• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

McCollum Watch

Rate this topic

He got a big win against London last night. All signs point to a Mike Murphy (Belleville) - McCollum (Brampton) showdown in the OHL East Final. Between the World Juniors and the upcoming OHL playoffs, he will have had lots of big game experience this season. Should end up in GR next year, but you never know with the way the Wings handle their goaltending situation.

McColllum stopped 21 of 23 shots today in a 5-2 win. Must have been some impressive stops amongst the 21 as he was awarded the 1st star. This kid is one heck of a prospect, every single game in a high scoring league he dominates.

First in the league for GAA (2.07) and 2nd in S% (.929). Gun! :thumbup:

In Brampton's First Round Series vs. Peterborough (Series B East), McCollum's totals are:

Game #1: 27 shots (4-18-5), 25 saves in a 5-2 Brampton win

Game #2: 13 shots (2-5-6-0), 9 saves in a 5-4 Brampton win in overtime.

Brampton had 64 shots in the game (24-18-21-1).

Edited by cusimano_brothers

"I think it's time for him to move on," said Red Wings director of scouting Joe McDonnell, who oversees the Ontario region. "Of course, it's how he (performs) at camp and things like how he's adjusting to the pro life, but we definitely have a plan for him to be in the American League next year."

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/200...3_RWCReport.php

With the signing of Pearce, you'd think that one of the four (Howard, Larsson, McCollum and Pearce) will be moved. If so, then my hunch is that Jimmy Howard is tired of waiting and jumping through the Red Wings hoops and the brass is tired of not seeing any consistency from him.

Also, Daniel Larsson adapted well to the NA style and rinks; before this year he had two successful years in the Swedish Men's League, who some like to argue that in many ways is more advanced than the AHL; won goaltender of the year in the SEL; and overall is quite ready to take the next step on most other teams. Some like to argue that he was ready before he came over here to be a backup. He just needed some time to adjust to the difference in nuances and details of the North American game, perhaps most notably the smaller rink size and the faster pace. Maybe they think that with everything considered, he's ready to backup Ozzie. He'll get his shot to compete for the job this summer and I guess we'll just see what happens.

I think that Howard will be traded after this year's upcoming camp.