• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PRStoetzer

Penguins fire Michel Therrien

Rate this topic

Wow, I never really thought about it. I wonder how much of Hossa`s decision had to do with coaching, if any?

How can you play under a coach that hangs his team out to dry like this:

Compared to Babcock the difference is like night and day.

And Therrien has the ability to come off like almost as big a whiner after winning as after losing. It's amazing.

Pittsburgh does have more problems than just Therrien though.

Edited by dat's sick

Wow, I never really thought about it. I wonder how much of Hossa`s decision had to do with coaching, if any?

I seem to remember something about the reason he didn't want to be there wasn't because of the players and it wasn't because of the GM, so what does that leave?

I'll have to search for a source.

Put it all together.

Hossa turning down a massive, long-term deal to play on a team with two of the league's premiere forwards. Couple that with the baffling lack of success that the defending Eastern conference champions are having.

If I had to guess, I would say that there is something seriously wrong in the Pen's dressing room, something that Hossa saw during his tenure there that made him walk out the door. If this is the case, I would say that, at worse, Michelle was part of the problem, or at best, just a less then competent coach who could find no way to rally his uber-talented club. Either way, he deserves to have been fired....and he's a prick.

As for the locker room problem, and this is pure speculation for the fun of it, how many of you think it has to do with the fact that the team's two super stars are a pair of the most flavourless, boring individuals that the game has seen in recent memory (this may be a bit harsh towards Malkin as he really knows no English). Perhaps it is a general lack of chemistry, even just a lack of fun. Then reverse situations and look at the Wings, an organization that puts a high premium on chemistry and building a very family-like atmosphere (from the front office down), and you've got Hossa telling that press that he will take a discount to stay here.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Guest CaliWingsNut
sweet. Grand Haven native behind the bench now. maybe he'll turn Cindy into a man..

I'd think Steve Y, Kenny , and Babcock (my guess for coach) will have more of a hand in that during the Olympics next year.

Guest CaliWingsNut
http://tsn.ca/

penn_58486.jpg

They even manage to ONCE AGAIN get da ***** in the picture. :battle:

Looks like he's getting a head start on that playoff beard (as if they have a chance), or better termed his anti-beard. heh

Edited by CaliWingsNut

In response to the Video:

1) My parents have been in the U.S. for 16 years and know better English than him....

2) My grandma who has been in the U.S. for 8 years knows the difference between dissapoint and dissapointed.

3) I wish there was a players response video to his post game conference.

I maintain that that mass exodus the Pens incurred in the offseason wasn't just down to them losing in the finals...

I said almost EXACTLY the same thing over the summer of letsgopens.com and was ROASTED by Pens fans. I should dig up that post and show it to them again. :)

Bout time. Personally if I was the penguins brass, I'd have fired his ass after his public whining about obstruction in the finals last year. My friend lives in pits and hates the guy and thinks half the players would play much better with ANYONE else because they hate him.