• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Claude Lemieux just turtled AGAIN

Rate this topic

A scrum of many players started and Theo Peckham wound up on top of Claudette. Well they broke away for a commercial and when the Sharks network returned from the ad they showed the 'fight' where Peckham laid into Claude a few solid punches and yep, you guessed it, Claude dropped down to his knees and took a few more covering his head UNTIL the linesmen stepped in. While Peckham and Lemieux jawed Lemeux took a cheap shot across the officials and was then awarded an extra 10 minute misconduct on top of his 5 minutes for fighting.

This is turning into a nasty game tonight. No doubt the Lemieux clip will hit YouTube soon enough. The Sharks announcers are sure hyper-aware of every imagined foul against the Sharks, it's bordering on whining

Edited by Jersey Wing

He's practicing for the 25th.

Why, what's going to happen on the 25th?

I don't really think anyone who supports this current Red Wings' team has any business laughing at anything regarding a fight. An old, washed up Claude Lemieux could literally kick our entire roster's ass (maybe not Lilja, he might be able to tie his arms up and tackle him). And that's not even a joke. We're that pathetic.

I don't really think anyone who supports this current Red Wings' team has any business laughing at anything regarding a fight. An old, washed up Claude Lemieux could literally kick our entire roster's ass (maybe not Lilja, he might be able to tie his arms up and tackle him). And that's not even a joke. We're that pathetic.

Lilja would destroy him. And I'm not saying that jokingly. Lilja would blow his face the f*** up.

that wasn't something new... :)

just a couple of thoughts about San Jose in general.

I watched a lot of San Jose games this year, especially, recently. From my point of view, there is something wrong with this team. They act on the ice like they always have something to prove. They are a good team, no doubt about that, but the way they handle themselves on the ice is a bit strange. Looks like they always look for some scrum, fight, whatever and they do that with some kind of hysteria - all their players on the ice get immediately engaged in those little battles with a lot of energy. And those repeated things "we're the best in the league" (remeber Thornton screamed that when Setogucci was interviewed during the game and occasionally said that Red Wings are the best). This reminds me a kind of a child that tries to be older than he is. Am I the only one who notices these things?

PS Sorry for my English... still hope you get the point.

Edited by RusDRW

that wasn't something new... :)

just a couple of thoughts about San Jose in general.

I watched a lot of San Jose games this year, especially, recently. From my point of view, there is something wrong with this team. They act on the ice like they always have something to prove. They are a good team, no doubt about that, but the way they handle themselves on the ice is a bit strange. Looks like they always look for some scrum, fight, whatever and they do that with some kind of hysteria - all their players on the ice get immediately engaged in those little battles with a lot of energy. And those repeated things "we're the best in the league" (remeber Thornton screamed that when Setogucci was interviewed during the game and occasionally said that Red Wings are the best). This reminds me a kind of a child that tries to be older than he is. Am I the only one who notices these things?

PS Sorry for my English... still hope you get the point.

Born and raised in Michigan and I wish my English skills were so good.

To the point I'm not to sure needing to prove something is not so bad a thing to need.

Oh my god we are in trouble because we do not get involved in fights that much!

Come on now...

These people are big boys and professionals, they know how to take care of themselves.

Oh my god we are in trouble because we do not get involved in fights that much!

Come on now...

These people are big boys and professionals, they know how to take care of themselves.

Maybe they'll bring up Downey so they will have one person who knows how to fight at least. It's too bad McCarty isn't around to kick the living sh*t out of him again. Just for old times sake.

:lol:

What a little ******* girl (no offense to the ladies here)....

:clap:

Claude is a *****. I wish someone would beat his ass right out of hockey.

Guest micah

This.

Good on Lemieux for having the sack to drop his gloves with the much younger Peckham. It ain't about winning, it's about showing up.

What a retarded post. Are you really that stupid or just a Wing hating Leaf's fan? Either way, you have no knowledge of the past because even in the day the fem Lemieux would only fight smaller Wings. An announcer pointed that out once that Lemieux would stake towards smaller Wings and if anyone remotely his size skated towards him he "skated away." And that our team doesn't play dirty means they are whusses is the sort of thing I expect from you losers from Toronto who can fight, the dirtier the better, and can't play hockey.

It doesn't take a lot to get him to turtle these days, it seems. Our boys will be fine. Besides, were the champions of fighting behind refs. He's playing right into our style.

Yes, Clod is a *****...and a turtle. I just watched it on YouTube and wondering one thing. Is it possible that he got pulled down and couldn't get right back up? If he was down and being held there, there is really no sense in laying back and yelling "Smack me around like the little ***** I am", but to protect ones self is a good practice. He dropped his mitts with a dude that, very likely, was going to give him a beat down on any given day. I have no respect for Clod, because of past stupidities and pussyness, and certainly because of the cheap shot when the linesmen were in there, but to bash on him for no reason sounds a lot like kicking someone when they are down. Never kick someone when they are down...it's an extra penalty!

Half the people on this website, including myself, have zero idea what a hyperbole is. Maybe a really fast bowl that can potentially hold cereal.

If its really fast wouldn't the cereal spill out? I don't want me cereal to spill out :blink:

After looking at that video a few times it really didn't look to me as he turtled. He just got his ass kicked, fell and was trying to get back up. Maybe he wouldn't have tried to get up if the refs didn't jump in. It looks like his hand is over his head somewhat as he gets up, trying to grab at the jersey or blocking a shot.

I expected the classic McCarty induced turtle 8(

Guest micah
What a retarded post. Are you really that stupid or just a Wing hating Leaf's fan? Either way, you have no knowledge of the past because even in the day the fem Lemieux would only fight smaller Wings. An announcer pointed that out once that Lemieux would stake towards smaller Wings and if anyone remotely his size skated towards him he "skated away." And that our team doesn't play dirty means they are whusses is the sort of thing I expect from you losers from Toronto who can fight, the dirtier the better, and can't play hockey.

Umm, did you miss the game where Claude dropped his gloves with our enforcer and fought him very well? When he's not getting jumped, Claude can hold his own. When McCarty decided to fight him fair instead of jumping him, he barely eeked out the victory. A team's enforcer should always mop the floor with another team's pest, especially a pest who doesn't fight often. Mac didn't, because Mac couldn't. That fight showed the world why Mac jumped Claude the first time - apparently it was because cheap tactics and sucker punches are the only way Mac could get a decisive win against CL. Personally I wouldn't have advertised that if I were Mac, but whatever:)