• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Question about last night's game

Rate this topic

I didn't get to watch the game last night because I was at the Jackets/Ducks game. How did Howard look? From what I could see in the highlights, he gave up some weak goals. I think it was just that he needed to adjust a little bit to the faster pace of the NHL.

See the game day thread

But I will tell you my point of view

He was typical Howard, he let in 2 soft goals and has shown why the management doesnt have much confidence in him at this point. He is too streaky in the AHL (look at any prospect report on him to back up this statement) to ever make a great NHL goalie and from what I can tell hes going to be a suckier version of Manny Legace. I personally vote the Wings dump him now for whatever they can get, and use Larsson and McCollum next season in the AHL and retain Conklin next season for the NHL team

Edited by Shaman464

I honestly found it difficult to judge Howard's skill level as a goalie.. for one reason. Most of our team last night looked so off their game that they didn't help him out at all. Not nearly the way they play when Conklin is in net & they've had a day of rest, for example.

He didn't look great out there - but neither did most of our team. I'd have to see Howard in net when the Wings are playing their normal game to judge properly.