goals for not scoring more in the SO, now you say Avs don't have the depth of the Wings, despite them bringing more offense in the Shoot Out. Ozzy did great in the SO, but I doubt you'll agree. You're probably still crying about only getting one point today.

I'm not a "true fan" because I'm not one to have a fair weathered persona. The sky isn't falling as much as you try to convince everyone that it is, Wings are #3 in NHL and are on pace to becoming #2, behind Boston. Wow, total failure!

I won't gouge out my eyes with a rusted fork if Wings don't win the cup every year for the next 20 years....., if that makes me less of a fan, then so be it. Doesn't change the fact that your still the biggest whine ass on the forum. You're ****** must really hurt tonight.

Right on. Who's happy about today? No one. Who's happy about Osgood's play today? No one. But he's our #1. I don't care how bad Osgood looks or how well Conklin's looked this season, Osgood's #1 going in and he won us a Cup in stellar fashion 8 months ago. I'm not happy, but I want him to get going. Seeing as he's going to be the starter, I'm not going to throw him under the bus. I'm going to keep supporting him. Hell, if I were coach, he'd be starting every game until he started showing consistency as opposed to the opposite. You've got to get him going. Manny, I mean Ty is not the answer.

He also won us a cup 11 years ago as well. And between 1998 and 2008, he had plenty of rough seasons, and played a couple seasons as back-up. This idea that Osgood has somehow always been the goaltender that won us the cup last season is simply not true. He had a great season last year - one of his career seasons - and before that, he has some bad seasons too - both as a starter, and as a back-up.

Now, I like Ozzie personally, because hes a great team guy, but he was never a consistent guy from year to year, and his career is a testament to that.

Osgood is an avg goalie at best, he always has and always will be. He's a goal tender that will keep you in games, he won't win you many games but he won't lose you many. Unfortunately that time has passed and he is starting to cost them or come close to costing them games. I know the def was sloppy at times, but still osgood has to come up with most of those saves. On top of that, draper and matlby can't be in the lineup anymore. They are too much of a liability. Maltby either is lazy, doesn't have the heart anymore or just doesn't have the speed anymore, but ive seen way to many times where he should be in lanes and is too slow getting to it. draper tries harder but just doesnt have it anymore either. His only job is faceoffs, and although he was good tonight, lately he has been doing nothing but getting kicked out of the circle anyyways. Come playoffs, I think our optimal line up has to be:

Datsyuk Zets Homer

Cleary Hossa Franzen

Samuelsson(as much as i wish it wasnt) Filppula Hudler

Leino Helm Kopecky (yes I think he is better now than maltby and draper) the only problem is he always gets stuck on aline with those two

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart

Liljia I'd prefer Ericsson but i guess lebda

Everyone here knows that the fans have no faith in Osgood. The coaches and the other players will "TELL" you that they still believe in Ozzie and that they need to work hard while he is in net. They may say that to the media and say it publicly. But you know as well as I do that the players and coaches are losing faith in him.

We take the lead into the period, 3-2, we have leads of 4-3 and 5-4 against the worst team in the western conference.

Spoken like a true back peddler! First you suggest the Wings offense were too tired after scoring 5 goals for not scoring more in the SO, now you say Avs don't have the depth of the Wings, despite them bringing more offense in the Shoot Out. Ozzy did great in the SO, but I doubt you'll agree. You're probably still crying about only getting one point today.

I'm not a "true fan" because I'm not one to have a fair weathered persona. The sky isn't falling as much as you try to convince everyone that it is, Wings are #3 in NHL and are on pace to becoming #2, behind Boston. Wow, total failure!

I won't gouge out my eyes with a rusted fork if Wings don't win the cup every year for the next 20 years....., if that makes me less of a fan, then so be it. Doesn't change the fact that your still the biggest whine ass on the forum. You're ****** must really hurt tonight.

Haha - I'm quite lost on how you're interpreting this. Let me break it down for you - The Wings have a great offense that scored 5 goals in regulation. They didn't in the shootout. Osgood let in 5 goals to a piss poor offense in regulation, and he let in more goals than Raycroft did in the shootout. One of those units did their job at least in one regard - and it was the most important one - 60 minutes of regulation play. One of those units didn't do his job in either regard. If he had done his job in regulation, the shootout would be a moot point. And the fact that he only had to keep 1 goal out of his net against a horrid Colorado team and couldn't speaks volumes.

Sorry you don't quite have a handle on logic.

And the Wings aren't on pace to become #2 behind Boston - unless you can't do standard math and see that the Sharks have played 3 games fewer than the Wings have and are still ahead.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with being a fair-weathered fan. Thats simply a term you use to detract from the validity of mine and others statements. Unlike you, I want to see my team do whatever they can to get the points they need.

