No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/18 GDT: Predators 2 at Red Wings 6

Rate this topic

nsh.pngVS det.png

Preview- Predators at Red Wings

Recap- Predators 2, Red Wings 6

riples187e.png

Nashville: 27-27-3, 11-16-2 Road Record, 57 pts; 4th in Central Division, 12th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to OTT 2-0 Recap

Detroit: 37-12-8, 20-4-3 Home Record, 82 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to COL 6-5 (SO) Recap

Last DET-NSH meeting: 2/10, DET 5 at NSH 3 Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

NSH Jason Arnott: 21

DET Marian Hossa: 33

Assists

NSH J.P. Dumont: 28

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 46

Plus/Minus

NSH Shea Weber: +4

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +30

----

NSH Greg de Vries: -16

DET Kris Draper: -14

PIM

NSH Jordin Tootoo: 91

DET Andreas Lilja: 57

riples187g.png

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby (Leino)

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Lilja-Rafalski

Meech-Chelios

riples187h.png

NSH Dan Ellis

11-17-3, 2.82 GAA, .901 SV %, 3 SO

DET Ty Conklin

19-7-1, 2.34 GAA, .915 SV %, 6 SO

riples187i.png

NSH Radek Bonk (eye) questionable, Alexander Sulzer (shoulder) out, Scott Nichol (concussion) out

DET Johan Franzen (hand) probable, Tomas Holmstrom (hernia) out, Brad Sturt (ribs) out,

Brett Lebda (back) out, Darren McCarty (hernia) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

just a little sidenote on Holmstrom. I got a buddy who's kid plays hockey with one of the trainers (cannot tell his name) kid, well their wives were talking one day, and you know those ladies who gossip, gossip, gossip, well, and this may not be a secret, but I guess Holmstrom is worse than is letting be known. The Wings are hoping for him to be ready for the last 10 game's IF THEY'RE LUCKY. If not, then could be a long playoff run without Homer! Take that for what it is worth since I didn't here it personally, but from someone who did.

My prediction. The Preds are dealt another loss when they really need the 2 pts to cling to their fading playoff hopes.

This is sad for me since it's nice being able catch Red Wings playoff hockey only 3 hours away (assuming they'd meet at all).

Go Wings.

4 - 0. (superstition, shmuperstition)

Will not be able to watch the game by doing a project for the university. Hopefully we come up big and take a win.

p.s)) By the way, what does GDT stand for? I just do not understand.. By the computer word, it is a graphic display terminal; but does GDT stand for like 'Game D____ T____'?

Will not be able to watch the game by doing a project for the university. Hopefully we come up big and take a win.

p.s)) By the way, what does GDT stand for? I just do not understand.. By the computer word, it is a graphic display terminal; but does GDT stand for like 'Game D____ T____'?

it stands for Game Day Thread

looking forward to a great game. Looking for a Wings win :thumbup: ! has anyone heard anymore on Lebda?

Per MLive -

Franzen ready to return

Forward Johan Franzen expects to play tonight against Nashville after missing five games with bruised tendons in his right hand. He practiced on a line with Valtteri Filppula and Marian Hossa.

"Playing with Hossa, feels like we got chemistry because he scores all the time,'' Franzen said. "We tell ourselves we have something to do with it.''

Franzen's return bumps Ville Leino to the fourth line. He's not a defensive player, but he likely will get a good opportunity to show what he can do on the fourth line. And if he proves to be responsible in his own end, he might earn a spot on the fourth line in the playoffs.

Babcock already has declared that Darren Helm will be with the team in the postseason, just like last year.

"I'll be using (Helm) in the playoffs,'' Babcock said. "I don't know what (line) -- he looks pretty good where he is right now (on the third line, with Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson). He's been excellent.

"I'm going to keep (Leino) there (fourth line). I really like his game. I like both of those guys. They've given us energy and made us better. I see them being a big part of our team.''

The fourth line (Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Tomas Kopecky) has not been as effective as the club would like. It has a combined plus-minus rating of minus-9 in the past four games and minus-23 for the season.

"They can't be minus, so we'll get that sorted out down the stretch,'' Babcock said. "They're all good players. Just hasn't been as good as it should be.''

Injury updates

• Stuart returned to practice Tuesday, sooner than expected. His neck and back don't bother him when he skates, but his ribs are sore. He is eligible to come off long-term injured reserve at any time and might return in less than two weeks.

"Once I start getting into battles, taking hits and giving hits, that will be the true test of how good I'm feeling,'' Stuart said.

• Lebda skated briefly each of the past two days but remains out with back spasms. He said the hit by Minnesota's Cal Clutterbuck that injured him last Thursday was not dirty.

