• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PRStoetzer

Penguins fire Michel Therrien

Rate this topic

Therrien was hired as the new Head Coach of the Penguins on December 15, 2005; a mid-season replacement for:

Ed Olczyk.

And Olczyk, as I maintained during his entire (short) tenure there, couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Guest Shoreline

Just because the team went to the SCF with him doesn't mean it's an excuse for the horrible moves and play this team has been a part of this season. Big shakeup is necessary and can't fire Fleury with his fat contract.

Just because the team went to the SCF with him doesn't mean it's an excuse for the horrible moves and play this team has been a part of this season. Big shakeup is necessary and can't fire Fleury with his fat contract.

Yep. I still maintain that their run to the SCF was the result of riding hot on two of the top 10 players in the league, and a hot goaltender. When they all ran out of steam and/or got shut down by the Detroit system, and Therrien failed to adapt coaching wise and their lack of depth became apparent, they got hammered.

Dan Bylsma, played on the same ice i play on. In Muskegon.. good to see muskegon area people making a stamp on sports.

Bylsma - Pens Coach

Abdelkader - Griffins Player

Herremans - Eagles Guard

Taylor - UM Defensive Tackle

Johnson - USC Wide Out.

McLouth - Pirates Outfielder.

Im sure there are more.. but those are the notables.

My sources are telling me that Gary Bettman is the frontrunner right now to take over as their coach for next season.

He will probably resume his duties as commissioner despite his position with the team.

Stay tuned for more on this story later.

My sources are telling me that Gary Bettman is the frontrunner right now to take over as their coach for next season.

He will probably resume his duties as commissioner despite his position with the team.

Stay tuned for more on this story later.

Gary Bettman seems to be happy with his job as Cindy Crosby's Personal Assistant AKA Commissioner of the NHL, so I doubt that will happen.

2-2 against the Isles and soon it'll go into a shootout.

I was expecting Bylsma to win his first game convincingly,as new coaches often do.

Edit: They lost in a shootout. Poor Bylsma,his honeymoon was cut short.

In fact he didn't even have one.

Edited by FinRedWing

2-2 against the Isles and soon it'll go into a shootout.

I was expecting Bylsma to win his first game convincingly,as new coaches often do.

Joey Mac shuts em down. 2-1 in the shootout for the Isles.

Front page news in my neck of the woods

Dan Bylsma, played on the same ice i play on. In Muskegon.. good to see muskegon area people making a stamp on sports.

Bylsma - Pens Coach

Abdelkader - Griffins Player

Herremans - Eagles Guard

Taylor - UM Defensive Tackle

Johnson - USC Wide Out.

McLouth - Pirates Outfielder.

Im sure there are more.. but those are the notables.

A fellow West Michigander :) Go Lumberjacks!