Also, in general, do people even know what a fair-weathered fan is? Its a person who only wants to associate with a team when they're dominating. I'm wasting my time on this board because I care. Why would I do otherwise if I didn't? That term in general needs to stop being thrown around on this board, because it doesnt apply to anyone here, despite our player preferences.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

There is a difference between being a fair weather fan and being passionate about winning. None of us (at least not myself) are going to never watch a red wings game again if we don't win the cup. THAT is what a fair weather fan is, only rooting for a team when they're winning. I'm a Red Wings fan through and through, if we turned into the islanders I'd still not be able to not watch the wings play. You're not a fair weather fan just because you get mad when your team losses for whatever reason. If anything it makes you a "truer" fan for being more passionate about a team. We WANT to win every year and though we know we're not going to if there is such a glaring hole in your team as osgood is it's frustrating.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry guys....we'll be fine....Ozzie was only OKAY last year in the playoffs. That's all we need. we'll be fine. No need to panic. I will agree though that we need to start Conks and officially make Ozzie our #2

Just watching this game early on was a good indicator the Wings weren't bringing it today. It took a spat of power-plays in the second period to even get the juices flowing.

The effort today, from goal on out, was pathetically bad. The only guy that seemed to be giving a full effort today was Helm.

Definitely a phone-it-in effort.

For what it's worth, reading the GDT today has made this loss approximately 10x more depressing. The way all of the negativity feeds off of itself in here is fascinatingly repulsive. For those of you questioning Ozzie's passion, do you honestly think Ozzie doesn't feel infinitely worse about this loss than any of us fans? Peace out.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry guys....we'll be fine....Ozzie was only OKAY last year in the playoffs. That's all we need. we'll be fine. No need to panic. I will agree though that we need to start Conks and officially make Ozzie our #2

Actually Ozzie was pretty damn good in the playoffs last season. He made a lot of tough stops. Stops that he's not making this year.

Guest MrSandMan
The irony is, most of the people who were "hating on" Hasek last year, and supporting Osgood, are the same folks who are "hating on" Ozzie, and supporting Conklin.

I don't understand what it is with people defending certain players just because of the name on the jersey. Most sensible fans don't care about they name - they care about the performance.

Wow, you really are clueless. I was a supporter of Hasek last year, all year. I still liked Ozzy, but I knew Hasek was going to be our #1 and totally wanted him to play like a mad dog in the playoffs.

Now, this year, I support Ozzy. He is our #1 going into the playoffs no matter how loud cry and stomp your feet.

CAN THE WINGS OWNERSHIP&MANAGEMENT JUST FORGET ABOUT LOYALTY FOR ONCE AND HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM ON THE ICE EVERY NIGHT!??!?!? that should be like the number 1 rule for every GM, but not in detroit nooo... we must let the old shadow-of-their-prime players to play duuuuhuhuhuhu the fans demand it seriously.

You write like Semin fights.

Guest MrSandMan
it's not like the Wings have a 20 point lead in the standings. They're trying to ensure home-ice. Throwing away points right now isn't the best idea.

And for as successful as Osgood has been in the playoffs in the past, he's also had numerous meltdowns, too.

Regardless of whether or not Conklin is "proven" in the playoffs, I know for one thing he's work damn hard this regular season and deserves to be named the starter.

I wouldn't have started Ozzy in all three games (only two of the three), but I do understand that Babs wants to get him going.

I wonder if anybody here who defends Osgood would react the same way if this was the playoffs and he tanked another game.

I doubt we'd be calm about this.

There is no way we should EVER lose a game when leading at three different points in the third period.

No. Ozzie was good, if not great, last year in the playoffs. He hasn't been that this year.

I have supported Osgood all season but enough is enough, through out his terrible play i have stuck by and said that he will pull through but give me something to hang my ******* hat on this is just pathetic now, i have no choice but to say im done with him, Conklin in NOW!

His last couple starts were fine. And though I'll tarred and feathered for saying so, tonight's didn't phase me. I think he played bad and should've stopped some of those goals and you obviously want that first one back, but there were a lot of weird plays/bounces too as well as some truly great saves as well that make this a bit easier to swallow for me. I'm not happy for it and I would've loved for him to come out and play like he did the last couple games, but I don't think he went completely backwards either.

And honestly, again, considering that he will be the starting goalie, I wish Babcock would cut this competition stuff and just keep playing Osgood for awhile. Even if it means we lose a lot of ugly games. We need to get Osgood going. I stress NEED. We're not trading for another goalie and the only thing more idiotic than thinking Osgood's played well this season is thinking Conklin has what it takes to carry a team in the playoffs with his five minutes of experience and all.

Every goalie has stolen a game this year, Craig Anderson, Mike Smith, these young guys being called up by Ottawa and Tampa (Elliot and McKenna) but when a veteran cannot just be good enough there is a problem, im rooting for Osgood to turn it around and be the #1 for the playoffs but right now its Conklin, i dont know how anyone can see it any other way.