• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phazon

Lidstrom's race to reach 1000p this season

Rate this topic

Lidstrom has definitely picked up the pace lately.

Wings have 24 games left, and #5 needs to put up 19 points. Definitely doable with his current form.

Imagine if he does it in his last game :D

Edited by Phazon

Guest mindfly

I'd cream my pants I think....It's definitely not impossible... but we can be sure he does it next season.. so it's all good.

19 points for any defenseman in 24 games is rockstar numbers. I'm not saying he doesn't have a shot at it, but it's gonna be tough. It'll come down to the wire if it happens this season. One thing that goes in his favor is the Wings' attempts at catching the Sharks before the season is over. If they can be within a few points down the stretch when the games in hand start to even out, it'll push the Wings even harder since home-ice will be on the line.

At his current pace he should get it. Right now he's scoring .78 points a game and 19 points in the next 24 games would be .79.

Nothing like cutting it close. :lol:

It would be great if he could do it, but I just can't see him getting that many points the rest of the season. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings find themselves in a place where they can't catch SJ and CAL/CHI can't catch them and Lidstrom gets a game or two to rest before the playoffs.

It's not unthinkable when you consider how good our PP is.

Would be awesome if it happened this season, but it would also be fun if he came within 1 or 2 and then he got to a 1000 during the games in Sweden next season.

At his current pace he should get it. Right now he's scoring .78 points a game and 19 points in the next 24 games would be .79.

Someone call Nick and have him ratchet his level of play up .01

Edited by UP2HERE

I'm hoping for Hudler to sign a 6-year extension at $2m per year soon by the deadline, and then score 1.5 points per game after the deadline which includes production that puts Nick at 25+ points from now until the end of the season.

Work for everyone?

I'm hoping for Hudler to sign a 6-year extension at $2m per year soon by the deadline, and then score 1.5 points per game after the deadline which includes production that puts Nick at 25+ points from now until the end of the season.

Work for everyone?

Dude- that so works for me. However- your signing hopes are usually below what they should be (judging from the link in your signature :P ), so I'll put the number at $2.25 for 6 years. ;) Realistically I think we'd have to offer him $3million at very long term to keep him happy, but who knows when it comes to Holland.

It would be great if he could do it, but I just can't see him getting that many points the rest of the season. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings find themselves in a place where they can't catch SJ and CAL/CHI can't catch them and Lidstrom gets a game or two to rest before the playoffs.

i'm thinkin SJ is about to have a major slump very soon.

i'm thinkin SJ is about to have a major slump very soon.

Hopefully just in time for the playoffs. :sly: It doesn't seem like they've faced a lot of adversity this season, so they're overdue for a slump.

But yeah, I think Nick should be able to make it. They don't call him Super Swede for nothing.

Edited by wingnut40