• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DuckSoup13

Why does Kopecky...

Rate this topic

...seem to be favored ahead of Helm, Leino, Meech and Abelkader in the average starting lineup?

He doesnt seem to do any one thing exceptionally well, rarely scores, doesnt hit hard, takes a ton of hits (poor guy), isn't very fast, basically I dont see the value in him vs the other guys mentioned above.

Is he a on a one-way contract currently, thus not giving us the option of sending him to G.R. or something?

I just dont see what Babcock sees in him

He is a plug and thats about it... not even a good plug but he gets into games to give our real hockey players a bit of a breather. If he is back next season I will be sad because there are better players in GR ready to hop in and who will definately provide way more to the team.

Because he is a 4th liner!!!!!! why does these threads come up all the time! I wonder if anyone has ever knows how hockey or played hockey around here some times. sigh :nono:

He can't be sent down and there's not enough cap space to just bench him on a regular basis. The team has been waiting and waiting for him to turn into some kind of power forward, hopefully after this year at 27/28 whatever he is, they'll finally pull the cord on this experiment.

Edited by skacore

Because he is a 4th liner!!!!!! why does these threads come up all the time! I wonder if anyone has ever knows how hockey or played hockey around here some times. sigh :nono:

Fourth liner or not, he sucks...I'd take Darren Helm on the 4th line in his place all day long, once we're healthy and forced to make that decision.

Fourth liner or not, he sucks...I'd take Darren Helm on the 4th line in his place all day long, once we're healthy and forced to make that decision.

Agreed. Most teams use the 4th line to fight, hit, mix things up, etc. Maltby has a purpose there to piss of players, Draper wins faceoffs, as does Helm, Mac and Downey go in and fight, Abdelkader hits..what does Kopecky do exactly that benefits the 4th line?

I dont understand why we just dont deal him. We could prob get at least $1.5 mil for him. He is the same skinny, weak guy as the day he started and I dont ever see him being a true physical presence.

Agreed. Most teams use the 4th line to fight, hit, mix things up, etc. Maltby has a purpose there to piss of players, Draper wins faceoffs, as does Helm, Mac and Downey go in and fight, Abdelkader hits..what does Kopecky do exactly that benefits the 4th line?

I dont understand why we just dont deal him. We could prob get at least $1.5 mil for him. He is the same skinny, weak guy as the day he started and I dont ever see him being a true physical presence.

You're right on almost everything there....but as for his trade value; I don't think he really has any. His stats are almost non-existent, and he takes plenty of needless penalties in his minimal ice time. I'd say our best bet is to just ride out the season with him and not offer him a contract when he becomes a UFA at season's end.

Thomas Kopecky, is that you?

If that is you, then you suck. Even for a 4th liner. Please leave the team so that we can replace you with a physical forward who actually fights.

Kopecky plays because he can't be sent to GR without passing through waivers. The Red Wings like to horde as many players as they can, so they are keeping him up here and started Helm/Leino in GR. When the time comes (playoffs), those that most help the team will be on the ice.

Even as a 4th liner, he should be able to show some sort of talent while out on the ice. You can't attribute his play solely to the line he plays on.

The only thing that remotely comes to mind is that he's best friends with Hossa and we're trying to butter him up for a big fat juicy contract. But that's just the conspiracy in me talking.

I think a lot of you are forgetting he's still coming off a serious knee injury which can take a year or more to fully recover from.

He's not going to do any better getting into form sitting on the bench all season, and he can't be sent down to GR without getting waived.. and someone WILL pick him up.

Edit: Likely by some crapass team like Atlanta where he'd get 3rd or sometimes even 2nd line minutes and PK, possibly PP time, where he then puts up a 30 point season worthy amount of production for the remainder season, and everyone here gets yet another reminder that even the "spare" players on the Wings roster are quality players elsewhere. 3 months later, threads emerge about how stupid the Wings were to let him go instead of (insert current scapegoat).

Edited by Datsyerberger

Kopecky is there to provide HJ's and keep his boyfriend Marian Happy...no other reason. He's poop. King of the "skate into the offensive zone and take alow percentage shot into the goalies chest". KOPECKY YOU SUCK!!!

I think a lot of you are forgetting he's still coming off a serious knee injury which can take a year or more to fully recover from.

He's not going to do any better getting into form sitting on the bench all season, and he can't be sent down to GR without getting waived.. and someone WILL pick him up.

Edit: Likely by some crapass team like Atlanta where he'd get 3rd or sometimes even 2nd line minutes and PK, possibly PP time, where he then puts up a 30 point season worthy amount of production for the remainder season, and everyone here gets yet another reminder that even the "spare" players on the Wings roster are quality players elsewhere. 3 months later, threads emerge about how stupid the Wings were to let him go instead of (insert current scapegoat).

