• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings Trade Deadline Predicitions

Rate this topic

Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- 254 LGWers who want Kenny to trade for a goalie.

- 254 LGWers who think that's silly.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 27 serious "Lilja and a pick for Crosby" suggestions.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

- 1 suspension and/or bannination.

- 1 very minor actual trade.

- and a partridge in a pair tree!!! :D

If you are referring to the Filppula/Kronwall for Horton/Bouwmeester deal, you are way off. Horton is a MUCH better forward than Filppula and is the same age. Flip is better defensively, but Horton is capable defensively. Bouwmeester is better than Kronwall at both ends.

If that trade were made, and the Wings go with a Lidstrom/Rafalski/Stuart/Ericsson/Lilja/Meech/Lebda defense unit for next season, then the Wings have cleared up $1.1m in cap space and improved their forward corps. Now, how does swapping out Kronwall for Ericsson change the defense, and is the $1.1m enough extra space to retain all of Hossa/Hudler/Franzen? Even if it's not, it means allowing Franzen to walk as a UFA and replace him with Leino is much easier, and then the team is much younger as well while still having a power forward in Horton.

I just love it how everyone seems to be throwing out the hypotheticals that mostly involve us getting rid of Franzen. Heck, there was an entire thread dedicated to it the other day (Hudler vs Franzen). The reason it is so amusing to me is all these people want to keep Huds and get rid of Franzen, except for the Wings managment. They seem to think the complete opposite, if you believe anything they have been saying for the past month. I just think it's funny that everyone says how great the Wings management is, yet all of us fans know more than they do. Sorry, didn't mean to pinpoint you, but it just seems there are alot of folks ready to get rid of Franzen to keep Huds. Very interesting stuff.

Why do we want Neil? What does he bring that Downey doesn't? Downey doesn't play at all so i can't see why they would go after someone like this. Am I missing something?

You havent seen Neil play. Like, at all. Dude was huge for Ottawa in 07, he and Fisher were every bit as important as the Big 3 that year.

You havent seen Neil play. Like, at all. Dude was huge for Ottawa in 07, he and Fisher were every bit as important as the Big 3 that year.

i dunno, maybe he comes to life when he is playing important games, but what ive seen from him this year is nothin more than what Downey can do.

Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- 254 LGWers who want Kenny to trade for a goalie.

- 254 LGWers who think that's silly.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 27 serious "Lilja and a pick for Crosby" suggestions.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

- 1 suspension and/or bannination.

- 1 very minor actual trade.

ya know, that sounds about right!!

To anyone who says that trading Mikael Samuelsson somehow helps retain anyone, you are a moron. He's a UFA. By keeping him around, you have a depth forward. What good does trading him for a pick do? We get the cap space even if we hold him.

Secondly, trading him to "save room" financially for Helm or Abdelkader is unnecessary. There is no salary cap in the playoffs.

How is detroit gonna win a cup with osbad? (and no he won't magically play better just like that come playoff time)

Its unbelievable that a lot them still thihk we have a chance to repeat with Osbeen

How is detroit gonna win a cup with osbad? (and no he won't magically play better just like that come playoff time)

Its unbelievable that a lot them still thihk we have a chance to repeat with Osbeen. At least it good for laughs.

Guest Shoreline
Its unbelievable that a lot them still thihk we have a chance to repeat with Osbeen

Oh look, another bandwagoner who just came here to bash a player he doesn't like on the team from Day 1 and nothing else..

Why aren't I surprised.

Edited by Shoreline

For anyone who is remotely hoping for a goaltending trade.... It's not gonna happen.

ken holland will not trade for a goal tender

Ya your probably right, but there's a thin slice of a chance with all those voodoo hexes I'm presently conjuring. But seriously what a pathetic situation if nothing happens with this the most vulnerable part of our game. By the way I like Conklin, however I wish he had someone competent beside him.

Have faith my young padwan..... you are too quick to jump off the wagon!

I'm sure you would find that many Wing fans were never on any bandwagon with Osgood ever, even with the Cups. But now with his goaltending abilities reallly deteroiating he's now doubly hard to stomach. But at least he's got people like you in his corner!

Guest Shoreline

Someone is gonna need to educate boomer on the quote function before it's too late.

ya know, that sounds about right!!

He missed one:

"Five LGWers that quit the forums for at least a time and and abandon their Wings fandom, until there's an opportunity to jump back on the bandwagon, in outrage at a move Kenny did/didn't make at the deadline, thus cementing in their mind that the Wings will get spanked in the playoffs, likely the first round. This could be related to any of the below:

Goaltending

Enforcers

Defense

Coaching

Fedoras

Kopecky

The (in)ability to sign every UFA/RFA in the offseason"

Oh look, another bandwagoner who just came here to bash a player he doesn't like on the team from Day 1 and nothing else..

Why aren't I surprised.

Bandwagoner or not, he's right. Osgood flat out sucks at the moment. Numbers don't lie. Conklin, an average goalie is much better than Osgood now. And it's not like Ozzie's gonna play good hockey all of sudden. Maybe he is just mentally and physically tired, I don't know but I would not count on him in the playoffs.

Guest Shoreline
Bandwagoner or not, he's right. Osgood flat out sucks at the moment. Numbers don't lie. Conklin, an average goalie is much better than Osgood now. And it's not like Ozzie's gonna play good hockey all of sudden. Maybe he is just mentally and physically tired, I don't know but I would not count on him in the playoffs.

We could say the same of the crappy defense that certainly wasn't helping Osgood by giving quality chances to the other team. Should dump them too.

Someone is gonna need to educate boomer on the quote function before it's too late.

Maybe you can help me with the quote function while I help you understand the game of hockey which includes goaltending.

not sure why eklund mentions sammy and the Wings becoming sellers at the deadline...

sammy isn't on the books next year. shedding him now, even for prospects, does not help next year's cap. unless of course, Kenny intends to add salary at the deadline... that would pretty much supercede anything we'd get merely dumping sammy.