• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Eklund trade rumor almost makes sense

Rate this topic

The Red Wings have come out and essentially said that they may indeed be forced to be sellers and the word is that they are discussing possibly moving Mikael Samuelsson to either Boston or Ottawa...The Hawks would love him, but that will not happen. The Red Wings are looking to take no money back of course in the deal. Just picks and prospects.

With sammy pretty much the odd man out this summer, it would make sense to dump him now, keep Leino/helm/ericcson up and actually get some return for him instead of losing him for nothing in the summer. One of the few times I actually hope hes right.

Edited by Heaton

Shaman and edi...I gotta disagree. While this deal would certainly make hockey sense, IMO it makes *more* hockey sense to keep him for the remainder of the year. Obviously, moving Sammy for some picks/prospects would benefit the Wings going forward, but this team is ready to challenge for the Cup again this year. Sammy was a big part of their success last postseason and has been stellar given his payscale this year. To me, it makes more sense to use him for the Cup run and lose him for nothing in the offseason than it would to try and go it without him come Spring.

as much as this makes sense for the team, and i can't beleive im saying this, i'd like the wings to hold on to sammy for the cup run. The line of sammy,huds and helm has great chemistry and sammy does score some big goals. But if leino continues to impress then losing sammy might not be as bad as we think

Shaman and edi...I gotta disagree. While this deal would certainly make hockey sense, IMO it makes *more* hockey sense to keep him for the remainder of the year. Obviously, moving Sammy for some picks/prospects would benefit the Wings going forward, but this team is ready to challenge for the Cup again this year. Sammy was a big part of their success last postseason and has been stellar given his payscale this year. To me, it makes more sense to use him for the Cup run and lose him for nothing in the offseason than it would to try and go it without him come Spring.

Very true. Sammy's done it before, Leino hasn't. Didn't really think too much about that. Since you put it that way, I doubt Kenny's going to do much of anything around the deadline.

With sammy pretty much the odd man out this summer, it would make sense to dump him now, keep Leino/helm/ericcson up and actually get some return for him instead of losing him for nothing in the summer. One of the few times I actually hope hes right.

It all depends on how good of a pick or prospect we can get for him.

I don't want to do trade Sammy for garbage, he can still hep us in the playoffs, but if they make us an offer we cant refuse?

The Wings are going to be forced to be sellers because why? I don't get his logic. Sammy has 36 pts for the Wings this year and we need to dump him for a reason that I can't find? We don't need more cap space this year and he will be a UFA at year's end anyways. No sense to this...and it's Ecklund.

Unless we're looking at picking up Lucic, which Boston would be retarded to give him up. A Sammy + prospect + picks for Lucic trade would be a dream but that's about what it is...a dream.

The Wings are going to be forced to be sellers because why? I don't get his logic. Sammy has 36 pts for the Wings this year and we need to dump him for a reason that I can't find? We don't need more cap space this year and he will be a UFA at year's end anyways. No sense to this...and it's Ecklund.

Unless we're looking at picking up Lucic, which Boston would be retarded to give him up. A Sammy + prospect + picks for Lucic trade would be a dream but that's about what it is...a dream.

Especially with all of the room that has been created by Stuart on LTIR. It wouldn't break my heart to see Sammy leave, but I have to say, this is an Eklund rumor. He has already shown us why his logic is flawed.

I am confused by Eklund. Just because he thinks something and types it, he calls it a rumor. I would have defined a rumor as something with some sort of source behind it, not just intuition, a flashlight and a gerbil which is about all the Ek goes upon.