• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PRStoetzer

Penguins fire Michel Therrien

Rate this topic

Stay tuned for a presser where Therrien blames the move on obstruction.

P.S. Great to hear, couldn't stand that whiney *****.

Hmmm, didn't see that coming until maybe the offseason. Can't stand the guy but he did take them to the SCF last year - they just ran head on into a much superior team. :rolleyes:

For entertainment's sake, I hope the Pens squeak in and displace one of the southern teams - just my preference. But all in all, don't really care what happens in the east too much...

Too little, too late. There might be an initial bump of wins, but I honestly don't see the Pens going 16-9 (which they would have to to get to 91 points, which wasn't even good enough for the postseason in the EC last year) down the stretch, new coach or not. Everyone in the East has at least a game in hand on them and they're five points out of a playoff spot right now - take into account games in hand and they're potentially as much as 7-9 points out of contention.

Too little, too late. There might be an initial bump of wins, but I honestly don't see the Pens going 16-9 (which they would have to to get to 91 points, which wasn't even good enough for the postseason in the EC last year) down the stretch, new coach or not. Everyone in the East has at least a game in hand on them and they're five points out of a playoff spot right now - take into account games in hand and they're potentially as much as 7-9 points out of contention.

Yeah, i saw somewhere that if playoff teams keep up their pace then Pitt would need 95 points to get in, which would be 18-7, a tough task for a sub .500 team.

Edited by Dano33

Took long enough.

The Penguins are a mess. To think that a team that's almost certain to have two top-three scorers might not even make the playoffs is laughably inexcusable.

i suspect they waited too long on this one. with the amount of talent on that team they have no excuse not to make the playoffs. even when the wings had bad seasons they still made the playoffs (recently i mean, not all time).