• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blueliner

Holland:"Wings aren't seeking goalie"

Rate this topic

I have no strong feelings one way or the other on this issue, but I will admit that Osgood does seem to be turning a corner, albeit slowly. At the very least he has at least one great save for every bad goal he lets in now, which is definitely an improvement over anything earlier than three weeks ago.

Here it is straight from the man's mouth:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0341/1128/rss16

Thanks! I would only add a phrase to Holland's last statement about "If you're only going to focus on yesterday (OR read the LGW Osgood message board) you're only going to get worse".

Edited by Vladifan

I have no strong feelings one way or the other on this issue, but I will admit that Osgood does seem to be turning a corner, albeit slowly. At the very least he has at least one save for every bad goal he lets in now, which is definitely an improvement over anything earlier than three weeks ago.

fixed that for you

Don't know why anyone. There's not a goalie on the market that would be a significant ugprade over Ozzie whom we could realistically afford, cap-wise, without chopping up our future.

You are right, I think we have enough young talent in the net that we should trade for that, plus with all the other cap space we need saved for signing Hossa/Hudler/Mule etc we don't want to tie our selves up.

Ken Holland: "Yes, we'll be looking to add a goalie at the deadline."

I'm sure that sort of statement would do worlds of good for Chris Osgood's confidence, and really position Holland's hardball trade stance 2 and a half weeks before the deadline.

If March rolls around, and our goaltending remains stagnant, he'll be singing a different tune.

To be fair, this is probably the first one in a month that had something new to contribute.

I'm pretty sure this article has already been linked in one (if not more than one) thread that already exists.

I'd try to find it. ...but as mentioned before, there are plenty of goalie threads to pick from... and I might get lost and never find my way back to this one. :ph34r:

That would've been kinda humorous if it wasn't such a frickin' subtle change. I combed through my own words for about 30 seconds looking for what you 'fixed', and by then the build up was totally gone. I'm disappointed.

agreed, but I couldn't find the line through the words and there was no going back once I started

Guest MrSandMan
YAY! Another goaltender thread!

WOOO!

WOOOO!

Hopefully this ends all other goalie threads. So this one is appropriate.

Don't know why anyone. There's not a goalie on the market that would be a significant ugprade over Ozzie whom we could realistically afford, cap-wise, without chopping up our future.

You pretty much sum it up with this statement. At this point all we can really do is hope Ozzie comes around, and if he doesn't hope Conklin can pick up the slack. I don't think either scenarios are a stretch at all either.

one word: smokescreen

Anderson for Filppula anyone?

no f* way.

honestly. Flip is the future of this franchise or a trade bait in something much more important.

as for Wings goalies... we need a guy who doesn't loose games by himself and that's it. but

he doesn't have to win them - our F will get the job done in this area.

so far Oz is not this guy but Conklin seems to be able to do so. Oz has more playoff experience

but whether he is on his best level come April... we'll see.

our G future right now is McCollum. we can go with underrated goalies for some more years

until McCollum develops into NHL regular. and he will likely be our future. meanwhile it's gonna

be next Osgoods, Conklins, Legaces, Wreggets, Ranfords... Holland proved multiple times

that this works