• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

heed316

Big Montreal Scandal...

Rate this topic

Has anyone else heard anything about this? There's a thread over on HFboards with what appears to be a 'big' scandal about to break with Montreal. Thread discussing it is here

UPDATE:

Basically there was a big raid against streets gangs in Montreal a few days ago. One of the gangster was in possession of financial documents and bills of the credits card of the Kostitsyn brothers. Apparently they were good friend and they have been partying together for a while. He also knew Hamrlik.

UPDATE2:

French newspaper La Presse in Montreal reported in Friday's edition that two players on the Montreal Canadiens, Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn, have been linked to a suspected member of organized crime recently arrested under the police operation Axe.

According to La Presse, 38-year-old Mangiola Pasquale made a number of services available to the two young players at bars, including girls and luxury cars.

Pasquale has been charged with six charges of conspiracy, possession and trafficking of cocaine, and an illegal weapons charge.

During the investigation, police allegedly recorded secret phone conversations between the Kostitsyns and Pasquale, referred to as a big friend of the brothers.

At this point, police are not willing to comment on what has been referred to as 'Project Axe'.

"Concerning the numerous rumours that have been running around last night and this morning, they are still rumours as far as we are concerned," Constable Yannick Ouimet said.

"We do not comment on investigations, like Axe, that are before the courts," Const. Ouimet.

Edited by heed316

Check Yahoo's hockey blogger Greg Wyshnski, there's a picture of 4 Habs playing probably drunk at a bar in speedos. If the things being discussed are indeed criminal charges/club related stuff, I wouldnt doubt it had something to do with that, who knows how many were there. Then again it could all be bull, and the boys were just having fun at the bar.

Quoted from some guy on HF. Link is in french...

-------------------------

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?category=10

Click on "L'Antichambre" and then the first "Les manchettes des Experts" (second in the list) to see the Demers clip. It's in French but yeah.

Basically:

Demers: "Honestly, there are things I know, and what looks like what's going to come out [in the papers] tomorrow, I swear to you, I thought about Mr. Beliveau tonight...and I just hope I'm dreaming. I'm a proud Canadien, the Canadiens are my life, and I hope I'm dreaming but I don't think I am"

Bergeron: "I feel the same way. It's unbelievable. Tomorrow, hockey will be second. I don't like at all what I've heard today."

Hartley: "If everything we've been told is true, I've never seen that in my life. If it's true, I'm going back to Atlanta [joking]"

Mitchell: "The Canadiens are my roots, and my idols, like you guys...and it looks like the foundation is going to be shaken. Not just for the Quebecois but for anyone who wears the Canadiens sweater around the country. To me, what's happened, it's unacceptable".

Crete: "We can't go into many details but something has happened that will implicate not just one Canadiens player but many. You'll be hearing more tomorrow."

-------------------------

Sounds pretty big.

Edited by RedWingedKitten

Wow. I am just hearing about this now, read it over on habsinsideout.com. I've got to figure it has something to do with drugs. Hopefully it won't be as damning as most people are making it out to be.

Damn, hope this doesn't derail their season. I'm still dreaming of a Wings/Habs finals no matter how far fetched that's starting to look.

I've seen everything from drug use to prostitution ring to underage orgy...ALL of that is pure speculation though and was promptly deleted from the thread. The HABS plane can be tracked at http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7042 as per a link in another thread, maybe real legitimate news to what this is all about will come after the plane lands. Crazy stuff...

I've seen everything from drug use to prostitution ring to underage orgy...ALL of that is pure speculation though and was promptly deleted from the thread. The HABS plane can be tracked at http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7042 as per a link in another thread, maybe real legitimate news to what this is all about will come after the plane lands. Crazy stuff...

You can track planes online? For some reason that seems insane to me.

Hopefully this news isn't particularly damaging. The NHL doesn't need to be crucified during the small media coverage it receives.

You can track planes online? For some reason that seems insane to me.

Hopefully this news isn't particularly damaging. The NHL doesn't need to be crucified during the small media coverage it receives.

I'll bet this will be mild compared to some of the s*** that goes down in the NFL.

And they say there's no such thing as bad press...

We'll see I guess.