I agree that he needs to get his knee back. It's just that every time I notice him he's falling down. How good was his skating and balance before the injury?

Kopecky provides veteran leadership in the dressing room, and come playoff time he will throw his body around with reckless abandon. He'll be the first guy Norris Nick hands the Cup to when we win it this year...

Kopecky isn't just a random scapegoat like Samuelsson has been in the past, he's the worst player on the current roster with no area of specialty at all that never does anything to redeem himself. Every player on this team has at least 1 specific aspect of the game that they excel at, except for Kopecky. He is the definition of filler.

I don't see the fear of losing him to waivers at all.

Thomas Kopecky, is that you?

If that is you, then you suck. Even for a 4th liner. Please leave the team so that we can replace you with a physical forward who actually fights.

:lol: GMR, you're going to get me fired, because I crack up out loud sometimes at your posts. Thanks for helping me thru my day. :thumbup: As for Thomas, I thought I saw some promise in him before his knee injury, but as folks before have mentioned, he hasn't been the same since. He'll unfortunately probably be around as long as Hossa's here because of their relationship.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Kopecky provides veteran leadership in the dressing room, and come playoff time he will throw his body around with reckless abandon. He'll be the first guy Norris Nick hands the Cup to when we win it this year...

What kind of glue are you buying and where? I hope they sell it here in Canada because I want the same buzz you got.

He's "gritty" too.

esteef

I agree that he needs to get his knee back. It's just that every time I notice him he's falling down. How good was his skating and balance before the injury?

A bit better. The biggest difference was that he was significantly grittier, and some people remember him throwing punches in the AHL, too.

I think he'll be better after conditioning this off-season. He never really had a conditioning stint before this season, as he was recovering from his injury that summer (and probably has been half the season).

Kopecky isn't just a random scapegoat like Samuelsson has been in the past, he's the worst player on the current roster with no area of specialty at all that never does anything to redeem himself. Every player on this team has at least 1 specific aspect of the game that they excel at, except for Kopecky. He is the definition of filler.

I don't see the fear of losing him to waivers at all.

Agreed. I don't see him as a scapegoat at all, just someone with an undeserved roster spot. He brings nothing to the game that's not easily replaced from within, and this is the time of year I feel the Wings could use Downey the most. In the playoffs it's obvious Kopecky should be the odd man out. Leino or Helm could easily provide more ANYTHING, come playoff time. So if it means waivers, so be it.

Agreed. I don't see him as a scapegoat at all, just someone with an undeserved roster spot. He brings nothing to the game that's not easily replaced from within, and this is the time of year I feel the Wings could use Downey the most. In the playoffs it's obvious Kopecky should be the odd man out. Leino or Helm could easily provide more ANYTHING, come playoff time. So if it means waivers, so be it.

Well, seeing as the cap isn't an issue in the post season, you WILL see Leino and Helm over him, most likely. Just like they are now when we have the cap space.

Kopecky is good for the role he plays, when he's healthy. Too many people here expect everyone on the roster to become the next Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lidstrom.

This is what you'll likely see in the playoffs, assuming everyone's healthy:

ZDH

Franzen - Flip - Hossa

Leino/Hudler - Hudler/Helm - Cleary/Sammy

Leino/Helm - Draper - Sammy/Cleary (While Leino on the 4th line may seem :( at first, it becomes :) after you realize he'd be playing against other team's crappy players)

Kopecky, Maltby, D-Mac, Downey ALL potential good fill-ins

Does the idea that we're likely going to have to play a 2nd liner on our 4th line just to make everything fit in the playoffs make anyone else here giddy?

Well, seeing as the cap isn't an issue in the post season, you WILL see Leino and Helm over him, most likely. Just like they are now when we have the cap space.

Kopecky is good for the role he plays, when he's healthy. Too many people here expect everyone on the roster to become the next Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lidstrom.

This is what you'll likely see in the playoffs, assuming everyone's healthy:

ZDH

Franzen - Flip - Hossa

Leino/Hudler - Hudler/Helm - Cleary/Sammy

Leino/Helm - Draper - Sammy/Cleary (While Leino on the 4th line may seem :( at first, it becomes :) after you realize he'd be playing against other team's crappy players)

Kopecky, Maltby, D-Mac, Downey ALL potential good fill-ins

Does the idea that we're likely going to have to play a 2nd liner on our 4th line just to make everything fit in the playoffs make anyone else here giddy?

Oh, i don't expect him to become Datsyuk or anything, just be better or bring something more than other players could bring to that roster spot. Not just in the playoffs but starting tonight. Injury or whatever the reason may be, he's just not performing well enough to merit staying in the lineup or even on the roster. But hey, I'm just a fan not a coach.

Edited by bringback91

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kopecky is really Yan Golubovsky in disguise. We need to trade him for Larionov.