• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Schneider traded to Candiens for a 2nd and 3rd.

Rate this topic

Schneider to the Habs

"The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Mathieu Schneider to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for second and third round picks.

Schneider previously played for the Canadiens from the 1989-90 season to the 1994-95 campaign.

This season, the New York native has 4 goals and 11 assists in 44 games.

The 39 year-old was selected in the third round (44th overall) of the 1987 NHL Entry Draft. A very well-traveled veteran, Schneider has had stints with the Canadiens, Islanders, Maple Leafs, Rangers, Kings, Red Wings, Ducks and Thrashers.

Details to follow."

Schneider to the Habs

"The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Mathieu Schneider to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for second and third round picks.

Schneider previously played for the Canadiens from the 1989-90 season to the 1994-95 campaign.

This season, the New York native has 4 goals and 11 assists in 44 games.

The 39 year-old was selected in the third round (44th overall) of the 1987 NHL Entry Draft. A very well-traveled veteran, Schneider has had stints with the Canadiens, Islanders, Maple Leafs, Rangers, Kings, Red Wings, Ducks and Thrashers.

Details to follow."

Has to be a better situation than Atlanta. He's worked in a lot of cool cities over his career.

Hey El Capitan, nice 60 Series. Any links to more pics of it? Are you on http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ?

No, I'm not a stalker, just a huge fan of the Red Wings and of overlanding. :thumbup: You can also find me here, usually, more so than ExPo: http://www.northwestoverlandsociety.org/

Canadiens fans, are some of the worst in the world. I'd have to believe a fan of another team, living in that city, would despise the Habs.

You've got that right man. When I read that Schneider was going to Montreal I thought immediately about all the reHabs fans that will try to razz me with the talk of them winning the cup now... again. They are as bad if not worse then Maple Leafs fans. Stupids Habs fans rioted (Looted, burned cars, smashed things etc.) last year after barely making out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Thats just retarded. Isn't rioting what people do when they are angry in protest to make sure they are heard? Who riots to celebrate? I was in downtown Detroit for the both the 97 and 98 cups, in Detroit one the America's most dangerous cities and I only saw millions of happy fans celebrating and having fun... not breaking, or stealing or fighting... the opposite in fact. Anyway, I like Schnieder but I detest the Habs and their delusional fans.... sorry about your luck Schneids, you shouldn't have run to the Ducks for more money and you would have won more Cups.

That's a steep price to pay for Schneider -- nice job by the Thrashers.

If this is an indicator -- defensemen will be going for premiums at the deadline.

So ultimately Atlanta trades Brad Larsen, Ken Klee, and Chad Painchaud for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Not bad for a bunch of scrubs.

Edited by egroen

The Habs always came up as the strongest contender for his services. Glad to see he is out of the cellar. But now he is in the spotlight, and under the microscope in Montreal.

He's been there before, he knows what it's all about.

If Schneider got a 2nd and a 3rd, I can't wait for Kaberle & Kubina to get moved. Should be a good haul.

I like the move for both teams... I guess it is partly his fault, but Schneider has been to a lot of teams in the last couple of years: Wings, Ducks, Thrashers, Canadiens.

yeah for being such a good d-man he sure has moved around a lot...

regardless im sure he's happy he's out of Atlanta rather quickly.

as for the Habs, i wonder if he will help the sinking ship that is the montreal canadiens

Canadiens fans, are some of the worst in the world. I'd have to believe a fan of another team, living in that city, would despise the Habs.

Right here and yes they are the worst fans. It's disgusting, you would think a team like the habs with the history they have that there fans would actually have a decent knowledge of hockey. There arrogant ...