"I think he was looking to get a little redemption on the hit I got on him in the first period,'' Lebda said. "I tried to duck, his knee went right into my back, kind of like getting a charley horse on my quad.''

• Right wing Darren McCarty had a setback in his recovery from sports hernia surgery and isn't sure if he will play in Grand Rapids this weekend.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

just a little sidenote on Holmstrom. I got a buddy who's kid plays hockey with one of the trainers (cannot tell his name) kid, well their wives were talking one day, and you know those ladies who gossip, gossip, gossip, well, and this may not be a secret, but I guess Holmstrom is worse than is letting be known. The Wings are hoping for him to be ready for the last 10 game's IF THEY'RE LUCKY. If not, then could be a long playoff run without Homer! Take that for what it is worth since I didn't here it personally, but from someone who did.

God I hope not. He is so significant to our playoff chances its not even funny.

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 shootout)

Home: 1-game losing streak (shootout).

Streaks vs. Nashville

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Home: 1-game winning streak (overtime shutout).

Games on this Day.

This it the 7th game played on Wednesday this season. The Club's record in the previous 6 games:

4W-1L-1OTL.

Record on this Date.

February 18.

This is the 38th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 37 games:

20W-13L-3T-1OTL.

LGW.

Few thoughts from the enemy here...

1. I think the boys will be much readier for this game than they were last week.

2. Having Bonk back is a bigger deal than you might think.

3. Trotzy is reinserting Ville "Epic Fail" Koistenen on a PP unit, replacing Sullivan there. Gak. Neither one is a good option. Though it hasn't been named, word is either Kevin Klein or Greg DeVries will be the healthy scratch for us.

4. Rinne likely in net, though some rumor had Ellis tonight since he brings his A game against DET, and Rinne tomorrow. We'll see.

5. In order to make the playoffs, Trotz is taking it in 3 game chunks. Gotta go 2-1 each time. So far so good. Win tonight, keep the pace.

6. David Legwand is absolutely on fire.

Our projected lines with the return of Bonk:

Dumont-Arnott-Sullivan

Erat-Legwand-Jones

Smithson-Bonk-Pihlstrom

Belak-Fiddler-Tootoo

Weber/Suter

Hamhuis/Zanon

Klein/Devries/Koistenen

Rinne likely, slightly possible Ellis

Guest E_S_A_D
Few thoughts from the enemy here...

Belak-Fiddler-Tootoo

That's the key to the game. If they can throw the Wings off their finesse play and have them doublechecking an incoming hit instead of making the play, then Preds win. Goaltending must be solid too.

LOL, glad to be back, I'm perpetually on our board, and spend alot of time lurking here close to Wings/Preds games and I'll probably post during the day and game and whatnot.

But yeah, our styles are so different it presents matchup problems for you. We're very physical and grinding at times, whereas the Things are artsy, etc. Its too bad Toots and Belak don't have anyone to dance with for you guys.

Should be a good game. Heck, the last game was great in periods 2 and 3, Rinne was spectacular. If we manage to make the playoffs, I want to play the Wings. Sharks and Flames tend to give us problems.

LOL, glad to be back, I'm perpetually on our board, and spend alot of time lurking here close to Wings/Preds games and I'll probably post during the day and game and whatnot.

But yeah, our styles are so different it presents matchup problems for you. We're very physical and grinding at times, whereas the Things are artsy, etc. Its too bad Toots and Belak don't have anyone to dance with for you guys.

Should be a good game. Heck, the last game was great in periods 2 and 3, Rinne was spectacular. If we manage to make the playoffs, I want to play the Wings. Sharks and Flames tend to give us problems.

Toots and Belak don't have anyone to dance with

watch out now, Dats has been throwin his weight around lately. lol.

Sharks and Flames tend to give us problems

yer preachin to the choir on this one.

on a happier note, I hope 2 2 plays clean....or gets a stomach virus and s***s his pants. That'll get him booted. hey, if we can't get octopus slime on the ice......lol.

I'd really like to see Lidstrom and Zetterberg put up some big points. I know its late in the game for Lids, but I still feel like a strong finish for him could get him the Norris. Not that it's that important.

And if it's true, Cleary, etc. are gonna have to start practicing real hard on deflections in front of the net.

Looked good enough last game. And Franzen is also really good at it.

What they don't do half as good as Homer though, is screening the goalie. Homer is the best in the league at it.

I cringe everytime I see Cleary or Franzen standing slightly to the side of the goalie, giving him a clear view of the shot.

But I wouldn't trust that rumor too much just yet.. it's still early on in his recovery and I think it's hard to predict how long it's going to take for him to get back.

As for the game today, I feel like it's hat-trick time for Datsyuk. 4-2 WINgs, Lidstrom with the EN goal.